Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stellini makes it sound like there will be a lot of changes, I think we will be in trouble if we do that.

This team has shown repeatedly that if the core players do not start, especially in an away game, we are unlikely to win. We’ve seen it so many times in fixtures like this.

Stellini makes it sound like there will be a lot of changes, I think we will be in trouble if we do that.

This team has shown repeatedly that if the core players do not start, especially in an away game, we are unlikely to win. We’ve seen it so many times in fixtures like this.
giphy.gif

I didn’t hear what he said, but glad it’s not just playing the same XI over and over like conte would do.

2-4 changes here is healthy. Might be a good time for Skipp and Sarr at CM. Porro at wing back. Play Emerson on the left if we don’t want to drop him. Danjuma Richy Kulu up front and Kane/son as emergency subs.

Rotation is about making your squad stronger and keeping more players in form and in rhythm.

It's meant to mean that you don't put out a weakened side, you put out a side that's full of in-form players that can do the job.
Unfortunately conte up to now hasn’t rotated much or given enough minutes to players so that they are all match ready.

Generally speaking it won’t win you cups. I’m not a winning a domestic cup is everything type of person but there are plenty who are.

Putting a player on once every two weeks - like our Europe’s conference campaign doesn’t work.

But we are not good at “rotating” players by playing them more in the league or subbing them off to rest them. Maybe the new guy is better than conte at this side of the game.

But Skipp is only getting minutes due to injuries.
Personally think Richarlison could have played more league minutes earlier in the season
Yes defo! If everyone is getting minutes makes it easier to drop players in and out. Pep does it all the time at city. Also keeps players on edge gives them that extra little incentive to perform well. Classic case being son, dier, lloris and PEH. They e had enough shit performances this season but know conte is gonna pick them. If say Sarr or skipp came in for PEH and played with benta does anyone think we be drastically worse?

The very simple irony that, in discussing the importance and priority of a trophy, you're not able to free yourself of the concern/desire for top 4.

You're not alone - in fact, I understand - but that's the dichotomy.

Yes, we can all say "I'd be happy without top 4 IF we won a trophy", but you can't gear yourself that way unless you're prepared to end up with neither and face the ramifications to our 'stature', finances and appeal in the trf market........ Then what happens after two or three years of such......?

Answer: 6,7, 8th place for a few years and you meet a rampant Man City in a couple of cup finals and semi's and lose..... All of a sudden you have a whining fanbase; bitching about being a "mid-table team", calling for managers to be sacked, hating on the players for being bottlers and so forth, Europa conference games that no-one wants to go to and decreasing revenues as a result..... And wherever that potentially spirals to next.

They're not really............ Money is sadly still (and increasingly) the bottom line in terms of competition for players, wages and trophies.
Fuck me you are boring.

You could bore the cocaine bear back into hibernation.

I certainly am hoping we can land the cup and no reason we can't get a top four spot as well.I think winning cups is important for us as unless we get serious investment we are unlikely to win the league and also unlikely to get the breaks we did to make the CL final again in a hurry . We have got top four several times and it didn't result in a huge improvement in our transfer dealing under Levy and that is not going to change with him in charge .So I would be happy to bag some cups until we can get to the next level as a club .
I certainly am hoping we can land the cup and no reason we can't get a top four spot as well.I think winning cups is important for us as unless we get serious investment we are unlikely to win the league and also unlikely to get the breaks we did to make the CL final again in a hurry . We have got top four several times and it didn't result in a huge improvement in our transfer dealing under Levy and that is not going to change with him in charge .So I would be happy to bag some cups until we can get to the next level as a club .
no reason for both as we have enough quality plus so far we’ve not faced any PL teams so had the chance to rotate although Portsmouth we still need harry.

We deserve to go out if shit like Perisic, Sanchez, Moura and Tangana come in. Blind sabotage

Unfortunately conte up to now hasn’t rotated much or given enough minutes to players so that they are all match ready.
He’s given too much rotation to some, and not enough to others. Skipp, Sarr, Richy etc have done well, and deserved more. Sanchez and Tangana shouldn’t have started a single game and have played too often for their ability

Yes defo! If everyone is getting minutes makes it easier to drop players in and out. Pep does it all the time at city. Also keeps players on edge gives them that extra little incentive to perform well. Classic case being son, dier, lloris and PEH. They e had enough shit performances this season but know conte is gonna pick them. If say Sarr or skipp came in for PEH and played with benta does anyone think we be drastically worse?

Yeah I was going to mention pep but didn’t bother in the end.

But his use of ageuro as he aged was the opposite of what we do with Kane.

Kane is the 3rd most used player in the premier league.
Which is nuts when you see that 7 of the top 20 are GKs.

Back
Top Bottom