Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a reason we all remember the t-shirts. Everybody ranted about it, other than Liverpool fans and the club.

Oliver Holt is sticking to his guns in a losing argument in the same way you do every single day on this forum. Think how annoyed you are with him, and then you'll understand how we all feel when you destroy another thread by refusing to let some shit go.

I didn’t say we forgot the t shirts.
I said I don’t remember Holt writing an article about it.

Maybe you can post one so I don’t have to annoy you later by making you look silly. Like when you though Eriksen was irreplaceable.

I hate the “just because there’s no evidence it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen” rhetoric in this argument. There are cameras everywhere in the stadium, lots of supposed witnesses have been spoken to, professional lip readers have been used.

This whole saga has been guilty until proven innocent and even when proven innocent we’re going to imply it still happened anyway.

I hate the “just because there’s no evidence it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen” rhetoric in this argument. There are cameras everywhere in the stadium, lots of supposed witnesses have been spoken to, professional lip readers have been used.

This whole saga has been guilty until proven innocent and even when proven innocent we’re going to imply it still happened anyway.

100% this.

the club made the statement about Rudiger because it was the right thing for THEM to do.
I bet deep down the person who wrote it feels like me and thousands of others.
for me to say it makes no impact and I’m happy for anyone to know my feelings.

For the club to say it is not right and would impact in a lot of things and open a can of worms.

I could actually see him getting booed and people shout theYid term because there was a bit of a ruckus going on, as has always been the case. So I was confident I was right all along and that’s why I stuck to my story and didn’t give a shit who read my opinion.
I hope not. I'm taking the response as genuine, if it was found that the person who wrote it thinks as you do, it would be extremely damaging to the club, you even realize this yourself.

Some people are so closed-minded and determined that they have to take a view on either extreme of the argument.

FFS, it actually is possible that he believed that he heard something, and that it didn't actually happen. Not one of us on here can categorically say that Rudiger didn't hear anything, or that it isn't possible that a comment or a chant could have sounded like a racial slur to somebody not familiar with Spurs chants and who speaks English as a second (maybe even third?) language.

It's massively unfortunate that this situation has happened, and frustrating as fuck that the club's name has been dragged through the mud. However, the media clearly reacted in the way they did because this was the first time (to the best of my knowledge) that the protocol had been followed in a match in the UK, at least certainly in the top flight, and so was always going to draw a crazy amount of attention after what occured in Sofia when England played Bulgaria. It's got fuck all to do with it being Spurs. The shitstorm would've happened if it had been at Woolwich, Norwich, Everton or wherever. And I find it hard to believe that there would be as much concern from a lot on here if that were the case.

Usually I'd tend to agree with you that this was probably an honest mistake and he has simply misheard.

But he has previous of unfounded allegations at Roma. After they investigated that they found nothing either.

I'm not saying he hadn't previously suffered from abuse in Serie A, because I believe the likelihood is that he did.

The thing is though if you suffer some kind of abuse somewhere you can't then just equate everything you experience from that point on to be racial abuse and play the race card endlessly, it doesn't work like that.

Our fanbase got absolutely panned for this with zero evidence. That's the injustice here.

He needs to be 100% sure when levelling these kind of accusations.

Not just hearing something that could be vaguely interpreted as monkey noises and jumping to conclusions based off of previous experience.

He doesn't escape any blame here.

It would be nice given the lack of evidence if he came out and said that perhaps he misheard/misinterpreted some other chant, I'd have a lot of respect if he did that, and it would clear our clubs name.

Your grasp of English gone wrong? ... the club are clearly saying no further action ... thus they are rejecting the charges as unproven. They are not saying true or false, but as stated both they and the police have now rejected them as unproven.

Simple question do you believe that more than one Spurs fan made monkey chants at Rudiger?
They don't refute it 100% as you claim.

Why are you asking me this? My position has been made clear many times. I don't believe ANY fans made monkey chants, I believe he misheard but I support his right to report it.

Its just another Social justice witch hunt, by the same people who brought you the last social justice witch hunt.
If these mobs could lynch the nearest innocent bystander in the name of their new religion they would.
Make no mistake.
They love to casually wreck lives in the name of all that is "progressive"
People are literally losing jobs and livelihoods based off something they said in a tweet 10 years ago, worlds gone mad.

Usually I'd tend to agree with you that this was probably an honest mistake and he has simply misheard.

But he has previous of unfounded allegations at Roma. After they investigated that they found nothing either.

I'm not saying he hadn't previously suffered from abuse in Serie A, because I believe the likelihood is that he did.

The thing is though if you suffer some kind of abuse somewhere you can't then just equate everything you experience from that point on to be racial abuse and play the race card endlessly, it doesn't work like that.

Our fanbase got absolutely panned for this with zero evidence. That's the injustice here.

He needs to be 100% sure when levelling these kind of accusations.

Not just hearing something that could be vaguely interpreted as monkey noises and jumping to conclusions based off of previous experience.

He doesn't escape any blame here.

It would be nice given the lack of evidence if he came out and said that perhaps he misheard/misinterpreted some other chant, I'd have a lot of respect if he did that, and it would clear our clubs name.
He hasn't done that and again at Roma he was not shown to be lying, you talk about zero evidence and our fanbase being panned for it but the same fanbase has accused him of lying about this without evidence. Somewhat hypocritical..

Its just another Social justice witch hunt, by the same people who brought you the last social justice witch hunt.
If these mobs could lynch the nearest innocent bystander in the name of their new religion they would.
Make no mistake.
They love to casually wreck lives in the name of all that is "progressive"
People are literally losing jobs and livelihoods based off something they said in a tweet 10 years ago, worlds gone mad.
It comes from the club, so take it up with them.

So you are saying the club isn't being honest with their response? They are lying?

The club is saying what it needs to say too escape any criticism from the media and the greater footballing world.
Even if they believed that given the lack of evidence this was probably Rudiger making this up they wouldn't say that.

The club is saying what it needs to say too escape any criticism from the media and the greater footballing world.
Even if they believed that given the lack of evidence this was probably Rudiger making this up they wouldn't say that.
So in other words they are lying and are so weak that they couldn't come forward truth if they found Rudiger to be lying.

I don't believe you're right but what about the police are they lying or covering up too?

Back
Top Bottom