Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to the Telegraph the loan was terminated because he did not show up to team meetings and training on time. Which was seen as disrespectful.

Jesus Marcus

I do know someone who knows Marcus Edwards quite well. This person says he is a brilliant footballer, but he knows it, and as such, is a complete arsehole.

I do know someone who knows Marcus Edwards quite well. This person says he is a brilliant footballer, but he knows it, and as such, is a complete arsehole.
Being brilliant with a ball at your feet doesn’t automatically make you a brilliant footballer, unfortunately.

I’ll be so disappointed if he turns out to be 2Saints Mk II

If he’s been ducking his shift at Norwich, I really don’t know that there’s any way back for him. I hope he’s managed to save what money he’s made, because he’s probably going to need it. The best thing that we could do, for him as a person, is probably bring him into the office and sack him. I don’t know of any way, not that I’ve seen successfully, of molding a shirker into someone of substance. Only way to fix that sort of apathy is a cold hard slap in the face by life.

If he’s been ducking his shift at Norwich, I really don’t know that there’s any way back for him. I hope he’s managed to save what money he’s made, because he’s probably going to need it. The best thing that we could do, for him as a person, is probably bring him into the office and sack him. I don’t know of any way, not that I’ve seen successfully, of molding a shirker into someone of substance. Only way to fix that sort of apathy is a cold hard slap in the face by life.
He's hardly Nile Ranger... that cunt's been given loads of chances (albeit at lower league clubs) and he's a hardened criminal if you believe some!!

Edwards wants to take a good look at Gazza's life to learn the ups and downs of being a highly rated young Pro footballer... showed all the same promise at a young age... enjoyed a brief, yet highly successful career... then it all went downhill... difference is, at no point did Gazza not enjoy the game, or wasn't the same infectious buzz in training as he was on the pitch...
In fact, it was partly due to his crazy (and self-inflicted) injury that set him on the downward spiral he went on... NOT being able to play football due to injury when you so obviously GIFTED is summit he clearly struggled with.

Edwards needs to learn lessons on both sides to learn how to love playing football... not treat it as a burden.

That say, he might enjoy some if the highs of playing.. without being fast tracked to oblivion without ever truly having made your Mark, and regretting it for ever more.

I think Poch realises he has a player here... and will nurture him accordingly.

Or else it's the lower league 'scrapheap' for him, and we'll be calling him John Bostock mk.II in years to come!

Or else it's the lower league 'scrapheap' for him, and we'll be calling him John Bostock mk.II in years to come!

John Bostock's a funny one. Apparently (well, according to Jenas on 5live, and a few others) his attitude was first-class. Loved football, trained and lived the right way, wanted to do well, had raw talent. No one's really sure why it didn't work out - perhaps being quite big for his age meant he was promoted too quickly at an early stage? Who knows.

I just can't wrap my head around how someone can have this ridiculous amount of natural talent to play FOOTBALL for a living and not find a way to motivate themselves...

The last England team to win the World Cup were born during or just before World War II, they knew what sacrifice and doing your best was

Fast forward to the myriad of entitled cunts who ruin our game, where hype is what gets you paid, just ask Pogba. Edwards just thinks big money will fall into his lap. Thankfully Poch still believes hard work gets results and rewards.

The last England team to win the World Cup were born during or just before World War II, they knew what sacrifice and doing your best was

Fast forward to the myriad of entitled cunts who ruin our game, where hype is what gets you paid, just ask Pogba. Edwards just thinks big money will fall into his lap. Thankfully Poch still believes hard work gets results and rewards.
Helps that the gaffer comes from a farming background. If any line of work knows what hard work means it is farmers/manual labourers.

(not to devalue people in non manual labour fields obviously)

Back
Top Bottom