Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A message for Serge.

eh-eh-alright.jpg

I posted about him on the Juve thread so I wont re-post everything I put there, but I just don't think he can get that rash challenging from behind out of his game. When he made that terrible challenge earlier in the season and all the pundits and media was on him saying it was a terrible tackle, he had probably made at least 5 or 6 tackles prior to that this season that was just as bad.

I love a strong or last ditch tackle, but he seems reckless and a bit of a danger in my opinion. When he gets the ball by tackling people from behind with that hooking motion, looks great, but every time he does it I just wonder if he will get the ball the next time and get us into trouble by getting sent off or giving away some sort of dangerous set piece.

He was really poor. Didn't have one cross tonight?

And giving the ball away, couple of times he just missing our players. I thought he was experience. Trippier should start at Wembley.
Aurier now suspended for the return leg as picked up another Yellow card. Trippier will start but can he cope with Costa's speed. Need Toby back to cover.

Aurier still raw, but will not write any player off whilst Poch is in charge. Especially a full / wing back.

Look at the progress Trippier / Davies / Rose / Walker have all made when coached well.

Mad what a few weeks does, last month if aksed Trips or Aurier first choice most would of said Aurier, but in the last 3 PL matches, Trips has been abosutely immense against top opposition (the biggest doubt of his game was can he play against high quality players).

I greatly wish that we could shuffle our fullbacks around, so that Davies and Rose were the starting, natural left and right backs, and that Trippier and Aurier were the back-ups in those positions.

we've seen both Rose and Walker do similar things in the past Davies also, they now mostly have this behind them... Aurier will learn. That being said he seems a little off the pace to me and his reluctance to get an early ball in the box is a worry. it's not always about the ball going to a player but the ball being in a dangerous area where it can be attacked. This is where Poch and his team have to earn their bread and butter with coaching... He is only a few month into a new team and his first priority is learning the system.

Aurier still raw, but will not write any player off whilst Poch is in charge. Especially a full / wing back.

Look at the progress Trippier / Davies / Rose / Walker have all made when coached well.

Agreed. I am really surprised people want him out when he clearly has all the raw ingredients to make it. He needs to learn a few things but that's a Poch speciality, especially when it comes to full backs. Give him time it's his first year in the prem

Mad what a few weeks does, last month if aksed Trips or Aurier first choice most would of said Aurier, but in the last 3 PL matches, Trips has been abosutely immense against top opposition (the biggest doubt of his game was can he play against high quality players).

And I don’t think he can

Unless he gets cover Costa will mince him

Great post.

Much better than the knee jerk, pretend spurs fan bunch of fickle cunts who want Aurier out. Thanks for adding some much needed support for Aurier and sanity to this thread!

And people wonder why we get called 'fickle'. Fuck off you melting bunch of mouth breathers.

His worse game in a Spurs jersey by a good distance. But not about to make blanket statements via one bad performance and give him the benefit of the doubt. He's been massive in other games so let's keep the faith peops

Was it though? Seemes to me that he's as bad at crossing, as poor going forwards, and as much of a liability defensively, in every game he plays for us.

Has the physical and technical tools needed for the position, but severely lacking the mental bit.

Back
Top Bottom