Season Run in

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's definitely not a lottery. Better teams still tend to win more matches etc. And there is a strong trend in the data that we are losing against the better teams consistently now. While mostly beating the lower half teams. That's not just luck.

The question is can we improve, and buck the recent trend? I don't know, but something has to change if we are going to give ourselves a chance. If we just put out the same team, with the same tactics, I suspect we'll get similar results. Personally feel that Lo Celso coming back could be big. Rodon having a strong end to the season can also help.
Totally agree. Our results, bar 4 or so have been completely predictable and for that reason i think we'll win today as we have some great individuals. Its the United and maybe Everton games that will be the problem as no doubt the players will have how great the opposition are drummed into them all week. We then proceed to play terrified, passive, defensive football like we're up against Brazil 70.

It's definitely not a lottery. Better teams still tend to win more matches etc. And there is a strong trend in the data that we are losing against the better teams consistently now. While mostly beating the lower half teams. That's not just luck.

The question is can we improve, and buck the recent trend? I don't know, but something has to change if we are going to give ourselves a chance. If we just put out the same team, with the same tactics, I suspect we'll get similar results. Personally feel that Lo Celso coming back could be big. Rodon having a strong end to the season can also help.
Well I predicted that we would beat Woolwich. I predicted we would get through to the next round of the Europa and Milan would beat MU after getting a draw in the first match. I wrote off WBA's chances yesterday and did not even look at the result until much later in the day. All wrong. It certainly has put me off making any predictions at present.

We are still dependent upon other clubs losing - and us taking advantage by winning.

Our main advantage going forward is probably us playing pretty much only once a week, which means our best X1 should be almost fully rested for our remaining matches.

Really need Son to get back into scoring and assisting form so that he and Kane outscore the opposition.

Would really help if defence and central midfield could stop opposition getting many shots on our goal, with some tracking back by our attackers of course.

We are still dependent upon other clubs losing - and us taking advantage by winning.

Our main advantage going forward is probably us playing pretty much only once a week, which means our best X1 should be almost fully rested for our remaining matches.

Really need Son to get back into scoring and assisting form so that he and Kane outscore the opposition.

Would really help if defence and central midfield could stop opposition getting many shots on our goal, with some tracking back by our attackers of course.
PEH was not good today, Nd is intermittent to put it politely and GLC is coming back from injury as was Son.
It was paining me to see Harry and Vinicius tracking back to help our defence.
After a weeks rest and no inters I am expecting much better in the weeks to come.
We nearly got away with it today.

Season Run In?

sitepandawhalecom GIF

Back
Top Bottom