Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is nothing likeable about this club anymore. Nothing.

It's beige, it's dead and an embarrassment to us fans.

Week in week out we're just fed dogbab and a load of dross by players that just don't care.

The chairman is a cunt, Enic are cunts.
Same shit players are here 5 years on! Nuno, Mourinho, Conte, how the fuck have i survived this? I´m hanging on by a thread now!

morbid death GIF by weinventyou

Kane with a massively fucked up header when it was easier to hit the target.
To be fair, the commentators said that the ball was too far behind him and that it wasn't an easy header but that it was one they would expect Kane, specifically, to score because of his incredibly high standards for finishing and heading. Sometimes we forget just how far Kane is beyond the average striker on which xG models are based. The xG for that chance was about 0.3x.

He had a poor game, but/because he didn't get to do much of anything. He came on in the 64th(?) minute because Sheffield were starting to show signs of taking hold of the match and Spurs were creating nothing. Sheffield scored within minutes of the sub, after which they dominated. And there's not much a single CF substitution can do to reverse that. If you're going to bring Kane on to combat a team starting to dominate possession, you also need to bring on other progressive players further down the pitch. Kane/Kulu/Skipp probably should've been made earlier as a single round of subs.

Sheffield United are a good team and N'Diaye is one of the 2-3 best players in the championship.

So we really need an explanation as to why that team was chosen, it's just bizarre. We start Kane against Portsmouth and Preston and then bench him tonight... mind boggling

I'm done. Sky sports being cancelled. Membership cancelled. I won't spend another penny on this shit for some time.

Rest half the first team when we had a chance to win the fa cup.

Sanchez, dier, peh, Davies, perisic, sess, tanganga, moura, Forster are not good enough for the squad. Most of them have been here for years.

With the money spent on ndombele, richarlison and lo celso ( £140m?) we could have bought two champions league quality defenders and a proper long term replacement for lloris. You build teams from the back first. If anyone at the club thinks that any of our defenders, besides Romero, are good enough we should be worried.

Recruitment and a lack of a coherent football strategy have cost us and will continue to. I have no confidence in the clubs leadership, scouting or youth development. Paratici is a fraud, what gems has he unearthed? He has only successfully signed players from juventus. Jury still out on richarlison and porro.

I honestly think I could do a better job at instilling a club culture, vision and strategy than the morons running the club at the moment.

Play brave attacking football. Buy young hungry footballers with a high level technical proficiency. Freshen the squad every year, no players hanging around for 8 years stealing a wage. Hire coaches who play brave attacking football. Start taking calculated financial risks on players who are worth the extra few million. Be prepared to sell players for a loss. And so on.
Happy El Loco GIF by Olympique de Marseille

Sheffield United are a good team and N'Diaye is one of the 2-3 best players in the championship.

So we really need an explanation as to why that team was chosen, it's just bizarre. We start Kane against Portsmouth and Preston and then bench him tonight... mind boggling

Kane didn't play a single minute vs Preston; let alone start.

Son (Danjuma) / Perisic / Kulu played and got the job done.

This is exactly why I said that Kane has to start, and that benching him sends the wrong message to the team. It's very easy to say that the squad thought it was an "easy game", well why wouldn't they? You acted like it was an easy game! You would never bench Kane for a hard game would you? This is why I wanted him rested vs Wolves. You could see this coming a mile away.

Totally agree. Perisic needs to be given a free in the summer and i would listen to offers for both Son and Hojbjerg. Sanchez a given that he needs to go and thankfully Moura is off. So much work to do its scary.
We'll end up buying 1-2 players in the 30-40m range and do a couple of bits on loan and that will be it. We never do much more than that in a summer.
And I totally agree its scary how much we deadwood we need to shift and how much we need to bring in, we are close to needed a full overhaul. But we don't do it. It's always band aid patches with ENIC.

The squad will continue to deteroriate. Kane will be gone and I hope he smashes it elsewhere and wins some pots, he doesn't deserve this.

We are in deep trouble unless we get new owners.

This is exactly why I said that Kane has to start, and that benching him sends the wrong message to the team. It's very easy to say that the squad thought it was an "easy game", well why wouldn't they? You acted like it was an easy game! You would never bench Kane for a hard game would you? This is why I wanted him rested vs Wolves. You could see this coming a mile away.

If Kane playing is the only thing that can keep them motivated, then that's dreadful from both the management and players,

We just spent 60m quid on a back up ST but we still can't rest Kane 'cuz motivation levels'???

....Fuck that; address the root problem. That's what our £15m per year so-called ass kicker is paid for.

Last edited:
Guy i was stood next to watching this game in the pub said “ well , I’m glad we went out this, so we can concentrate on AC Milan “

Just no words , absolutely no words. !
Let’s concentrate on a competition that we are going to get knocked out of , to then try and qualify again

I think I’m done . Was born in the 80’s… I’m a dinosaur… I’ve got nothing left.

What’s the point

Imagine going to a really strong championship side on a wet midweek, on national TV and picking Dier, Sanchez, Davies and Lucas. And then imagine doing that and expecting to win.

Barmy. The lot of them are Barmy.

What is it going to take for our stupid players to stop turning up to lower league away grounds in the FA Cup and League cup with the attitude that the game is already won?? Seriously, this is a problem that’s been going on for years, we will NEVER win a trophy if this doesn’t f****** change!!

Guy i was stood next to watching this game in the pub said “ well , I’m glad we went out this, so we can concentrate on AC Milan “

Just no words , absolutely no words. !
Let’s concentrate on a competition that we are going to get knocked out of , to then try and qualify again

I think I’m done . Was born in the 80’s… I’m a dinosaur… I’ve got nothing left.

What’s the point
I got told I was making shit up when I pointed out similar comments in this thread, the comments in question are still there for all to see. it's an uncomfortable truth that some of our fan base has bought into this top four trophy thing.
They've Basically been gaslighted for decades by Sky.
For me Spurs has always been a cup team,. It's very clear we aren't even interested in paying any respect to these competitions, let alone winning them.

Like you I question the point in it all.

And I just find myself hating these players and the owners more by the day.

Pathetic mentality from a team of bottlers and a managerial ethos that rigidly never moves from using 3 centre backs against any fucking opposition regardless of who they are, whether it's home or away.

And well played Sheff U, wanted it all game long, desire gets you a long way in football
Conte would probably play a Back 5 against Barnet at home

Clueless and gutless you are fella. On here all the time tells me everything about you....your a retard 😂😂. Spiderspurs 😂😂😂. What a useless fucker in life you are. Virgin kid???? I'd bet 100k you are
Rein it in please, we're all angry and upset after tonight's game but no need to turn on each other like this.
And I agree with everyone else that Dier was probably the least worse of our defenders tonight.

A flat, miserable performance against a not-very-good Championship team who, apart from a few minutes, were less than mediocre. I thought they would put us under more pressure but they didn’t which just goes to show how bad we were. We offered absolutely nothing at all.

The entire right side of the defense were at fault for a well taken goal but special kudos to Davinson Sanchez, I guess.

Richarlison? Donkey’s ass. Banjo. Water. Boat. You get the drift.

There goes our last chance of silverware 22/23. Now it’s imperative that we finish 4th. It’s not a consolation but necessary if we want to keep Harry and keep the rebuild going.

Back
Top Bottom