Saints v SPURS (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know whether I approve of AVB's "sit back and protect the lead" reasoning or not. It doesn't strike me as the Spurs way of playing, a way that he said he would look to continue this season. The Livermore sub was clearly for that purpose and Dawson coming on wasn't just time wasting.

I personally would've liked to have seen Falqué coming on instead and us going for the third goal.

ROFL @ radio commentary talking about AVB telling the players to throw their shirts into the crowd and then a close up tv shot of 2 yids fighting over Brad's shirt and then one of them handing over cash for it.

:avblol:

ROFL @ radio commentary talking about AVB telling the players to throw their shirts into the crowd and then a close up tv shot of 2 yids fighting over Brad's shirt and then one of them handing over cash for it.

might be his 'farewell' shirt. cheers for helping out brad but times time.

That was a seriously shit 2nd half.

The only thing you could say is the midweek games are sapping our energy a bit.

I think more importantly we are truly missing a class midfielder now Dembele is out and I for one seriously hope we manage to get someone else to call on, we cant rely on Dembele and as much as I hate to slag a genuine Spurs boy - Livermore just isnt up to top 4 level imo.

On the upside, we have won all our away games since Newcastle! How times change!

The only thing you could say is the midweek games are sapping our energy a bit.
Most players from the past will tell you that the notion of players getting tired from two games a week is bollocks. I forget who it was but I remember one player from the 70s saying that a player is more than capable of playing twice a week and, if anything, should be excited to play as often as possible. If he doesn't then there's something wrong with his hunger to play.

Is it me, or are Spurs STILL the only team who can stutter whilst coasting to a straightforward victory and struggle to a 2-1 walk-in-the-park?

...that was the easiest, most complicated, tricky stroll-like piss easy nerve-racking straightforward never-say-never win in a while!!!

so spurs!

Move on and survive type game. Not pretty, but it is points. Lads look a bit knackered in my opinion.

We're too light in the midfield. We're too light up front. Yet we've got 4 fucking goalkeepers...

We need to balance this squad out a bit so we don't have to defend our way to victory against crap like Southampton.

We're too light in the midfield. We're too light up front. Yet we've got 4 fucking goalkeepers...

We need to balance this squad out a bit so we don't have to defend our way to victory against crap like Southampton.

gomes up front ? he knows where the net is.

I didnt see the game. BBC has the stats at:

52% possession Spurs

11 shots each (6-4 Southampton)

Corners 3-2 Spurs

F365 Matchtracker made it sound like they were battering us. Cant see how.

We're too light in the midfield.
Are we though? With a fully fit Parker and Dembele, and Falqué waiting in the wings, we potentially have seven midfielders (Siggs, Sandro, Thudd and Livermore), eight if Mountinho were to sign. That's without counting Dempsey as a midfielder.

I agree about the attacking options, but I don't see that it makes much difference if AVB only ever intends to play one striker.

You still need a third striker incase of injuries and such Smoked, gambling on both strikers to stay fit is dangerous. Right now we only have one fit striker and that is hurting us when we need to change things around...

You still need a third striker incase of injuries and such Smoked, gambling on both strikers to stay fit is dangerous. Right now we only have one fit striker and that is hurting us when we need to change things around...
AVB was essentially using Dempsey as a striker today, once Defoe went off. So, in effect, we do have three. Indeed, the OS even has Dempsey down as a striker.

Back
Top Bottom