Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm done. Sky sports being cancelled. Membership cancelled. I won't spend another penny on this shit for some time.

Rest half the first team when we had a chance to win the fa cup.

Sanchez, dier, peh, Davies, perisic, sess, tanganga, moura, Forster are not good enough for the squad. Most of them have been here for years.

With the money spent on ndombele, richarlison and lo celso ( £140m?) we could have bought two champions league quality defenders and a proper long term replacement for lloris. You build teams from the back first. If anyone at the club thinks that any of our defenders, besides Romero, are good enough we should be worried.

Recruitment and a lack of a coherent football strategy have cost us and will continue to. I have no confidence in the clubs leadership, scouting or youth development. Paratici is a fraud, what gems has he unearthed? He has only successfully signed players from juventus. Jury still out on richarlison and porro.

I honestly think I could do a better job at instilling a club culture, vision and strategy than the morons running the club at the moment.

Play brave attacking football. Buy young hungry footballers with a high level technical proficiency. Freshen the squad every year, no players hanging around for 8 years stealing a wage. Hire coaches who play brave attacking football. Start taking calculated financial risks on players who are worth the extra few million. Be prepared to sell players for a loss. And so on.
:levylol: :contelol::levylol:

You see it's quite simple. ENIC/Levy have continuously failed when it comes to football-related decision making, which has manifested in consistent failure on the pitch, i.e, tonight.
Sorry that makes no sense to me. It's not Levy;'s fault that Richarlison's shot nearly went out for a throw in.

We have better players than Sheffield Utd, it's just that they don't often gel. together. It's not levy's responsibility to ensure that they do is it?

Last edited:
We’re so pathetic. We’ll probably get to the CL final, the other team won’t turn up and we’ll still lose.
Chicago Med Nbc GIF by One Chicago

The same players that have been costing our club for the last half decade are the reasons we will never win anything meaningful with them in the side. Simple as.

Got in at 3.32am.
All to see us lose to Brentford From Wish.
On the same day as last year.
Championship side again.
The same red & white.
Practically the same stadium it felt like.
The same scoreline, conceded near the end again (at least we didn't have the extra 30 minutes).
Cheers fellas.
Same time next year but at Sunderland?

Numb is a good word. Honestly. How much love can you give something when you get so little back? We had to win this and I can’t believe I got myself excited and thought we had a genuine chance. This is ENIC FC and the players were just dreadful. All of them. So much effort from the fans to get up for this too. You could hear Spurs all around Sheffield city centre. Disgraceful performance and there should be consequences… but there won’t be.
There will be no consequences, these types of performances are not a shock instead expected.
The club is deeply ingrained in failure, this result will just be put on the roll of honour, alongside previous meek efforts.
No point being annoyed anymore, I fully expect to be beaten in this fashion on a regular basis.

Totally unacceptable to lose to a fucking Championship side.

Our recruitment is bollocks. Our tactics are dogshit. The effort levels from most of our players are unacceptable. We haven't won a trophy since 2008 and based off last night's clusterfuck, that isn't going to change any time soon.

Heads need to roll, starting from the top.

Swap the back 3 tonight with Sheff Utd's and we win that game.
Tottenham assistant manager Cristian Stellini speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "If you don't win a game like this its because something was not perfect and today our energy was not enough to put the opponent in a great difficulty.

"We had opportunities to score, but now we have to analyse the goal we conceded. In the moment if you concede a goal you need time to recover.

"There was more energy from the changes, but we have to improve a lot.

"I can only apologise to the fans for our performance and they deserve much more than this."

:lamelaaghh:
If the energy wasn’t high enough why not make some subs at half time? Or even at 30 minutes to make a statement that this isn’t good enough. We could all see where this was going by that point

This club in a nutshell.

"Boo hoo I haven't won trophies at Tottenham"

*fails to turn up in important games to win them*

What did it used to blare out the tannoy before the matches? The game is about glory? To dare is to do? Fuck off with that bollocks.

This club in a nutshell.

"Boo hoo I haven't won trophies at Tottenham"

*fails to turn up in important games to win them*

What did it used to blare out the tannoy before the matches? The game is about glory? To dare is to do? Fuck off with that bollocks.

‘’To dare is to do’’ is basically a parody slogan. We are the exact opposite of our motto.

Season is basically done. We ain’t winning the CL and coming 4th isn’t a trophy.

That was our chance for something great. All gone and Kane will probably be off to.

Not one bit surprised this morning. Saw the team sheet and guessed the outcome.

One day people willl learn. Not sure when.

Looking back through the pre match thread a lot wanted Danjuma to start last night. That’s an issue for me.

A player with 11 minutes premier league experience against a team at home riding high in the championship.

Type of comments about dropping first team players and “that team will be good enough”.

Our league rotation is shit and that translates to players not being ready to play. Sarr 136 minutes. Porro 76 minutes. Moura 94 minutes. That’s 33% of our outfield players with about 300 minutes between them.

Top 4 is our everything. It’s plain to see.

What’s more worrying is that our reliance on Kane is making Peps sarcastic comment true. 2236 minutes played. In 25 games. Ridiculous. Fucking madness.

Back
Top Bottom