Saido Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be wearing a Spurs shirt this season?

• Yes

Votes: 109 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 46.0%

• Total voters
From the way Pulis has spoken, and Saido's reaction maybe promises were broken? In which case can you blame him?

Other players have done similar things. Berbatov going on strike and not training properly. Modric coming out and saying he wants to go to chavs. Bale not turning up for training. Seems like Saido is a bigger target cos he's what everyone hates, a rich young black male. Yeah I said it. Not saying that's why everyone who dislikes his conduct does dislike him, but it explains the different treatment.

People always say players who kick up a fuss will do it again, but how many times has that ever happened? And so what? If he becomes a world class striker, at least we would have got good use out of him and good money.

The guy has scored 19 in 72 appearances for West Brom.

He isn't even that good.

Don't get me wrong, I would have been happy with his signing, but the whole fiasco over someone who is currently average is laughable.

£25-30 million... A joke for someone of his ability when you consider Son cost and how much more developed he is.

It's like comparing gold to glitter. .

209874_1.jpg
188774_1.jpg

Eh??? Comparing that seedy bearded cunt to arguably the King of Glam Rock is bad taste at best, and at worst, is just plain obscene! ...shame on you!

(Though admittedly, there is a passing resemblance!!)

Last edited:
I actually thought for the first half Saturday we looked very dangerous going forward with Kane and Chadli swapping places. Chadli was often times the furthest man forward, I imagine the same setup if/when we get Berahino. Actually the trio of Kane, Chadli and Berahino could provide a lot of goals and exciting attacking play so of course it won't happen.

Eriksen to me is the player closest to losing his spot. He isn't doing enough in that advanced role at the moment.
I thought Eriksen was quite dangerous on Saturday. Felt he linked up well.

Where can't Berahino play?

Inside forward on the left. Attacking midfielder behind Kane, or vice versa. A winger on the right. Up top on his own, or with Kane. 4 different positions..

Like which ones? I bet I could name a few more that are far worse.

Just to confirm by our I meant our league's not Levy alone.

Kroos to Madrid for £22m

Alba to Barca for £11m

Mandzukic to Juve for £13m

J.Martinez to Athletico for £24m

Then there's transfers like the Illaremendi deal to Sociedad which will work out around £12m.

The Alba one was a few years back but had always stood out that there was a World Cup winning full back going for £20m less than Luke Shaw.

All the above fees were for established, champions league winners, World Cup winners or world class footballers.

The £25 talked about for Berahino, the £49m for Sterling, Pardew claiming Bolasie is worth £40m! It's a total joke.

Looks like we will be signing 'Son' for cheaper than the Berahino fee. That's for a player whose played for his country, scored 40+ goals for his club in 3 seasons and played champions league football.

I'm all for signing the players Poch wants but only for the right price

taking pride in the club retaining a positive net spend is nonsense for three reasons
1) Its not the 1980s anymore. The game has evolved due to money and therefore revolves around spending it
2) Its not your money
3) Two points from three fucking games

Berahino walks into Daniel Levys office after weeks of negotiation, Levy has finally agreed to pay the price to get his star man, the ever youthful Saido Berahino.

Having passed his medical and West Brom having agreed a fee all now is left is to sign the contract and Berahino is officially a Spurs player. Daniel picks up his tea and takes a sip, it's luke warm but just about drinkable, Daniel never wastes a tea bag, it goes against all his principles.

After a pause Levy pulls a pen out of his draw, a pen that can only be bought after saving Spurs 50K on previous transfers, gold plated with a wonderful tip, the type of pen you could write a will with. He hands the pen with care and affection to Saido.

Saido brims with happiness as he finally knows now he can leave that fortress of mediocrity West Brom. He lifts the pen up and looks kindly at his new contract, written on only the cheapest paper, the kind of paper that would chaffe your arse if you took a shit and had nothing else to use.

A strange sound beeps from Saido's pocket, it's his phone playing Price tag by Jesse J, with the sounds of 'it's not about the money, money, money', Saido takes the call. It's Van Gaal and he simply says 'hi' but with a mixture of excitement an nervousness.

'What are you doing now' asks Van Gaal, Berahino in all honesty answers 'signing a contract for Spurs'. Van Gaal proceeds too inquire 'what are they offering you', Saido responds '60k'.

Van Gaal laughs out loud in the way only a Dutch twat can 'is that it, we can offer you 100k'. Saido pauses, he pauses, you know he's thinking deeply. Levy looks concerned in the corner, Saido gives a look of embrassment to Daniel, a look which signals that Sadio has done something wrong, really wrong.

Saido takes a deep breath and tells Levy that United have offered 100k, Levy with his hand is head offers an extra 10k, it's not enough. Berahino departs the room, it's over, you can hear a pin drop its so quiet. All this for nothing, back to square one.

Life goes on but we will never know what Saido could have done for Tottenham, it's a question un-answered.

Sorry yes I am being a dick for a laugh.

Last edited:
I don't personally rate Berahino. I don't feel his market value is higher than £15million. I don't think he would be worth more than 10 million if he wasn't English. So fuck paying 25 Million for him.
Is the fee coming out of your bank account? We need a striker, we should be paying what it takes to get him.

Back
Top Bottom