Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hes the weak link in the fact hes the weakest player in the side... every team has a weak link.

Ah, Sissoko.

youre boring talking nonsense about how great aurier is...never heard so much waffle in my life.

I think you're mistaken. I've not once said Aurier is great.

I've just stated facts on how he's been a lot better than Doherty has this season.

lets see how he does over the next 5-6 games. well come back to this then. hopefully im singing his praises too

No. You won't be singing his praises. You'll be back on here mentioning a misplaced pass he made in the 12th minute which lead to a throw in for the other team.

Ah, Sissoko.

I think you're mistaken. I've not once said Aurier is great.

I've just stated facts on how he's been a lot better than Doherty has this season.

No. You won't be singing his praises. You'll be back on here mentioning a misplaced pass he made in the 12th minute which lead to a throw in for the other team.
so aurier is more valuable to spurs in big games than sissoko? wow ok

haha wtf? dont think doherty has a game like auriers tonight? jesus christ he had a decent game 7/10. hardly set the world on fire. still gave away silly freekicks in dangerous areas and gave unforced errors but ok...

right side doesnt look as suspect when defending when doherty is there imo, doherty has more quality on the ball than aurier. you arent waiting for him to fuck up with the ball like you do with aurier.
Fuckin hell did we just watch the same game, do you have eyes

Aurier's mistake (ended in De Bruyne's shoot from outside the box, at minute 50) came immediately after a very good defensive action - Torres tried to get in behind him, Aurier spotted the run and recovered well; there was still some space left for a cross, so he blocked that space without actually touching the ball (or Torres). It was an energetic and intelligent move... But then he got the ball seconds after - without any time to stop and think about what to do next, in a safe manner - and his brain let him (us) down.

I think it was a very symbolic mistake. Aurier shouldn't be involved in "consecutive actions". He shouldn't play three games in the same week, for example. He needs to be well prepared for every time he's on the pitch for us. And he is a good player if used correctly.

By the way: Aurier played really well against Chelsea, United and City. Say what you want about him, but Aurier is a player with a soul.

Last edited:
haha wtf? dont think doherty has a game like auriers tonight? jesus christ he had a decent game 7/10. hardly set the world on fire. still gave away silly freekicks in dangerous areas and gave unforced errors but ok...

right side doesnt look as suspect when defending when doherty is there imo, doherty has more quality on the ball than aurier. you arent waiting for him to fuck up with the ball like you do with aurier.

Regui made more (dangerous) mistakes going forward tbh. Maybe you just counted them together an blame all of it on Aurier, because youre clueless 🤷

He was better than Trippier and he's better than Doherty. He's got all the qualities you want in a full back. Just has to cut out the brain farts, which he mostly has.

We should convince him to renew his contract based off of his performances this season.

Getting Doherty in has been a great boost to him. He's stepped up.

Say what you like about Aurier's decision-making, his energy and commitment in the 92nd minute here is great stuff :thumbup: One of those squad players who has not complained about being out of the starting line-up and grabbed his chances with both hands.

Back
Top Bottom