Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho will hammer him for the touch and the decision making there. It’s ground Hogg day with him. So many poor touches and bad decisions in the wrong area of the pitch costing us goals.
He is an odd ball capable of great games an utter stinkers. Thing is you can tell pretty early with him what day it is. Id hook the bloke the moment he show signs of Werewolf mode no matter how early. Still the least of our issues st the moment

It probably isn’t a free kick but he got the ball and then failed to protect it from the opponent. It’s still bad play. In added time when we are clinging on for dear life he should be hoofing that towards the corner flag, he did exactly what Winks did trying to control and turn on the ball rather than put his foot through it.

Should never play for us again. Just off the top of my head:

2017 v West Ham (a): gets sent off completely needlessly in a game we are winning 0-3. We end up holding on for a nervy 2-3.

2018 v Juve (a): we go 2-0 down very quickly but pull it back to 2-1, to steady the ship. Just before HT, he lunges in completely unnecessarily on Costa to concede a penalty. Fortunately for us, Higuain misses.

2019 v City (h): concedes penalty on Augero. Luckily, Lloris saves.

2019 v Chelsea (h): under no pressure, heads a hopeful ball out for a corner. Asleep as Chelsea take a short corner from which Willian scores.

Ysterday: has no idea Snodgrass is near him. DOES kick him.

This same prick ref was the one who didn't give a stonewall penalty against Bournemouth last season wasn't he? He also gave Rashford a penalty for a clear dive against us. Every time I see his smug face, I feel like punching something.

Thank you, I couldn't find this when I looked!

I don't even think the WHU player thought it was a free kick. Aurrier had the ball, the WHU player barges in front of him.
How the fuckingy fuckerty fuck is that a WHU FK?

I get what you’re saying and it was soft so why give a dodgy ref a decision to make?

Last fucking minute so Row Z
Simples

Really don’t understand the haters.

He didn’t play as well as he did at Man U but he was not bad by any means.

That last foul was definitely not Aurier’s fault, it was a mistake by the ref.
That’s not the point

Why try to run out with the ball at that stage of the match?

Just hoof it but he gave the ref a decision to make
Cunt
Get rid as he’s a liability

Much like with Sanchez, there's a good player in Serge but he can have lapses that let him down and it seems when he does make a mistake it's clinical.

He's a good defender though, a very good one on one tackler. I feel he needs to improve his concentration and his crossing.

With Doherty we have an option so that's great and hopefully Serge produces more Man United games than West Ham games.

He didn’t have to hoof it, that’s the point.

We could have tried to hold possession to run the clock down and the ref made a mistake.
You’re missing the point

Aurier isn’t capable of holding possession
Certainly not capable of running out with the ball ⚽

To me the obvious signs were there in his early days with us.. he had like 3 failed throw-ins within the same game from what I remember. That shows a distinct lack of professionalism (and lack of understanding of the game) and an unwillingness to then learn from his first mistake and not make them again...least of all in the same game.

To me the obvious signs were there in his early days with us.. he had like 3 failed throw-ins within the same game from what I remember. That shows a distinct lack of professionalism (and lack of understanding of the game) and an unwillingness to then learn from his first mistake and not make them again...least of all in the same game.

It also shows the inconsistency of referees.

I see atleast 5 foul throws a game. That are never called.

I'm not sure how if shows a lack of willingness to learn when he hasn't been called for a foul throw since?

Seems like an odd thing to dislike about him.

Last edited:
It also shows the inconsistency of referees.

I see atleast 5 foul throws a game. That are never called.

I'm not sure how if shows a lack of willingness to learn when he hasn't been called for a foul throw since?

Seems like an odd thing to dislike about him.

If you make a foul throw and the referee intervenes and gives the ball to the opposition due to you making a mistake.. as a professional, you would think he would make a mental note NOT to make the same mistake two more times in the same match.

And I do believe he made the mistake again later on in another match. It's easy just to blame the referees but the rules are the rules, and even an amateur should know them.

Back
Top Bottom