Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's not based him on being Top 5 in Europe on the one game against Dortmund.

Aurier, on form, is genuienly top 5 in Europe.

He's up there with Juanfran, Carvajal, Semedo, Alves for sure.
Not sure semedo or alves are top 5 in europe. Semedo is good and could be great but just because he's at barca doesn't automatically make him top 5 and I'm not sure whether he was quite good enough at benfica to put him in that category just yet. I'd consider kimmich and meunier up there. I'd even have azpilicueta (when he plays at RB) above those two. Alves has fallen off a bit imo, he wasn't that good at juve last season. I feel like I'm missing a few players too (a couple of spanish players at lower clubs). Aurier could genuinely be the best in the world if he keeps himself together, that's how highly rated he was at psg.

Top 5 in Europe?!?!? I don't think so. I mean I love the lad and he is great. But we tend to overrate and hype up our players too much. He has only played handful of games for us lets see if he can be consistent throughout the season.

Handful of games being 1 game, so far he's looked very good against an elite side. He was the starting RB for PSG side that won the league and also played many CL matches, playing well against the Woolwich in Paris and then being banned from match in London. I would say on his current playing record and experience he's an upgrade on Trippier.

Come on now. Most folk will have seen him for PSG. There's no doubting the lads ability. He's fucking mustard. If you can't get excited about him as a footballer then check if you have a pulse. My only concern is that he's "highly strung". But I firmly believe Poch wouldn't have risked it if Aurier wasn't committed to improving his off the pitch reputation. I'm genuinely thrilled he's here & believe that we have quite possibly upgraded at RB whilst pocketing £27 million.

:levyeyes:

:dude:
Totally agree. He really caught the eye and oozed class on his debut. As (long-suffering) fans are we not 'permitted' to show our enthusiasm?

Must have completed more take ons today than Trippier has the last 3 seasons.

Should have won a penalty too. Solid league debut.

Dele needs to seriously buck his ideas up. He's so gifted but he walks around at times like he's made it. Worrying observation I think the hype may have got him (been feeling this for a while not a melt)

Sonny deserved 90 minutes, Dier is a dope and Eriksen just didn't get in the game. Poch has creative work to do to get round this defensive way teams pick points up from. Fluidity was missing. I miss White Hart Lane (ok that ones a bit of a melt)

Dele needs to seriously buck his ideas up. He's so gifted but he walks around at times like he's made it. Worrying observation I think the hype may have got him (been feeling this for a while not a melt)

Sonny deserved 90 minutes, Dier is a dope and Eriksen just didn't get in the game. Poch has creative work to do to get round this defensive way teams pick points up from. Fluidity was missing. I miss White Hart Lane (ok that ones a bit of a melt)
yea his attitude is different now. not the same hunger. Haven't played well at all this season

So 1 take on.

Trippier actually completed a take-on today.

Sadly, it was once again heading towards his own goal and then he lost the ball.

image.png

I got worried about Dele when I saw that BT Sport ad in the summer; he's got an aura of petulant prick about him at the minute.

Not sure semedo or alves are top 5 in europe. Semedo is good and could be great but just because he's at barca doesn't automatically make him top 5 and I'm not sure whether he was quite good enough at benfica to put him in that category just yet. I'd consider kimmich and meunier up there. I'd even have azpilicueta (when he plays at RB) above those two. Alves has fallen off a bit imo, he wasn't that good at juve last season. I feel like I'm missing a few players too (a couple of spanish players at lower clubs). Aurier could genuinely be the best in the world if he keeps himself together, that's how highly rated he was at psg.

Aurier is top 3 IMO; Alves is only elite going forward, Juanfran looks vulnerable this season. Azpilicueta and Carvajal are the only two who genuinely rival him in terms of quality and balance. Walker is a good athlete who Pocchettino managed to mould into an incredibly competent footballer, but lacks their class.

All this is without Pocchettino the fullback whisperer having any time to galvanise him either. He's going to be a monster.

Must have completed more take ons today than Trippier has the last 3 seasons.

Trippier must have completed more crosses yesterday than Aurier has in his entire lifetime.

We brought on Llorente so we had a target man.
Totally pointless when we keep giving the ball to this tool!!

But we better replace Trippier with a headless fucking chicken.

Trippier must have completed more crosses yesterday than Aurier has in his entire lifetime.

We brought on Llorente so we had a target man.
Totally pointless when we keep giving the ball to this tool!!

But we better replace Trippier with a headless fucking chicken.

How many of Trippiers crosses ended with an assist?

Right? So what exactly are you getting at?

:dembelelol:

Trippier completed more crosses - Zero assists.

So literally the ONLY thing he's good for brought nothing good to the game.

Thanks for that.

And Auriers take-ons were so valuable??
Literally the ONLY thing hes good for brought nothing good to the game.

However I look forward to him running up the wing at hitting row-Z.
How we've missed Lennon and Townsend :)

And Auriers take-ons were so valuable??
Literally the ONLY thing hes good for brought nothing good to the game.

However I look forward to him running up the wing at hitting row-Z.
How we've missed Lennon and Townsend :)

A take on is more likely to create a chance. As opposed to Trippier receiving the ball in space and passing all the way back to Lloris.

If you're seriously living in a world where you honestly believe Trippier is even half as good as Aurier, you really are living in Scotland.

Maybe you should stick to that football instead.

A take on is more likely to create a chance. As opposed to Trippier receiving the ball in space and passing all the way back to Lloris.

A cross on to a forwards head is more likely to create a chance as opposed to Aurier blindly running with the ball and booting it into crowd.

Didn't quote your xenophobic bullshit as it's beneath you.
I actually have to go out and won't be able to reply.
No stealing the tv!! :)

A cross on to a forwards head is more likely to create a chance as opposed to Aurier blindly running with the ball and booting it into crowd.

Didn't quote your xenophobic bullshit as it's beneath you.
I actually have to go out and won't be able to reply.
No stealing the tv!! :)

How is he xenophobic saying Scottish football is garbage? It is. The Scottish Premiership is on par with League One. And that's being nice. Celtic would struggle in the Championship. And it's not like Scottish footballers are lighting the world up anywhere even in Scotland.

Back
Top Bottom