Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still looks like a 13 year old playing in the men's league

Meh - when watching live, I barely notice it.

He's taller than Insigne for example and he's made some of the best defenders in world football look silly.

Last edited:
He's still 20, right? We know he's got talent but the doubts remain that a) he's strong enough and b) he's mature enough.

From what I have seen his strength is improving and he's got that whole low centre of gravity thing that makes him difficult to knock off the ball (and hence the previous Messi comparisons). And as for his maturity, he seems to be benefitting from good people around him.

I think he'll make it.

He's still 20, right? We know he's got talent but the doubts remain that a) he's strong enough and b) he's mature enough.

From what I have seen his strength is improving and he's got that whole low centre of gravity thing that makes him difficult to knock off the ball (and hence the previous Messi comparisons). And as for his maturity, he seems to be benefitting from good people around him.

I think he'll make it.
Agreed, hope Poch integrates him into the squad next season

I think he'll make it.
It seems to be happening the right way round at Excelsior. Started off slow, found it difficult to get into the team, has then kept his head down and taken his chances all whilst working hard for the team... hope that equals a maturing player. It certainly seems so.

I'm still convinced that he has autism or aspergers as opposed to purely being a bad apple.

Based from minimal analysis as there's not much of him out there but yeah.

Hope he makes it. Would help us a lot for many reasons.

I'm still convinced that he has autism or aspergers as opposed to purely being a bad apple.

Based from minimal analysis as there's not much of him out there but yeah.

Hope he makes it. Would help us a lot for many reasons.

Those are conditions that require extensive testing by a certified psychiatrist to be diagnosed, but you're CONVINCED he has them based on the minimal info there's out there on him...

Fuck off mate.

Wow...

Anyway I'm glad to see him performing as a team member but I'd stille be surprised to see him playing for us next year. Not because of his size but given how we've moved on I'd think we'd want more games under his belt

In the pre season squad with a view to getting him a loan to a championship club I'd imagine.

Pre-season is a pretty big summer for a few of our youngsters.

Onomah, Roles, Edwards to name but three.

Onomah was once the next big thing of our academy. Given a lot of game time under Pochettino at the age of 18 years old but then something changed and he wasn't preferred anymore, now ultimately lost his squad place to 18 year old Oliver Skipp and has been sent out on two unsuccessful loans.

Roles is 20 this month and contract runs out in the summer. Such a shame that he doesn't seem to be rated by Pochettino as he's never once travelled with the first team or been on previous pre-season tours. Goalscoring midfielders, especially from your own academy are gold dust so surprised. Hopefully he IS catching the eye with his promising performances for our reserves.

And now Edwards - rated so highly by Pochettino that his style was compared to Messi. Another one who's attitude has been called into question before and after an unsuccessful loan to Norwich last season seems to have found his feet at Excelsior in a league that promotes youth. Hopefully he is catching the eye of Pochettino and given another chance.

Poch DID say in the summer that everyone has been given a clean slate so I do hope some of these guys are given the chance to impress. Being surrounded by better players will make you look better, hide your weaknesses and above all, we all love to see a promising talent succeed.

Those are conditions that require extensive testing by a certified psychiatrist to be diagnosed, but you're CONVINCED he has them based on the minimal info there's out there on him...

Fuck off mate.

Chill out, you'll find people here commenting on footballers and they dont have their coaching badges either...

We need to get this kid back at the club next season. He's got unbelievable feet. I've watched him a few times now and opposition players can't get the ball off him. His shooting and overall final product need improving but he's been a difference maker for Excelsior and will play a big part in them staying up probably.

And he's really starting to understand the role of a team player. He tracks back and goes with his runners and makes blocks.

People talk a lot of ignorant shit about a supposed poor attitude and he's got such and such condition, when the reality is he's probably just extremely shy.

This kid could be a superstar and if we're not very careful he could end up running his contract down and tearing it up in the Bundersliga if we don't show some belief and commitment to him.

1400329074374.gif

I think he'll make it.
A big big preseason for him if Poch gives him another chance.

IIRC, WindyCOYS WindyCOYS heard rumblings of some unprofessionalism (going out to clubs, I think?) during his spell at Norwich which, as we know, was ended prematurely.

Tottenham wonderkid Marcus Edwards has attitude and mentality questioned as Norwich loan cut short

Sending him abroad to get away from potential bad influences (I mean come on, I'm sure a rich young footballer will have a few friends/hangers on encouraging him to get up to no good) and to a country where people speak great English was potentially a masterstroke by the club hierarchy.

There's also the fact that, within the next year or so, our new hyped young starlet will likely be Troy Parrott, meaning all that 'Messi with an afro' hype can be forgotten about and Edwards can just knuckle down.

Back
Top Bottom