Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my isolation boredom I’ve been watching loads of old football videos, including some quite obscure ones.

I lived in Edinburgh for a few years and, whilst I’m not a Hibs fan, this cup final win was epic for them after over 100 years without the trophy... and beating the shitbags from R*ngers is always good to see.

Lovely spicy aftermath too followed by a beautiful rendition of Sunshine On Leith.

Again, I realise that this is of little interest to anyone.

Nice touch from some Celtic fans for the 50th anniversary of the Ibrox disaster. In and amongst the mass of idiots and extremists in both fan bases, some decency remains.

AE_Celtic_08jpg-JS628406991.jpg

That bastion of fairness uefa 👍i presume that new corporate structure paid the debts off that their club owed. Sure any club can do that. Oh we owe 50 mill. We'll declare ourselves bankrupt drop down a div and build back up.
You're an angry Celtic fan. Move on, it's just a pub league and not that important.

Spurs smashing Palace later is much more important.

winning today effectively ensures them the title, but I think they mathematically win it if Celtic fail to in or they win the old firm next week.

Shame no crowd for that match! could have been cracking
The town has been fucked all weekend. Cunts setting fire to random shit and stabbing each other.

If Rangers hadn't won the league, it would be just another weekend in Sunny Glasgow.

What next at Ibrox and Celtic Park?​

A really good manager can address all of this in relatively quick order, which is presumably why Celtic are waiting for Howe. If they think he's the guy with the nous and the charisma to spark a recovery then they'll feel it's worth taking some flak from annoyed supporters in the short term to get the benefits of his management in the medium to long term.

Celtic will see it as holding their nerve and making the right appointment, but Howe, if and when he arrives, will have some amount of expectation on him. We can't know if he fully realises what it's going to be like or, even if he does know, how he'll deal with it, but two minutes into the job he'll realise he ain't at Bournemouth anymore.

It'll be interesting to see what Rangers do in the summer. The club has already stated that they'll need to sell an asset or two to address the finances, but how far do they go on that? The champions of Scotland next season gain automatic entry into the Champions League group stage. It's a £25m season. Maybe a £30m season.

Celtic have a bewildering array of decisions to make, but Rangers are not without their own puzzlers.

If somebody comes in strong for Ryan Kent, Glen Kamara, Filip Helander, Barisic, Morelos, James Tavernier or young Nathan Paterson, do they listen or do they slam the phone down? They have to walk a line between selling a player or two in the name of fiscal caution and keeping them all and adding a few on top in the name of ambition and evolution and that pot of gold that awaits the 2021-22 champions.

Gerrard will push for more resources as befits a manager who demands constant improvement. Having taken so long to knock Celtic off their perch he will want his club to stick around at the top for a whole lot longer than one season.

Watching how Rangers balance the need for footballing progress and financial prudence will be interesting. The months ahead will be dominated by the remaking of Celtic, though. The revolving door hasn't started whirring yet, but it will. And soon.
I was told that they offered Howe the Celtic job back at the end of January and are still waiting for an answer. I’d be telling him to piss off if I had to wait this long.

Back
Top Bottom