Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since when and based on what!?
To be fair, he does have 4 goals and 7 assists in each of his last two PL seasons, as a RWB admittedly but he is effective going forward.

We essentially have two imperfect players to rotate at RB for the season, but at least they're both strong in the air and good at getting forward.

Probably a position that needs a first choice option brought in next summer.

Not sure what this was about:

Geezer looks like he wants to fuck him up and Serge looks like he’s terrified

wtf is going on there

claim it’s a joke ... doesn’t look funny

Your opinion on Doherty, but not mine - Aurier's ability to have major brain farts on a regular basis is a big negative which undoes a lot of the positive points he has.

Aurier's contract expiring in June 2022 and he spent last 2 summers trying to leave. Why try to renew ? Bring in a younger player as back up.

Doherty was brought in as a PL experienced player (and at 28 not ideal, but was rated as 2nd best attacking RB in PL after TAA so absolutely needed) BECAUSE Aurier was trying to leave, which your remark clearly ignores.
I'm assuming you are using stats to make the claim about Doherty??, if so, Aurier was rated the THIRD most attacking AND he can defend far, far better than Doherty (Doherty was an out and out WB to gain those stats and did little defensive duties). Have you actually seen Doherty defend in a Spurs shirt? He's been pretty fucking poor to date. Of course, he's only just joined and there will hopefully be some improvement once he's settled in, but I'd assume that the reason we bought a 28yr old (soon to be 29) was that with existing PL experience he would be ready from the get-go.

In any event, there can surely be no argument that he's behind Aurier right now.

I'm assuming you are using stats to make the claim about Doherty??, if so, Aurier was rated the THIRD most attacking AND he can defend far, far better than Doherty (Doherty was an out and out WB to gain those stats and did little defensive duties). Have you actually seen Doherty defend in a Spurs shirt? He's been pretty fucking poor to date. Of course, he's only just joined and there will hopefully be some improvement once he's settled in, but I'd assume that the reason we bought a 28yr old (soon to be 29) was that with existing PL experience he would be ready from the get-go.

In any event, there can surely be no argument that he's behind Aurier right now.

It says alot that even against LASK, a walkover, Doherty was our weakest player.

Can people also stop moaning about Aurier's crossing ffs.

Apart from the dippers fullbacks not many come close to his numbers.
The action he gets on the ball is superb. His crossing technique is excellent. Yeah he fluffs it sometimes but that's life.

Can people also stop moaning about Aurier's crossing ffs.

Apart from the dippers fullbacks not many come close to his numbers.
The action he gets on the ball is superb. His crossing technique is excellent. Yeah he fluffs it sometimes but that's life.
Crossing in itself is a low % opportunity (just watch the geezer pop up and disagree with that as he always does, lol). Those looking for any excuses to take a pop will use that, despite the fact that from open play he has the best crossing stats from a FB in the league (TAA's numbers are off the charts because he's their set-piece taker (corners & FK's)).

Crossing in itself is a low % opportunity (just watch the geezer pop up and disagree with that as he always does, lol). Those looking for any excuses to take a pop will use that, despite the fact that from open play he has the best crossing stats from a FB in the league (TAA's numbers are off the charts because he's their set-piece taker (corners & FK's)).
no room for context I'm afraid. We're not having that here!

On this Aurier thing, Are we doing that thing where we immediately categorise the less talented player (Doherty) as automatically being more reliable?

Considering Doherty isn't the less talented player I would say no.

Also, considering that Doherty doesn't make the moronic plays or pointless fouls, I would also say no.

Bump.
etoDyrp.png

Back
Top Bottom