Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reserve the right to judge anybody on how they dress. Especially hipsters.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

17.jpg

Yes, point taken - perhaps we old gits (well, this old git at least) were a little harsh on one of our own youngsters.

But surely if you choose to publicise yourself in this way you are expecting (asking) people to judge you??

It's fine to think he dresses like an idiot! Just not to relate this to an attitude problem or to say he believes his own hype.

Just to clarify, I too think he dresses like an idiot.

Can see both sides but when a young player:

• Is called out by Poch as needing to knuckle down
• Gets farmed out as not making the grade
• Loan is cut short due to mentality and attitude problems

You would think it would be a wake-up call to sort yourself out. Football, more than ever before is about a player's brand and living to a clubs values, especially us – I'm ok with that.

He then follows the above with:

• Posts ridiculous videos of himself and his mates on social media
• Posts images of him with attitude online

He is 20 and not achieving much in a highly competitive industry

So to call him out, I don't see it as a witch hunt – the guy seems a few sandwiches short of a picnic to not realise, close his social accounts and start knuckling down. If he doesn't he could disappear into obscurity. He'll be more gutted of that than me but I would prefer he turned it around and lit up the league as one of our own.

It's a forum and it's where we chat about these things, hopefully nobody is hassling him directly.

It's fine to think he dresses like an idiot! Just not to relate this to an attitude problem or to say he believes his own hype.

Just to clarify, I too think he dresses like an idiot.
He's done fuck all since Poch praised him, decided he was too good to turn up to work at Norwich on time a single time during his loan there and was sacked. That's where the questions of his mentality come from- and rightly so.

He's done fuck all since Poch praised him, decided he was too good to turn up to work at Norwich on time a single time during his loan there and was sacked. That's where the questions of his mentality come from- and rightly so.
Was it WindyCOYS WindyCOYS on the pod who'd heard about Edwards going out on the lash in Norwich instead of concentrating on the job, too?

Big red flags all over the shop. Tired of it, to be quite honest. Would rather put my emotional investment into Winks.

Can see both sides but when a young player:

• Is called out by Poch as needing to knuckle down
• Gets farmed out as not making the grade
• Loan is cut short due to mentality and attitude problems

You would think it would be a wake-up call to sort yourself out. Football, more than ever before is about a player's brand and living to a clubs values, especially us – I'm ok with that.

He then follows the above with:

• Posts ridiculous videos of himself and his mates on social media
• Posts images of him with attitude online

He is 20 and not achieving much in a highly competitive industry

So to call him out, I don't see it as a witch hunt – the guy seems a few sandwiches short of a picnic to not realise, close his social accounts and start knuckling down. If he doesn't he could disappear into obscurity. He'll be more gutted of that than me but I would prefer he turned it around and lit up the league as one of our own.

It's a forum and it's where we chat about these things, hopefully nobody is hassling him directly.

Surprises me that with such a precocious talent, some of our stars such as Kane/Alli (many of whom are only 2-4 years older) haven’t put the arm around the shoulder to set him straight - both about the application on the pitch and about the public persona.
Perhaps they have and advice has been ignored but one would imagine you’d take on board what these guys say given where they’re at with their own careers.

Additionally, I’ve been frustrated that he’s not had more bench time in the last 2 years. We get 7 subs so for one to be there for experience isn’t much of a hindrance. Plus there would’ve been certain games where we’re comfortably winning and to bring on a speedy winger for the last 10 mins wouldn’t have adversely affected the team but could’ve been the difference between him ‘making’ it or not.

Hopefully the pre-season tour becomes an eye opener for him and he bunkers down and can become at least a bench player this season.

Poch is a harsh task master but he is willing to give people second chances if they work hard enough. Sissoko is proof of that so if Edwards just shows a willingness to work and learn and kind of start over I am sure he can make room for himself in the squad.

This is the point. No one knows the context. Yet have trampled all over him.

Well kindof Spursdem.

Surely the point is that he's chosen to post this photo, this is not some paparazzi stitch-up.
So he's either stupid, or this is how he wants the world (us) to see him. In which case are we not entitled to give our views on his photos of himself - a highly paid professional sportsmen dressed like a prat in a fast car, surrounded by fast food wrappers and rizlas...... Am I supposed to be impressed?

Well kindof Spursdem.

Surely the point is that he's chosen to post this photo, this is not some paparazzi stitch-up.
So he's either stupid, or this is how he wants the world (us) to see him. In which case are we not entitled to give our views on his photos of himself - a highly paid professional sportsmen dressed like a prat in a fast car, surrounded by fast food wrappers and rizlas...... Am I supposed to be impressed?
Why do you think the photo is for your benefit?

He's dressed like a prat, to you. That's the in style. Especially for young black London youth atm. Just because you don't like the way he's dresses you can attack his character?

As for surrounded. I see a single drink in a drink holder (what a cheeky bastard, daring to have a drink) some rizla, a bottle of something and what looks like an empty crisp wrapper.

So basically, what every teenager has in their car when first on the road and in the summertime.

Yet he's called a cunt, having his character questioned, told he looks stupid by old folks and assumed that all the shit they are judging in the photo are his anyway.

It's just an instagram post, it's not that deep.

For all we know he's just stunting for the gram and his mates (like everyone does on Insta) and the car is a mates. Therefore none of that stuff is his.

Attacking our own over some trivial shit. That's low to me.

Back
Top Bottom