Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sad reality is that Aurier > Doherty
Doherty has been such a disaster. I'm willing to give him another shot since he's the furthest possible thing from a Mourinho fullback and he's almost 30 so we'll never get a penny for him, but man has he looked like an impostor from the stands a lot of the time.

Aurier on the other hand is a durably, reliably relegation-fodder quality RB.

Can't imagine Norwich selling after promotion though, last summer would've been the smart time to move for him.
You never know with situations like that. There may have been a gentleman's agreement between him and the Norwich management that if he stuck with them for a full season after relegation they'd led him go regardless of getting promoted if a decent offer came in. There's some media noise around him going somewhere so I think it's possible.

You never know with situations like that. There may have been a gentleman's agreement between him and the Norwich management that if he stuck with them for a full season after relegation they'd led him go regardless of getting promoted if a decent offer came in. There's some media noise around him going somewhere so I think it's possible.
Thats the word and Everton have done all the wooing work whilst we did nothing. Although Norwich do owe us one for Skipp

Statistically has the lowest Points per Game in the entire squad per Transfermarkt. #TopDefender

Where's Chateau Statto to tell us how amazing he is?
And Doherty has the highest. Did Doherty even play RB in a back 4 against any top 6 club this season?

Davies-Tanganga-Toby-Doherty
---------------Hart------------------- is our back 5 with the highest PPG this season.

That energy supplement he had when he was going to take a throw in...

Apparently the Ramadan fast had just finished so he could take on some nutrients.

He ought to consider fasting before every match, he was ace today

:auriergrin:

That energy supplement he had when he was going to take a throw in...

Apparently the Ramadan fast had just finished so he could take on some nutrients.

He ought to consider fasting before every match, he was ace today

:auriergrin:
Some Muslim athletes deliver much better performances during Ramadan.

Different sport but Hakeem Olajuwon of the Houston Rockets used to put out monster numbers during Ramadan when he played.

Some Muslim athletes deliver much better performances during Ramadan.

Different sport but Hakeem Olajuwon of the Houston Rockets used to put out monster numbers during Ramadan when he played.
It's interesting this. Usually players have a match-day meal with the right amount of carbohydrates, nutrients etc.

If he's fasting he wouldn't have eaten before sunrise so about 5 am this morning. Then he didn't eat all day and at 7.15pm went out and played a game of football. You would think physically he would be impacted but he played better than he usually does. Just makes you think about how players prepare and what's needed for them to perform.

Of course it helps playing a shit team, maybe that's more relevant.

It's interesting this. Usually players have a match-day meal with the right amount of carbohydrates, nutrients etc.

If he's fasting he wouldn't have eaten before sunrise so about 5 am this morning. Then he didn't eat all day and at 7.15pm went out and played a game of football. You would think physically he would be impacted but he played better than he usually does. Just makes you think about how players prepare and what's needed for them to perform.

Of course it helps playing a shit team, maybe that's more relevant.
It really is insane how so many top level Muslim athletes can pull this off.

God knows I could not pull it off. I struggle enough with my regular diet.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I quite like Serge. Yes he does make mistakes but the pressure we put on our defence sometimes by sitting back, doesn't help. A better player than Doherty, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom