Saido Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be wearing a Spurs shirt this season?

• Yes

Votes: 109 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 46.0%

• Total voters
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Levy gets his way and the deal goes through at less than the reported £25m. As time ticks WBA face having an unhappy player on their hands. This is pure deadline day
He's not for sale, not even worth discussing ... unless we offer a bit more.
As Lukeyn17 says, an unhappy player needs to move on? He was showing disappointment at the end of last season at the Pulis appointment. I feel he has his price and WBA will sell. Just hope its us.

The trouble is, each offer is taking a few days to get accepted or refused. For the sake of a couple or 3 million we are risking ballsing the deal up..
It's gone past the " lets play hardball " stage..
I guess your right although things move quickly when it happens. When you think of the money we have spent over the years on rubbish. Fate will prevail in the end.

People need to stop comparing the two deals. Far too many factors effecting them. Release clause, age, nationality, the fact barca wanted him off the wage bill and WBA don't necessarily need to sell, wage difference, Chelsea need pedro far less than we need a striker etc etc etc

People need to stop comparing the two deals. Far too many factors effecting them. Release clause, age, nationality, the fact barca wanted him off the wage bill and WBA don't necessarily need to sell, wage difference, Chelsea need pedro far less than we need a striker etc etc etc

There both Footballers obviously the deal is going to be compared. 22Mil for him is probably double what he is worth tbh. If we have 20+million to throw at a striker theres got to be better out there than this kid?

WBA want £30m. City got Aguero for around that price :avbfacepalm:

Personally I wouldn't go above £25m, and even that far too much to be honest.

We must be able to get a quality player out on the continent for that sort of cash. Who's that lad who scored on his debut for Villareal last week? ... Saldardo ? He looked handy...

For real though, that is huge huge money. You can buy established, even world class players for that sort of money.

Is he? He's much more of a gamble, that's for sure. He's only played 20-odd games for Porto. Extremely unproven is you ask me.
I don't think so, he scored 16 league goals for Lorient in France and didn't have much game time last year because of Jackson Martinez.This year he is the starter for Porto.

I don't think so, he scored 16 league goals for Lorient in France and didn't have much game time last year because of Jackson Martinez.This year he is the starter for Porto.

I think you've defended my point. He has scored goals in France and Portugal. No amount of YouTube videos are going to convince me that means he isn't a gamble for the Premier League. Completely different levels of quality and playing style. I watch a lot of Ligue 1 and the standards are pretty questionable at times. As for the Portuguese League, had it on BT Sport this season and fuck me are most of those teams utter dross.

Sorry, but he's more of a gamble than Berahino. By a mile. And knowing Porto, they probably have a hefty release clause on his head too.

Back
Top Bottom