Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know I'm in the minority here, but I quite like Serge. Yes he does make mistakes but the pressure we put on our defence sometimes by sitting back, doesn't help. A better player than Doherty, IMO.
I admit, I never really bought but last night was a case of "best form of defence is to attack".

The defence wasn't anything great yesterday, i remember Dier with a couple misplaced passes and our fullbacks being out of position but because we were always on the 'front foot', the pressure our defence had to endure came few and far between.

Some Muslim athletes deliver much better performances during Ramadan.

Different sport but Hakeem Olajuwon of the Houston Rockets used to put out monster numbers during Ramadan when he played.
There’s all types of evidence that intermittent fasting has great health benefits. I’ve tried it before and can say it took a few days getting used to but I definitely felt good during it. Perhaps Serge was feeling the fast

In effect, yes.

Not sure of the exact process but there are various groups that can be exempt.
Pregnant or nursing women
Elderly
Sick
Athletes, all though many choose not to be exempt.

I presume it's given by an Imam.

pakistani-spur pakistani-spur ?

I'm not fasting myself but a lot of athletes postpone their fasts to later in the year/off-season - there's some sort of dispensation for extreme physical activity and if travelling.

Aurier is top of my list of players to go. He has sabotaged our season and it was of course he who gave away the stupid FK that led to us losing v City.
But he played well yesterday and I wouldn't scream the gaff down if he played in our next 3 fixtures.
However if there is anything "on" the Leicester game I want him kidnapped and locked in a dungeon in Outer Mongolia and nowhere near our line up that day.

Well, this is Serge.

Capable of great games like today, as well ad bad mistakes occasionally.
Thing is though, when people cry about giving away a freekick near the throwin line or the corner flag that shouldnt mean we concede goals. Plenty of teams defend corners and freekicks like that with ease. Even we get loads of freekicks out wide or corners and almost never score from them. Even yesterday someone gave a freekick away on the left side out wide, that shouldnt be a big problem as our defense makes it out to be.

Its probably better to let someone have a freekick in that position when our defense can organise instead of letting them cross freely when our defense isnt organised. The bad thing he's done this season is the penalty he conceded vs leicester which was really stupid.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I quite like Serge. Yes he does make mistakes but the pressure we put on our defence sometimes by sitting back, doesn't help. A better player than Doherty, IMO.
A better player than Doherty certainly, but don’t let yourself get sucked in by a good performance against Sheffield United Mrs P, the guy is still a complete liability and should be one of the first out the door this summer....

We can and should easily buy a player that’s an improvement on him.

I've said this all season and got pellters we have 99 problems and though he is one ....its about number 89 in order of priority.
I watch way too much football Mrs P ask my Mrs. There are NOT a load of really good RB out there we can buy. If we get Aarons which looks unlikely people are in for a shock. The full back position has become increasingly important in modern football. A player who is primarily a footballer like Corluka who has the physicality of Aurier/Walker that's a lottery win. If someone knows a cheap one they should contact the club immediately.

I'm in no rush to see him go. I am keen to see someone challenge him properly because Doc's been wank. If he was a real doc he'd have his hand up your arse to exam your tonsils.

Not only is he much better than Doherty, he’s actually quite good compared to others in his position in the PL.

He does make big mistakes occasionally but he has his strengths too.

Our squad as a whole has players who are better when we play on the front foot. Invite pressure and we see them make mistakes. Aurier is pretty good when we get him moving forwards. Don't think he's reliable in games where we have more defending to do though.

A better player than Doherty certainly, but don’t let yourself get sucked in by a good performance against Sheffield United Mrs P, the guy is still a complete liability and should be one of the first out the door this summer....

We can and should easily buy a player that’s an improvement on him.
Thanks for your reply and totally get where you and his other critics are coming from. But as Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow mentioned, not many options out there in our price range. It's not as if our scouting team have covered themselves in our glory unearthing little gems recently. I still believe he's not as bad as some make him out to be.

Good yesterday BUT
Not good enough long term. Always has a mistake in him. We won't win things with him. In crucial games I don't believe he has it.

Doherty is the first one I'd get gone. Point is we need a new FIRST CHOICE RB in the summer

The recruitment of a right-back. Alessandro Florenzi (30), who arrived last September from AS Roma, has not convinced this season despite a low purchase option estimated at 8 million euros.

PSG have yet to make a final decision on the Italian's future, especially if Colin Dagba leaves, but the trend remains negative. Paris is therefore in search of a holder for next season. With several names in mind, including that of Serge Aurier , as indicated by Le Parisien . Despite his 26 games played with Tottenham this season, in all competitions, the 28-year-old Ivorian international (66 caps) has an exit voucher for this summer against a check estimated at 10 million euros.

Last October, AC Milan and Spartak Moscow showed interest in the defender, before he decided to stay in England. The prospect of returning to Paris, where he played between 2014 and 2017, is a game-changer. Fan of the club of the capital, Aurier is not insensitive to the Parisian interest. But PSG are not the only club in the ranks. AC Milan is still there, just like Atlético in the event of the departure of the Englishman Kieran Trippier.

Good yesterday BUT
Not good enough long term. Always has a mistake in him. We won't win things with him. In crucial games I don't believe he has it.

Doherty is the first one I'd get gone. Point is we need a new FIRST CHOICE RB in the summer

Then who?

If you're gonna make that statement, back it up sonny jim!

I find Serge better than Doc. But with Serge looking to get away this summer I'd prefer the minutes went to Tanganga. Unsure if he is injured at the moment though.
I like Tanganga too and suggested the same a while back but was told on here that he is a CB

Back
Top Bottom