Should Levy Go Too?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Levy go with AVB?

• Yes

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 61.5%

• Total voters
The teams that went for it and failed didn't have the necessary cash. Chelsea and City went for it and succeeded because they have, and continue to have, the necessary cash. For a while Blackburn, a smaller club than us most would agree, had the cash and succeeded. then the cash disappeared and so did they.

Cash is king, the Prem is capitalism writ large. The teams with the most cash win most prizes, it's very simple.

The only way to break the Utd/Pool/Woolwich cartel is through stacks of cash. City and Chelsea have done it that way. Until we get rid of ENIC or they change their ways we'll be looking in from the outside, with a very occasional trophy or CL outing to keep us (un)happy.

Money talks, loads of money talks louder.

I don't care who we get as manager, while we've got ENIC and our present stadium we won't win the Prem or CL. Even a new stadium is unlikely to do the trick if ENIC drain off a major part of the income to pay for building it.

Personally, I'd rather be part of a football club, which pays its bills using our gate receipts, TV money (which comes from people who want to watch that club), merchandise etc. I'd hate for Tottenham Hotspur to be the plaything of a billionaire – especially one that's become a billionaire by accident of birth or murky (at best) business practises. Even if we were at the bottom of the conference, I'd prefer it to being whored.

The teams that went for it and failed didn't have the necessary cash. Chelsea and City went for it and succeeded because they have, and continue to have, the necessary cash. For a while Blackburn, a smaller club than us most would agree, had the cash and succeeded. then the cash disappeared and so did they.

Cash is king, the Prem is capitalism writ large. The teams with the most cash win most prizes, it's very simple.

The only way to break the Utd/Pool/Woolwich cartel is through stacks of cash. City and Chelsea have done it that way. Until we get rid of ENIC or they change their ways we'll be looking in from the outside, with a very occasional trophy or CL outing to keep us (un)happy.

Money talks, loads of money talks louder.

I don't care who we get as manager, while we've got ENIC and our present stadium we won't win the Prem or CL. Even a new stadium is unlikely to do the trick if ENIC drain off a major part of the income to pay for building it.

Would you prefer we had stacks of cash and success (trophies) or financial stability and a highly competitive team (achieving consistent top 5 finishes and in European competition)?

Would you prefer we had stacks of cash and success (trophies) or financial stability and a highly competitive team (achieving consistent top 5 finishes and in European competition)?

The latter as long term success will get us more trophies/ better players in the long run...
Don't mind greaves he still lives in the 50's, 60's and 70's were the cups actually meant something...

That seems good but it tends to get our managers the boot....:harrysmile::avbhumph::bmj:
Not many managers stick around for longer than a couple of seasons. The Fergie's and Wenger's of this world are few and far between. You don't even have to do a shit job - Guardiola walked, Heynckes left, Mourinho chose to leave both Inter and Real Madrid. Managers pick and choose as well as getting sacked. Modern day attitude seems to be "I've achieved all I can, I'm off for a new challenge" - rather than staying with a club long term.

God I envy our dirty, despicable red neighbours for their managerial stability!! :levywhoa:

Personally, I'd rather be part of a football club, which pays its bills using our gate receipts, TV money (which comes from people who want to watch that club), merchandise etc. I'd hate for Tottenham Hotspur to be the plaything of a billionaire – especially one that's become a billionaire by accident of birth or murky (at best) business practises. Even if we were at the bottom of the conference, I'd prefer it to being whored.
No problems with that. I'd rather us be top of the league and winning trophies, each to their own:thumbup::thumbup:

Not many managers stick around for longer than a couple of seasons. The Fergie's and Wenger's of this world are few and far between. You don't even have to do a shit job - Guardiola walked, Heynckes left, Mourinho chose to leave both Inter and Real Madrid. Managers pick and choose as well as getting sacked. Modern day attitude seems to be "I've achieved all I can, I'm off for a new challenge" - rather than staying with a club long term.

God I envy our dirty, despicable red neighbours for their managerial stability!! :levywhoa:

well I'd classify all 3 of them Jol, Arry and AVB as being fired how ever the club/mejaah try to paint it

Levy seems to be a hard person to get along with over any sustained period of time. If he gets the stadium built it will all be worth it but I have my doubts about that too.....

Easily stacks of cash and trophies. I've been wanting ENIC to be replaced for years by a billionaire benefactor. But while they're here, I try to be as fair to them as possible. (Not that they give a fuck about mug punters like me)

My current rating of them, FWIW, over the past 13 years is they've done ok, no more, no less.

Easily stacks of cash and trophies. I've been wanting ENIC to be replaced for years by a billionaire benefactor. But while they're here, I try to be as fair to them as possible. (Not that they give a fuck about mug punters like me)

My current rating of them, FWIW, over the past 13 years is they've done ok, no more, no less.

They've pretty much done what they're expected to do off the pitch business wise but consistently made an absolute hash of appointing the most important position at a footy club the manager.

Yeah, fair enough. It wouldn't be "us" though. It'd be the owner.
It would be 'us' to me as much as it is now. You really think ENIC care about you, I'm damn sure they don't care about me. I'm just Sky fodder to them now that I don't go to games anymore. They don't like my sort there, I make too much noise and commotion :)

If I thought seriously about this too much, I'd probably stop talking about 'us' now. But while I continue to do so, the 'us' doesn't include ENIC. Really, it's about a 50 year plus bond between me, the players on the pitch, supporters I get on with. In fact is it even that? More like a sad addiction I'm lumbered with to help pass the time till I get a ride in a big black car to the crematorium. Assuming my family pay for it of course :)

When you look at the way our fans are treated, do ENIC come across as caring about us? Sky high prices, stewards on people's backs, (oo er missus). Are we really treated any better than City or Chelsea fans. We're just cash cows to be milked, and get told off if we moo too loud.

Mooooo-moooo :eek:

It would be 'us' to me as much as it is now. You really think ENIC care about you, I'm damn sure they don't care about me. I'm just Sky fodder to them now that I don't go to games anymore. They don't like my sort there, I make too much noise and commotion :)

If I thought seriously about this too much, I'd probably stop talking about 'us' now. But while I continue to do so, the 'us' doesn't include ENIC. Really, it's about a 50 year plus bond between me, the players on the pitch, supporters I get on with. In fact is it even that? More like a sad addiction I'm lumbered with to help pass the time till I get a ride in a big black car to the crematorium. Assuming my family pay for it of course :)

You've got a point. The bold part makes me all :vdvcry::klinsmann:

For every Chelsea, City and PSG there's an Anzhi and a Malaga. No thanks. Levy needs to rectify this situation immediately, sacking AVB and relying on 2 days preparation from an interim manager for a cup quarterfinal was fucking thick. If AVB had to go he should have put the club's best interests first and have someone permanent lined up before sacking him.

Back
Top Bottom