Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you see a homeless man getting abducted, but the police cant find evidence of it doesnt mean you then have to say I was wrong, I am just seeing things.

It would be weirder if he said I withdraw my complaint because other people didnt find evidence of it. If he thinks hes heard it, hes not going to change his mind on that suddenly.

But look at this incident - Rudiger being given dogs abuse for overreacting and getting Son sent off - believes he hears multiple monkey chants in amongst literally thousands of voices from several yards away. Two weeks later a full and comprehensive investigation reveals no video, audio or human evidence to back that up ...

Let's be honest with the crowd at full volume you can't hear the guy three seats away let alone pick out what he's saying ... your analogy with a missing homeless man is just way off base ... no question that allegations go unproven every day, and no question that some are genuine ... but look at this incident.

On the basis of everything we've been told, and let's face it plain common sense, the chances that the only person in the ground, or on TV, or trawling through evidence for days, who from several metres away heard 'more than one' individual doing monkey impressions was Rudiger? that's simply no longer believable.

Rudiger knows what he thought her heard, but he was wrong ... man up and admit it.

He's got previous... exaggeration his forte, ask Sonny?
Almost every single player exaggerates when they get tackled. Kane dives, Son dives, Alli dives all the time. Almost every player lies as well when they know the ball touched them last but they try to claim that throw in or corner. All that stays within the game though and is not a previous.

But look at this incident - Rudiger being given dogs abuse for overreacting and getting Son sent off - believes he hears multiple monkey chants in amongst literally thousands of voices from several yards away. Two weeks later a full and comprehensive investigation reveals no video, audio or human evidence to back that up ...

Let's be honest with the crowd at full volume you can't hear the guy three seats away let alone pick out what he's saying ... your analogy with a missing homeless man is just way off base ... no question that allegations go unproven every day, and no question that some are genuine ... but look at this incident.

On the basis of everything we've been told, and let's face it plain common sense, the chances that the only person in the ground, or on TV, or trawling through evidence for days, who from several metres away heard 'more than one' individual doing monkey impressions was Rudiger? that's simply no longer believable.

Rudiger knows what he thought her heard, but he was wrong ... man up and admit it.
Again the club aren't saying he misheard anything, they are backing him. He has nothing to man up for unless he believe he made a mistake.

This BS Holt is pushing about Spurs not being thorough is deluded. Think back to the Man City thing. The guy was identified and banned. Man City looked pro-active and looked good (or at least things quietened ) in the media. If Spurs could do the same they would do it in a heart beat.
To be fair it looks better if we say there was a thorough investigation and no one was racist at all rather than finding an actual culprit.

Again the club aren't saying he misheard anything, they are backing him. He has nothing to man up for unless he believe he made a mistake.

The club are not backing his claim, just his right to have made it ... the club refute his claim 100%

All the evidence and just basic common sense tells you he made a mistake - what he believes is not in dispute, he believes what he wants - but the facts now very clearly say that he made a mistake.

Do you for one second believe that 'monkey chants from more than one person' actually happened? does anyone with the slightest objectivity still believe that?

To be fair it looks better if we say there was a thorough investigation and no one was racist at all rather than finding an actual culprit.
Agreed.But sections of the media won't believe a thorough investigation was done as we didn't find someone.
I await another article about how players complaints aren't being taken seriously because Spurs didn't found a culprit,or any evidence of one.

Completely disagree. It doesn't matter how it looks. Its not a matter of PR management its a matter of truth. If we did find racists I would be delighted if they were charged. Last thing id want is a cover up. Cover ups have a way of unravelling then its not the original sin but the act of lying that undoes an institution. Imagine now if camera footage came to light proving rudiger claim. It would be a disaster.

The club are not backing his claim, just his right to have made it ... the club refute his claim 100%

All the evidence and just basic common sense tells you he made a mistake - what he believes is not in dispute, he believes what he wants - but the facts now very clearly say that he made a mistake.

Do you for one second believe that 'monkey chants from more than one person' actually happened? does anyone with the slightest objectivity still believe that?
No they don't.

"We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action."

As I said I believe he made a mistake but it didn't happen to me it happened to him and obviously it sounded very real to him.

Take the club line on this one, rather than insisting he man up.

Oliver Holt supported Evra after the evidence came in.
But he’s quick to imply an incident happened at WHL despite the police finding no evidence and closing the case.

I don’t remember him, or many others ranting about the T-shirt’s
There's a reason we all remember the t-shirts. Everybody ranted about it, other than Liverpool fans and the club.

Oliver Holt is sticking to his guns in a losing argument in the same way you do every single day on this forum. Think how annoyed you are with him, and then you'll understand how we all feel when you destroy another thread by refusing to let some shit go.

Completely disagree. It doesn't matter how it looks. Its not a matter of PR management its a matter of truth. If we did find racists I would be delighted if they were charged. Last thing id want is a cover up. Cover ups have a way of unravelling then its not the original sin but the act of lying that undoes an institution. Imagine now if camera footage came to light proving rudiger claim. It would be a disaster.
Second thoughts, you are probably righter than me.

Well first of all I didn't accuse the fans of anything, my view is that Rudiger misheard the chant, my 'campaign' was just to say he was genuine about what he thought he heard and he had the right to make that allegation.

The club statement backs this up.

"We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took "

The club statement clears the fans AND Rudiger of any wrong doing.

"However there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action."

Views like yours calling him a cunt, saying he lied, talking about 'race card' and booing him all time, make us look extraordinarily bad and intolerant and goes against the club statement which was on point.

I'm definitely certain if fans follow your lead, one or a handful of idiots will step over the line and will racially abuse him for real.

The only person I think lied and didn't follow the correct protocol was ironically a spurs supporter.
He went on twitter to announce he heard it before telling the club or the police and only put forward the complaint when prompted.

the club made the statement about Rudiger because it was the right thing for THEM to do.
I bet deep down the person who wrote it feels like me and thousands of others.
for me to say it makes no impact and I’m happy for anyone to know my feelings.

For the club to say it is not right and would impact in a lot of things and open a can of worms.

I could actually see him getting booed and people shout theYid term because there was a bit of a ruckus going on, as has always been the case. So I was confident I was right all along and that’s why I stuck to my story and didn’t give a shit who read my opinion.

However, the media clearly reacted in the way they did because this was the first time (to the best of my knowledge) that the protocol had been followed in a match in the UK, at least certainly in the top flight, and so was always going to draw a crazy amount of attention after what occured in Sofia when England played Bulgaria.

The issue, IMO, isn't the fact that the media reported the story - it was the fact that they reported "racist chanting" as fact. They went beyond the established facts and into a sensationalist narrative which misled the public.

As we saw in the General Election, there are no effective controls on the media any more.

No they don't.

"We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action."

As I said I believe he made a mistake but it didn't happen to me it happened to him and obviously it sounded very real to him.

Take the club line on this one, rather than insisting he man up.
Your grasp of English gone wrong? ... the club are clearly saying no further action ... thus they are rejecting the charges as unproven. They are not saying true or false, but as stated both they and the police have now rejected them as unproven.

Simple question do you believe that more than one Spurs fan made monkey chants at Rudiger?

Back
Top Bottom