Saido Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be wearing a Spurs shirt this season?

• Yes

Votes: 109 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 46.0%

• Total voters
Berahino walks into Daniel Levys office after weeks of negotiation, Levy has finally agreed to pay the price to get his star man, the ever youthful Saido Berahino.

Having passed his medical and West Brom having agreed a fee all now is left is to sign the contract and Berahino is officially a Spurs player. Daniel picks up his tea and takes a sip, it's luke warm but just about drinkable, Daniel never wastes a tea bag, it goes against all his principles.

After a pause Levy pulls a pen out of his draw, a pen that can only be bought after saving Spurs 50K on previous transfers, gold plated with a wonderful tip, the type of pen you could write a will with. He hands the pen with care and affection to Saido.

Saido brims with happiness as he finally knows now he can leave that fortress of mediocrity West Brom. He lifts the pen up and looks kindly at his new contract, written on only the cheapest paper, the kind of paper that would chaffe your arse if you took a shit and had nothing else to use.

A strange sound beeps from Saido's pocket, it's his phone playing Price tag by Jesse J, with the sounds of 'it's not about the money, money, money', Saido takes the call. It's Van Gaal and he simply says 'hi' but with a mixture of excitement an nervousness.

'What are you doing now' asks Van Gaal, Berahino in all honesty answers 'signing a contract for Spurs'. Van Gaal proceeds too inquire 'what are they offering you', Saido responds '60k'.

Van Gaal laughs out loud in the way only a Dutch twat can 'is that it, we can offer you 100k'. Saido pauses, he pauses, you know he's thinking deeply. Levy looks concerned in the corner, Saido gives a look of embrassment to Daniel, a look which signals that Sadio has done something wrong, really wrong.

Saido takes a deep breath and tells Levy that United have offered 100k, Levy with his hand is head offers an extra 10k, it's not enough. Berahino departs the room, it's over, you can hear a pin drop its so quiet. All this for nothing, back to square one.

Life goes on but we will never know what Saido could have done for Tottenham, it's a question un-answered.

Sorry yes I am being a dick for a laugh.

Last edited:
Saw that retweet. Who the hell is that guy?

That Paul Kramer fella is frequently on the Spurs Show podcast.
So I doubt that he's some sort of WUM. His reputation would be on the line.

And regarding him saying 'Spurs Lodge' ... imo, it was probably a slip of tongue/text instead of writing say, Hotspur Way.

Honestly, I'm not 100% sold on Berahino and if he is the striker we need, but we just need another striker and threat so badly that I praying for him to sign.

Kane and Berahino will be a very exciting partnership. They are both goal scorers. They both offer what the other doesn't.

I'd much rather see him as a striker as opposed to a right winger whose having to track back and protect Walker.

4-4-2 please

Kane and Berahino will be a very exciting partnership. They are both goal scorers. They both offer what the other doesn't.

I'd much rather see him as a striker as opposed to a right winger whose having to track back and protect Walker.

4-4-2 please

Where do we play Eriksen and Chadli then? Our 2nd and 3rd best goal scorers and arguably among our top players overall (Eriksen at least, Chadli is okay). Can't play Eriksen as a LM or RM, that's too deep down the pitch and he's pretty much the key to our attacking play.

Berahino would, however, give us the option to play with 2 all out strikers when needed - which would be a blessing.

Where do we play Eriksen and Chadli then? Our 2nd and 3rd best goal scorers and arguably among our top players overall (Eriksen at least, Chadli is okay). Can't play Eriksen as a LM or RM, that's too deep down the pitch and he's pretty much the key to our attacking play.

Berahino would, however, give us the option to play with 2 all out strikers when needed - which would be a blessing.

Firstly we will have injuries, rotation, suspensions and form to factor into the 'who will play where debate'

I actually think a diamond with Eriksen behind Kane and Berahino would be very creative and work in the favour of all 3 players.

As to where Chadli would play, either side of midfield maybe, but after the last 3 games I don't think there many players you have to try and fit into the side. Mainly because nobody has played well enough to warrant their place in the side barring Lloris

4-4-2 please
We have just about no midfielders for 4-4-2

4-4-2 please
Yup, agreed. Heartily fucking sick of all this 4-2-3-1 bullishit that is played by virtually every club in the league. With 4-4-2 we really need world class centre mids - box to box types. I don't think Eriksen fits. Alli alongside Bentaleb of last season might work eventually, but right now that's a horrifically inexperienced middle 2. So maybe Dembele slots in. Also need wide players who can get stuck in and also beat players and provide final balls. Maybe Rose on the left, N'Jie on the right?

Something like this:

Hugo - Davies, Toby, Jan, Walker / Trip - Rose, Bentaleb, Dembele, N'Jie - Harry, Saido.

Yup, agreed. Heartily fucking sick of all this 4-2-3-1 bullishit that is played by virtually every club in the league. With 4-4-2 we really need world class centre mids - box to box types. I don't think Eriksen fits. Alli alongside Bentaleb of last season might work eventually, but right now that's a horrifically inexperienced middle 2. So maybe Dembele slots in. Also need wide players who can get stuck in and also beat players and provide final balls. Maybe Rose on the left, N'Jie on the right?

Something like this:

Hugo - Davies, Toby, Jan, Walker / Trip - Rose, Bentaleb, Dembele, N'Jie - Harry, Saido.

Yup. And it's far from sure that Clinton is good enough to hold his own in a midfield 4.

Someone like Eriksen will be no use to us either and so will many of our best from the youth batches like Onomah, Pritchard and Wins.

Back
Top Bottom