Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely feels like the subs and selections today are true to his allegiances within the club rather than the players' abilities. A real shame as I like the bloke and wish him every success.

I am not defending his decisions today but there is no need for the nasty insults about a man who came to the club at 8 years old. It doesn't sit right with me.
What the fuck has the age he came to the club got to do with anything? That's the same bullshit used to defend Winks. I bet it wasn't him who at 8 years old decided to join Spurs either.

It means fuck all.

What the fuck has the age he came to the club got to do with anything? That's the same bullshit used to defend Winks. I bet it wasn't him who at 8 years old decided to join Spurs either.

It means fuck all.
Why do you care? I am not defending him. You have every right to call him whatever you want. I think it is pathetic to call him a conference-level player because of today. Obviously, you disagree. In terms of turning to personal insults, it does mean something. If Steve Bruce was appointed this week, I would understand the personal shit but insulting a proper Spurs lad after two games, I don't understand it, maybe you do.

He was probably expecting a super performance by Winks. How often do you see a player come in from the cold after a manager leaves and put in great performances to show the old boss they were wrong.
Unfortunately, Winks isn't even capable of that.
It was right to boot out Jose but in fairness he had identified many squad players that weren't good enough. They should have been sold already

Why do you care? I am not defending him. You have every right to call him whatever you want. I think it is pathetic to call him a conference-level player because of today. Obviously, you disagree. In terms of turning to personal insults, it does mean something. If Steve Bruce was appointed this week, I would understand the personal shit but insulting a proper Spurs lad. after two games. I don't understand it, maybe you do.
That's someone's opinion of him as a footballer. Not written in stone. I haven't commented on his playing career, it's not relevant to today. I think he got the formation and tactics totally wrong and the subs were atrocious. Not going to hide from saying that because he joined the club at 8 years old. Neither should anyone else.

This business of being proper Spurs lads shouldn't make you less immune to criticism than other players or that's just ridiculous bias. Which BTW doesn't exist at other big clubs where homegrown players and talent are usually held to a higher standard than others. Some people think the opposite should apply here.

I also think he shouldn't have been put in the position he's in but we all know that's not on him. Still doesn't insulate him from criticism of the team and tactics today which were abysmal.

That's someone's opinion of him as a footballer. Not written in stone. I haven't commented on his playing career, it's not relevant to today. I think he got the formation and tactics totally wrong and the subs were atrocious. Not going to hide from saying that because he joined the club at 8 years old. Neither should anyone else.

This business of being proper Spurs lads shouldn't make you less immune to criticism than other players or that's just ridiculous bias. Which BTW doesn't exist at other big clubs where homegrown players and talent are usually held to a higher standard than others. Some people think the opposite should apply here.

I also think he shouldn't have been put in the position he's in but we all know that's not on him. Still doesn't insulate him from criticism of the team and tactics today which were abysmal.
You have missed my point. As I have said repeatedly, I am not defending him or his decisions. My own personal opinion before this game, which I have written on here, was that he should not be manager next season even if we win every game (unless he gets us playing incredible football). I am responding to a poster who called him a "conference level player", that is all. Many others have called him a wanker as well. That stuff doesn't sit right with me especially as he is a spurs lad. I don't think him being here since he was 8 should make him immune to criticism nor do I think it should make anyone shy away from doing that.

Edit: And btw people can call him what they want but I can criticise them for it.

I found the Sky Sports stat after 30mins comparing Pep Guardiola's record to Ryan Mason one of the most pointless things I've ever seen.

Was it a 15 year old who was doing his weekend job coming up with that one?

Back
Top Bottom