Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

False accusation of rape - Wikipedia
this is mainly the US 2-10%, in Israel it was found to vary between 1-3% and again that's for sexual assault, I suspect the figure for physical assault to be even smaller as there are less vague situations.
Like it says right there "It is extremely difficult to assess the prevalence of false accusations." the estimate of 2% - 10% is based on again, a considerably small sample size when looking at the overall population and when taking into account the impossibility to assess the prevalence of them it's dangerous to suggest that "99%" of people coming forward with allegations are being honest.

My fear (which seems to be coming true in the modern age) is that we are living in a timeline of witchhunts, where the second someone is accused of something they immediately become guilty, you can see it right here in this very thread, the second people heard Aurier had been arrested they assumed guilt, more than likely because he is male, without any evidence whatsoever and just based on a headline assuming the worst.

Is that a sensible way to approach things? I have seen innocent people on sites like twitter have their lives ruined over false accusations and whilst being proven innocent after going to court, have never recovered, all the while the lies from the "victim" have given them a successful platform in life.

I am not saying this happens more or less, I am simply saying it DOES happen, which is why just simply "believing" someone before evidence is produced is a very dangerous way of thinking, either for men or women.

Men are being generalised as bad people these days it seems, you can probably thank extremist ideologies perverting discourse for this kind of thing, but the reality remains that the law exists for a reason, yes, it isn't infallible and sometimes it gets it wrong but for the most part the evidence speaks for itself in these situations.

Instead of relying on unreliable data and immediately assuming the worst about someone, either man or woman, maybe we should take a wait and see attitude to these issues and you know, use some common sense before we get the pitch forks out and ruin someones life.

I thought he was poor tonight.

So many times, when faced with a 2 on 2 situation, with him being the widest player. He seemed to be on his heels all the time and not aware of the simple ball to the outside attacker.

I like that Jack Clarke at Leeds. Potential to convert him into a maurading full back I wonder?
TBH, I only watch Spurs these days, so I can't comment on him, or indeed any other potential transfers.

I'm content enough to trust Poch and his team.

Dele is prime example, just look at the comments of the first couple of his thread, some excited, some saying "who ?", some saying not good enough and that he'll be the youth team for 4 years before being sold to Hull, etc etc. etc.

On the other hand look at Janssen.

:dembelelol:

TBH, I only watch Spurs these days, so I can't comment on him, or indeed any other potential transfers.

I'm content enough to trust Poch and his team.

Dele is prime example, just look at the comments of the first couple of his thread, some excited, some saying "who ?", some saying not good enough and that he'll be the youth team for 4 years before being sold to Hull, etc etc. etc.

On the other hand look at Janssen.

:dembelelol:

I'd genuinely be happy with our slower, progressive evolution instead of bolt it all on someone iffy. I do think we have gone slightly backwards but when you look at the likes of Woolwich who can only loan players, City withna pretty settled squad, Liverpool with most of their money done on a big roll of the dice last summer etc I do think we are pretty well placed as an English club that has stuck to our guns, kept its powder dry and not gone berserk like so many would like us to. Personally I'd be gutted to see another Paulinho or Soldado walk through the door. Find me another Foyth or Sonny all day long

So many times, when faced with a 2 on 2 situation, with him being the widest player. He seemed to be on his heels all the time and not aware of the simple ball to the outside attacker.
Possibly but he started looking good before his injury so got to try to get him back to that level

It almost defies belief how slow he looks at times both on and off the ball. It's like he's always hauling himself after any player that passes him. I don't think it's down to laziness, he just looks incapable of sprinting at full tilt most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom