Saido Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be wearing a Spurs shirt this season?

• Yes

Votes: 109 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 46.0%

• Total voters
He'll be a Spurs player by the end of the window. I've not been in any doubt. I'd be shocked if it's anywhere else as well as disappointed as we should have sewed this up weeks ago.

Nobody expects Kane to score 21 league goals again this season , so why does everyone expect Berahino to score another 14.
He scored 14 league goals last season, 4 of them penalties.
So, really he's not a proven PL goalscorer. Chadli scored 11 league goals last season & Eriksen scored 10. They are not considered strikers.
Yes, he may bring much needed goals/pace to the side, but to say he's worth £25m because he scored 14 goals in his first real season is bollocks.
Lamela scored 15 for Roma before he came here.
The trouble with our side is we have no goals in us. What I mean by that we have very few comfortable in front of goal. Everyone says 'all it takes is for Kane to get injured, we need another striker' when what we need is more players who like to score goals.
Eriksen and Chadli are the only other players in our squad capable of scoring goals.
Of course Berahino may make a difference. Yet he ain't worth £25m+. More interestingly only 3 of his 14 goals came in away games. Kane scored 12 away from home and 9 at home.
Berahino also played in 38 games to get those 14 goals. He played 33 to get 5 the season before.
So, really he will have to play every league game to reach, or better, those figures.
Then do we sacrifice either of the only other 2 scoring midfielders to accommodate him? I suppose he could play on the right an we can play all 3 of our goalscorers. Then if we play him on the right he will offer very little defensively in terms of covering the full back. Less than Chadli does.
Yet it kind of defeats the object getting 'cover' for Kane and playing them both at once.

Last edited:
He'll be a Spurs player by the end of the window. I've not been in any doubt. I'd be shocked if it's anywhere else as well as disappointed as we should have sewed this up weeks ago.

The problem is, if the Baggies stipulate that he doesn't go until they have finished their business, we have to wait if we really want him. To be fair, it isn't a too dissimilar situation to us selling Bale, you may have to concede to selling your best player but you do it on your terms!

All that's nailed on is that if he comes to us, he'll suffer 2nd season syndrome, and be as useless as Chris Armstrong & Gregorz Rasiak's love child... and we'll be cursing Levy for blowing 25million on another young dud...
If he goes to either of the Manchester brothers... he'll turn into the new Neymar, and we'll be cursing what got away!

Eriksen on the centre or left, Chadli/N'Jie on the right and Berahino and Kane upfront. A 4-2-4 variant. Lamela to play with the under 18s.

Nobody expects Kane to score 21 league goals again this season , so why does everyone expect Berahino to score another 14.
He scored 14 league goals last season, 4 of them penalties.
So, really he's not a proven PL goalscorer. Chadli scored 11 league goals last season & Eriksen scored 10. They are not considered strikers.
Yes, he may bring much needed goals/pace to the side, but to say he's worth £25m because he scored 14 goals in his first real season is bollocks.
Lamela scored 15 for Roma before he came here.
The trouble with our side is we have no goals in us. What I mean by that we have very few comfortable in front of goal. Everyone says 'all it takes is for Kane to get injured, we need another striker' when what we need is more players who like to score goals.
Eriksen and Chadli are the only other players in our squad capable of scoring goals.
Of course Berahino may make a difference. Yet he ain't worth £25m+. More interestingly only 3 of his 14 goals came in away games. Kane scored 12 away from home and 9 at home.
Berahino also played in 38 games to get those 14 goals. He played 33 to get 5 the season before.
So, really he will have to play every league game to reach, or better, those figures.
Then do we sacrifice either of the only other 2 scoring midfielders to accommodate him? I suppose he could play on the right an we can play all 3 of our goalscorers. Then if we play him on the right he will offer very little defensively in terms of covering the full back. Less than Chadli does.
Yet it kind of defeats the object getting 'cover' for Kane and playing them both at once.

Yeah, lets be sure and get Aguero or Costa

Back
Top Bottom