Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of people criticise his crossing, I think it's okay but not spectacular. My issue with Aurier is the constant mistakes, or attempting to win freekicks just outside our box. A defensively solid right back that offers nothing going forward would be a huge upgrade on him, let alone someone who offers more. Happily sell him and KWP and bring in a good right back with Tanganga as his back up (his best position in my eyes).

Why? One has barely played and the other is a walking disaster. Jose’s history would suggest he’d much rather play the quick and strong Tanganga at RB than the small and timid KWP.

True. Doubt we keep KWP. Tanganga won't cut it at RB though. Pretty limited on the ball in that position.

Why? One has barely played and the other is a walking disaster. Jose’s history would suggest he’d much rather play the quick and strong Tanganga at RB than the small and timid KWP.
You're probably right, but I still think KWP wasn't given a fair crack of the whip by either Poch or Jose - a loan spell should have been sorted out much earlier in his career.

He was also one of the classiest players ever
Totally agree, my favourite non-Spurs player, gutted I never got the chance to see him play live. Most women would want jewellery/handbags/expensive perfume for their 40th birthday - I asked for and got an authenticated signed photo of Paolo.

Totally agree, my favourite non-Spurs player, gutted I never got the chance to see him play live. Most women would want jewellery/handbags/expensive perfume for their 40th birthday - I asked for and got an authenticated signed photo of Paolo.
Don't worry , l will send you a photo of yours truly , in the Klondike, in full lumber jack gear.
Beats anything especially the coonskin cap ( raccoon hat).
Those Latins/Hellenes ain't got nothing on us up territory in breed grizzly mountain boys.

Being linked with Celik at lille as his replacement. £18m, which you'd think we could get for Serge.

No idea if he is any good at all though.

The 27-year-old Ivory Coast captain asked to leave Tottenham last summer but a mooted move to AC Milan never materialised. Now Milan director Paolo Maldini has strongly suggested that the Italian club are looking to sign the right-back one again and admitted to trying last year. An unlikely £12.5million fee has been reported.

An option to fill one of the right-back spots is to fully convert Tanganga into a right-back. When he has played at right-back, he's looked comfortable with the defending and hasn't shied away from bombing forward when called upon. Mourinho could decide to use Tanganga as a dependable back-up to a new signing and he wouldn't be the first player the Portuguese has used who can play at both right-back and in the centre.

Mourinho, when he first came in, said that Sissoko's best position was out on the right rather than in the centre of the pitch. His work-rate and ability to cover others could mark him out as a contender for the position if needed, but it's not ideal.

Jubril Okedina, 19, had been stepping up for the U23s this season, playing regularly at right-back in Premier League 2. Mourinho might take a look at him during pre-season.

There are also high hopes for 17-year-old Dermi Lusala. The England youth international is naturally a right-back but has played at left-back and at centre-back this season for the U18s. He has also played for the U19s in the UEFA Youth League but Jose might feel it's too soon for Lusala.

Last edited:

The 27-year-old Ivory Coast captain asked to leave Tottenham last summer but a mooted move to AC Milan never materialised. Now Milan director Paolo Maldini has strongly suggested that the Italian club are looking to sign the right-back one again and admitted to trying last year. An unlikely £12.5million fee has been reported.

An option to fill one of the right-back spots is to fully convert Tanganga into a right-back. When he has played at right-back, he's looked comfortable with the defending and hasn't shied away from bombing forward when called upon. Mourinho could decide to use Tanganga as a dependable back-up to a new signing and he wouldn't be the first player the Portuguese has used who can play at both right-back and in the centre.

Mourinho, when he first came in, said that Sissoko's best position was out on the right rather than in the centre of the pitch. His work-rate and ability to cover others could mark him out as a contender for the position if needed, but it's not ideal.

Jubril Okedina, 19, had been stepping up for the U23s this season, playing regularly at right-back in Premier League 2. Mourinho might take a look at him during pre-season.

There are also high hopes for 17-year-old Dermi Lusala. The England youth international is naturally a right-back but has played at left-back and at centre-back this season for the U18s. He has also played for the U19s in the UEFA Youth League but Jose might feel it's too soon for Lusala.
Hope we get rid even at a loss

Useless cunt

Back
Top Bottom