Saido Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be wearing a Spurs shirt this season?

• Yes

Votes: 109 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 46.0%

• Total voters
If we sign him I can't help but think eventually Poch will let him and Kane play together. He's a goalscorer, don't sling him out to right mid
I think it'll be on the contrary to be honest, the amount Kane is coming deep to get the ball could signify two things; either we need better transition as he shouldn't be coming back, or, he's training for the deeper No. 10 role for Berahino to play up top.

I think it'll be on the contrary to be honest, the amount Kane is coming deep to get the ball could signify two things; either we need better transition as he shouldn't be coming back, or, he's training for the deeper No. 10 role for Berahino to play up top.

Kane's more than got the ability to play there, but when someone has a 31 goal season, he's gotta stay as a striker. Also, the you have the problem of moving Eriksen around and fitting in Chadli to it all.

Look, I know that all the players won't be available all the time so the perfect 11 argument isn't valid. I just think these 2 would work so well both up top side by side.

Kane's more than got the ability to play there, but when someone has a 31 goal season, he's gotta stay as a striker. Also, the you have the problem of moving Eriksen around and fitting in Chadli to it all.

Look, I know that all the players won't be available all the time so the perfect 11 argument isn't valid. I just think these 2 would work so well both up top side by side.

Would be nice to see some flexibility and different options for different games. Still think we are too predictable.

I actually thought for the first half Saturday we looked very dangerous going forward with Kane and Chadli swapping places. Chadli was often times the furthest man forward, I imagine the same setup if/when we get Berahino. Actually the trio of Kane, Chadli and Berahino could provide a lot of goals and exciting attacking play so of course it won't happen.

Eriksen to me is the player closest to losing his spot. He isn't doing enough in that advanced role at the moment.

I actually thought for the first half Saturday we looked very dangerous going forward with Kane and Chadli swapping places. Chadli was often times the furthest man forward, I imagine the same setup if/when we get Berahino. Actually the trio of Kane, Chadli and Berahino could provide a lot of goals and exciting attacking play so of course it won't happen.

Eriksen to me is the player closest to losing his spot. He isn't doing enough in that advanced role at the moment.
I thought Eriksen was quite dangerous on Saturday. Felt he linked up well.

Kane actually started out as a number 10 but I think as mentioned number 9 is best for him, well best for us.

I thought Eriksen was quite dangerous on Saturday. Felt he linked up well.
He was very good at the start but I thought he faded out of the match (as has been a trend imo). I would actually like to see him play in the middle of the park again. Not sure why we have our most creative midfielder moved out on the wing.

He was very good at the start but I thought he faded out of the match (as has been a trend imo). I would actually like to see him play in the middle of the park again. Not sure why we have our most creative midfielder moved out on the wing.
Eriksen can fade, but he is also probably our only consistent match winner late on. He has the ability to score from nothing, therefore I'd always persist with him.

He's out wide due to lack of options. Simple as that.

We have a decent side and lots of options, its going to be difficult for Kane to revisit last seasons brilliant effort which Spurred us on.
Berahino is a very good player and may give us that energy, spark that Kane successfully gave last season and injected life into us - SB could do the same. Lets just hope, if he arrives he keeps his ego in his boots and not allow the whole affair to change him for the worse. I rate him so high, he could make the difference. He is a player at the cusp of being top draw. I hope we get him, I've wanted him for a couple of years now.
He has to leave because would you want to play for Pulis - as we all know, his football is the equivalent of pulling teeth.?

£15m is nowhere near enough. I have my concerns about his temperament off the field, but he's a young & very promising player. Citeh paid £49m for Sterling. Bin Dippers £32m for Benteke. Anything under £20m & I don't think WBA will even listen. & we will keep pissing about until someone slaps in a bid that is accepted & he's whipped from under our nose. If they do accept less than £20m & we get him, it will just prove why Levy is the chairman of THFC & why I will never be the chairman of anything.

£15m is nowhere near enough. I have my concerns about his temperament off the field, but he's a young & very promising player. Citeh paid £49m for Sterling. Bin Dippers £32m for Benteke. Anything under £20m & I don't think WBA will even listen. & we will keep pissing about until someone slaps in a bid that is accepted & he's whipped from under our nose. If they do accept less than £20m & we get him, it will just prove why Levy is the chairman of THFC & why I will never be the chairman of anything.

Agree don't understand why people are saying no more than £20 million. Young, proven prem, top talent in a needed position, we would sell him for £30-40 million min if he was ours. I can fully understands West Bron wanting the full £25 million, by today's market prices he is worth it. This is not 2005.

Back
Top Bottom