Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mason picked the same team as last week clearly thinking he struck gold. This team are good enough to win games but have been so poorly coached. That's not on mason but he isn't the guy that can come in and change the style, methods and mentality. He's only 29, he probably can't even cook a meal yet

No negative feeling toward Mason for me. Serious issues to be sorted out in the club and in that squad

The defence is a disgrace, the quality of player, the temperment, coaching over the last few years. A mess, our midfield issues both stem from and exacerbate this. Very unfair to expect Mason to come in and fix it when any coach would struggle.

Serious work to be done this summer. Hopefully they can put together some semblance of a forward-thinking plan. A minimum of two very good defensive starters required.

Mason picked the same team as last week clearly thinking he struck gold. This team are good enough to win games but have been so poorly coached. That's not on mason but he isn't the guy that can come in and change the style, methods and mentality. He's only 29, he probably can't even cook a meal yet

It's all adding up...

Eh7A-JaWoAAwfw0.jpg

Don't feel sorry for the millionaire Ryan Mason
he is not yet up to being a first team manager
the question has to be why did he take it ?
he should have said no to Levy,

Because he loves the club, and there is nothing to lose for him. I don't blame him at all, it'll be interesting to see if he chooses to go into management after this with a lower league club or go back to coaching the youth squad.

I love the club, but i've not been asked to manage it
I do blame him, He is out of his depth he must have know he's not ready for this job, so why take it
he doesn't need the money
he should have said NO

I do blame him, He is out of his depth he must have know he's not ready for this job, so why take it
he should have said NO
Why the heck would he say no?

People try to downplay Leeds lower profile players but our current squad is definitely not capable of playing football like they do if that's what you're asking.

We are full of technically incompetent players who could only dream of playing high octane one touch football - see Dele, Lucas, Son etc

Couple that with a much weaker engine across the team. Ndombele blowing out his arse after 10 mins, Lo Celso always fades too. Kane ambling about on broken ankles, Bale with one foot in the retirement home.

We have no playstyle and no identity as a squad. So much of the modern game is about the high press and fitness and I think we have been left behind in this respect.
I get that: but I was responding to another poster claiming the squad was really poor. Player-for-player we are as good or better than Leeds in most - if not all - positions. However, Mason and Jose rely on allowing the outstanding players to do the heavy lifting, not the whole squad working as a unit. For me, that’s where it falls apart.

I agree entirely about the ‘engine’ - it’s been the case since Dembele / Dier / Wanyama (but mainly Dembele) vacated the middle of the park. We don’t have the legs to cover it, or a player with enough technical skill to control that space.

A better system, smooth out some of the peaks and troughs in the squad and we’ll be fine.

I’m not putting down Leeds, but that was one game where a better manager would out-think them, making better use of the quality players we do have and reducing the impact of their tactics. They clearly tired second half, and - had we covered the wings with any actual effort - most of their threat would have been nullified. It’s no surprise that we beat them comfortably earlier in the season but lost yesterday.

he should have said NO

He's won 2 out of his 3 league matches, he is only here while we look for a permanent manager.

He has exactly 0% chance of getting the job so no point getting upset about him. No manager could come in do much better in 2 weeks. It will take months of work on the training pitch and several signings for us to start moving forward.

The team being unfit isn't Masons fault. Its going to take more than 3 weeks to sort that out. The shite players we've bought in the last 5 years isn't Masons fault.

Clearly its way too soon for him and he's making mistakes but he obviously thought he was helping out when the club was in need. Blame Levy for the overall mess. Blame Mourinho for having supposed top level athletes looking as fit as a pub side.

I get that: but I was responding to another poster claiming the squad was really poor. Player-for-player we are as good or better than Leeds in most - if not all - positions. However, Mason and Jose rely on allowing the outstanding players to do the heavy lifting, not the whole squad working as a unit. For me, that’s where it falls apart.

I agree entirely about the ‘engine’ - it’s been the case since Dembele / Dier / Wanyama (but mainly Dembele) vacated the middle of the park. We don’t have the legs to cover it, or a player with enough technical skill to control that space.

A better system, smooth out some of the peaks and troughs in the squad and we’ll be fine.

I’m not putting down Leeds, but that was one game where a better manager would out-think them, making better use of the quality players we do have and reducing the impact of their tactics. They clearly tired second half, and - had we covered the wings with any actual effort - most of their threat would have been nullified. It’s no surprise that we beat them comfortably earlier in the season but lost yesterday.
It goes back to the same reason we lose game after game Heart and Desire it doesn't matter how good the player is if you lack these very important aspects you will lose more than you win.
We have very few players in our squad that hate losing games they just don't give a fuck.

That’s easy for us/ you to say but situations like that have arisen for years regards especially players/managers it seems they can’t wait to get that “big” and that’s the problem it is big too big Moyes should never have been considered for United, Fat Frank though hilarious no where near capable of the Chelsea job fast forward a year or so Gerrard shoe in at Liverpool..... disaster waiting to happen! Mason isn’t up to our job for no other reason than the squad is done past it’s best and we need someone with experience in building a squad with a vision on how to play a certain way proven way that works and we’re kidding ourselves if you think that’s going to happen next season cos it ain’t we again are going to have to sit it out with squad that’s going to have to mature that’s 3 seasons minimum.

Ndontcarebele fell over, bottled challenges and made piss poor passes. He stank.
If that was an audition-don't call us, we'll call you.
"Ndontcarebele", Harry "wanks", "Fatberg"......what's with the awful nicknames? :roseunsure:

I admit, the couple that did made me laugh were Eric "Dire" and "Lo so so" ....the latter I saw in the match thread yesterday.

Players need motivating, understanding and to be coached.

Anyone who thought Mason could do (in a short time or ever) all that Mourinho and latterly Pochettino could not do is living in cloud cuckoo land.

No criticism of him other than hopefully he is benefiting from this experience.

Back
Top Bottom