Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I clearly asked you a question. That's all, a very simple question, nothing more, nothing less. Which you haven't answered.

And I'm answering the question you thick plank. You asked do I NOT want him? I'm telling you I didn't say that which clearly means I would like him. Do I have to spell it out for you in capital letters for you to grasp it ??

Sign him late, its too late...Waaaaaaahhhhhh
Dont get a work permit: Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

We´re signing too many defenders!
Why havent we replaced Walker! Tripper and Davies should be sold!

Need a tricky winger. Need a striker!
Our problems are not up front!!

Dele and Eriksen suffer because we need a RB!!
Should just get Barkley done....Dele and Eriksen need competition!!

Its Levy
Its the window
Its the back up
Its Walker leaving

Its not Wembley
ergo: WHL had no impact on our game

Its not the forwards
ergo: missing sitters is because the full backs are poor

Its not Poch
ergo: Abandoning pressing and not making substitions is Levy and Janssens fault
It's much easier to press the shit out of teams at WHL.
If you thought we'd be smothering teams at home like we were last season then you were badly mistaken.
We didn't do it away at Stoke, City, Liverpool, Woolwich, Southampton, etc. Not even Swansea.

We are not going to be pressing like we did City, Chelsea, Woolwich, etc at WHL last season.
There may just only be yards difference but it's 600sq yards more.
300sq yards more in one half.
The players would have to cover a massive amount of extra mileage to press like we did at WHL.
I think I said this before the season starts.
It has its advantages for us in there is more room to open up the park the bus teams, but we won't be dominating teams, all over them like a rash, pressing them into submission, denying them space and time at home this season

It's much easier to press the shit out of teams at WHL.

Yes I know, that why I think Wembley has a massive effect on us. Some dont....its the window

If you thought we'd be smothering teams at home like we were last season then you were badly mistaken.

I didnt. I hate Wembley....I gave it the benfit of the doubt over the summer, but I dont believe this will be a good season for us there. Again, I think, and have thought, Wembley is a problem.
Others think its the window.

We didn't do it away at Stoke, City, Liverpool, Woolwich, Southampton, etc. Not even Swansea.
Doesnt matter because we were playing well

We are not going to be pressing like we did City, Chelsea, Woolwich, etc at WHL last season.

I know. Because WHL is gone and now we are lost at wembley with no identity to our game

There may just only be yards difference but it's 600sq yards more.
300sq yards more in one half.
The players would have to cover a massive amount of extra mileage to press like we did at WHL.
I think I said this before the season starts.
It has its advantages for us in there is more room to open up the park the bus teams, but we won't be dominating teams, all over them like a rash, pressing them into submission, denying them space and time at home this season

I get all that. Im sceptical about it though. Burnley pressed us, so I guess they are fitter than us then if thats the case.....I think its in the mind more than anything and Poch can say what he likes, but he´s changed our game, and we are playing poorly due to the ground change.

A friend who works in football.
Even if that was the case could have easily changed once Poch found out Aurier is a possibility. It does not mean the source is wrong just things change.

I have a contact who used to work with the Tottenham management team who told me Berbatov 100% going to Man U that week and then he didn't (signed the next year).

Even if that was the case could have easily changed once Poch found out Aurier is a possibility. It does not mean the source is wrong just things change.

I have a contact who used to work with the Tottenham management team who told me Berbatov 100% going to Man U that week and then he didn't (signed the next year).

Yes he's a journo, and he often gets things wrong - he's just working off info given to him.

Probably right about Aurier. Doubt Spurs expected to be able to get him.
This Neymar deal has kickstarted a lot of activity.

RE: Aurier...not sure the status of his conviction but if Aurier was just a normal guy from the Ivory Coast who wanted to come work on a farm picking vegetables on minimum wage would you want the Home Office to grant him a working VISA if he had violence related criminal convictions?

Just putting it out there...

Back
Top Bottom