Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Entry clearance approval.

The club will have instructed one of the magic circle law firms to handle it. They will have contacts at the Home Office who will seek Tier 2 Sportsperson approval (the "work permit"). That can be done quickly if you know the right people. It'll then be up to the entry clearance officer in our Paris consulate to approve entry. Usually takes a week or two in commercial cases like this.

There's nothing stopping him signing a contract with the club in the meantime and it being registered with the footballing authorities. We'd just include a provision that failure to obtain entry clearance would void the contract and render him a free agent.
Do you work for a magic circle firm, Sal? I've got you pinned as a Slaughter and May man, perhaps an Olswanger, but definitely not Clydes.

Do you work for a magic circle firm, Sal? I've got you pinned as a Slaughter and May man, perhaps an Olswanger, but definitely not Clydes.
No. I used to work for a leading boutique immigration firm many years ago, which is where my training came from originally. Worked at various firms since then, including a couple of the big city firms. Work for myself now. Don't like the city firms. Hours are too long and I'm getting too old and lazy for that shit.

seriously this is fucking ace news.

We sell a very fast RB, but prone to brain farts and needless yellows and freekicks in dangerous areas, someone who by their own admission doesnt like defending very much, probably because he started out as a striker. and for about half the cost we get the real deal. pace, power, footie brain, trained defender.

we've effectively sold Ringo to another group who thought they were paying for Lennon, and then gone out and got someone with the power of John Bonham and the technique of Topper of the Clash.

weve played a blinder! no more yellow submarines here, matey!

"Mean old Levy, taught them to weep and moan....."

No. I used to work for a leading boutique immigration firm many years ago, which is where my training came from originally. Worked at various firms since then, including a couple of the big city firms. Work for myself now. Don't like the city firms. Hours are too long and I'm getting too old and lazy for that shit.
Now you hone your chamber skills on here with our Archie.

:eriksenserious:

tenor.gif

Entry clearance approval.

The club will have instructed one of the magic circle law firms to handle it. They will have contacts at the Home Office who will seek Tier 2 Sportsperson approval (the "work permit"). That can be done quickly if you know the right people. It'll then be up to the entry clearance officer in our Paris consulate to approve entry. Usually takes a week or two in commercial cases like this.

There's nothing stopping him signing a contract with the club in the meantime and it being registered with the footballing authorities. We'd just include a provision that failure to obtain entry clearance would void the contract and render him a free agent.
So in this interim +/- 2 week period I assume playing in any competition would be out of the question, but could he train with us, or would he have to dress as Chirpy or wear some other comedy outfit?

So in this interim +/- 2 week period I assume playing in any competition would be out of the question, but could he train with us, or would he have to dress as Chirpy or wear some other comedy outfit?
Well, given that he needs entry clearance to enter the country I doubt he'll be training with us! Think about it! ;)

Of course, if the Tier 2 part is approved quickly then it's well within the powers of the ECO to deal with entry clearance expediently and you would hope the club's lawyers would push pressure on the consulate to do so.

I have to say that given the amount of time Aurier has been in France you'd think PSG or an earlier club would've encouraged him to apply for French naturalisation, which would have removed the need for a visa (albeit the conviction would still be a problem until overturned).

Well, given that he needs entry clearance to enter the country I doubt he'll be training with us! Think about it! ;)

Of course, if the Tier 2 part is approved quickly then it's well within the powers of the ECO to deal with entry clearance expediently and you would hope the club's lawyers would push pressure on the consulate to do so.

I have to say that given the amount of time Aurier has been in France you'd think PSG or an earlier club would've encouraged him to apply for French naturalisation, which would have removed the need for a visa (albeit the conviction would still be a problem until overturned).
I have a feeling he tried last year and failed - either that, or the application is still pending. He also failed in a previous attempt 10 or 11 years ago. His application was denied then because of his involvement in a college brawl.

Seems like a nice bloke!

I have a feeling he tried last year and failed - either that, or the application is still pending. He also failed in a previous attempt 10 or 11 years ago. His application was denied then because of his involvement in a college brawl.

Seems like a nice bloke!
Well, that might explain it. For British Citizenship you have to have good character. Probably similar in France.

Back
Top Bottom