Season 2022 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where Will We Finish?

• Total voters
We aren't just going to win the league
I was gonna say "good reverse psychology there"

Then I clicked on the next page

Have It Coronation Street GIF

If we want an actual title challenge we probably need one more elite CB and an top quality AM.
Can we get that in the squad with the HG rules, though? Looking at Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain 's post above, we have those specific openings, but I don't think there are HG options available?

So, likely Tanganga at the CB and Richarlison moves center with Moura on the right. May take another window or two to complete the build out and add some top drawer HG talent in spots to get the squad numbers right?

Really good listen that. Good to get a balanced and honest perspective from other fans. Nice also to know how much they are shitting their pants. I just hope we can deliver.
The Scouse supporter keeps altering the playing field, he's defo hiding his squeaky bum. But I can hear it. Didn't mind being all confident putting down Chelsea but provides a myriad of false doubt when comparing us to Liverpool (Klopps flops)

Looking outside of Spurs for a moment

I can see Brighton, Leeds and Leicester all having awful seasons. Leeds may well go. I think Brighton and Leicester may be propped up by Fulham, Bournemouth, Everton and Brentford. But given where Leicester have ben, and where Brighton had been going, they're gonna come unstuck this year.
Brightons 2 best players gone. No real quality in to replace them. Leicester look like a carcass in the desert with vultures circling.

I can see Brighton, Leeds and Leicester all having awful seasons. Leeds may well go. I think Brighton and Leicester may be propped up by Fulham, Bournemouth, Everton and Brentford. But given where Leicester have ben, and where Brighton had been going, they're gonna come unstuck this year.
Brightons 2 best players gone. No real quality in to replace them. Leicester look like a carcass in the desert with vultures circling.
Brighton are very well run, I’m sure they have players coming through that are solid. They loan a lot of players and a few have returned

I think they will be 12-8th

I don't think I could ever write off Brighton with Potter still there. He has them performing greater than the sum of their parts.

Whilst they have lost Bissouma and Cucurella, I can't help but feel the midfield two of Caicedo and Mwepu will still be able to perform to a high standard without him and will only improve given their age. Colwill, who they've got in return from Chelsea for the Cucurella deal is an excellent young centre back too.

I think their season will depend on whether or not they can actually put away the high volume of chances they create. It's always been a problem they've had with the likes of Welbeck, Maupay and Trossard missing plenty of chances over the course of a season. It's a big ask for Undav to come in and score their goals but he's proven he knows where the back of the net is (Albeit in a weaker league).

They also now have £80,000,000 burning a hole in their back pocket so I'd be surprised if they didn't splash some of that by the end of the transfer window.

I think you're right on Leeds though. Bielsa had them overachieving and their squad is no better now. Losing Phillips and Raphinha will hurt them big time. I think Leicester will have enough to stay out of any dog fight but I do think Rogers will be gone at some point during the season.

Bournemouth, Fulham, Forest and Leeds for me as the teams who will most definitely be fighting relegation. Probably Brentford too.

Last edited:
Leeds will be fine, same for Everton (they will comfortably finish mid table). Southampton are fucked, and I can't wait to see the back of them. Bournemouth are as good as gone, and the last relegation spot will be contested between the 2 West London sides, with the slight edge towards Brentford since Frank is a better manager than Silva in my opinion.

Haven’t been so excited for a season in a long while, Champions league is back baby and with a squad a manager in Antonio worthy of this illustrious competition! I really do love watching Spurs in the Champions League, hoping we can go far in the competition.

The return of watching Spurs twice a week is amazing - and in a competition I actually care about (not the European conference league or whatever that was called).

Back
Top Bottom