Should NES drop Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should the manager drop Kane

• yes

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • no

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • not yet but if things dont improve it can't be ruled out.

Votes: 34 29.8%

• Total voters
Ever since November 2014 kane has been the first name on the sheet. A talismanic hero for spurs. He has only ever been dropped for injuries or playing minor fixtures. Yesterday performance was a genuine worry. I have seen Kane have a few bad games but I have never seen him not caring. Against Chelsea a fixture that made him he showed little desire for the fight.

So it's a big question. Should he be dropped. Would a strong manager accept such a performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we have to be brutally honest with ourselves; if it were any other player and they weren’t performing, would we calling for them to be dropped? Of course we would

My only question is - for who?
We only have Scarlett and I dont think hes ready yet
It's on levy we have no other strikers - at least if we had another viable option Kane would have to pull his finger out or would be benched

Harry is obviously a fantastic talent. But if his head is not in it and if he is physically not able to press for 90 minutes then there is merit in dropping him.

Bergwijn, Son and Lucas showed that they could press as a unit in the City game. And I think that if we have a attacking line that can press for 90 minutes that could allow us to let Tanguy slow down so he doesn't run himself out in less than an hour.

The press that we saw in the first half against Chelsea is never going to work on a consistent basis if we have both a striker and a midfielder that peter out early. We can work around one, not the other.

Having someone to rotate with Harry would of course be ideal. But we are stuck with what we have until January.

Even if we played worse football in those early season games we were still incredibly hard to break down and we limited teams like City and Wolves to tricky shots and few clear cut scoring chances. Harry says that he is committed but I wonder if him coming back has disjointed the locker room? Like others have said I'd give him the Woolwich game and if he is not up for that then we have to make a decision.

Last edited:
Is Kane really the issue or symptomatic of our whole teams demise?

We have two of the best attacking players in the league and can't carve out a shot let alone a goal!

It's ridiculous to be moaning about one of the best players in the league when you look at what he's got behind him and how bereft of creativity we are.

if you think he's the main issue you are looking for a scapegoat in the wrong place

Not yet.

Kane has ALWAYS had shit games, even when in generally decent form. It's often masked stat wise because he'd then bag 2 in the following game - I used to get abuse for mentioning it, often from non-Spurs mates who didn't see his poor matches.

As mentioned, he has a great record against Woolwich. Leave him in for that. But he's not immune to being dropped, although you do need an alternative to bring in...!

If he needs to for tactical reasons then yes otherwise keep him in unless his form remain shit. Doesn’t help however we haven’t yet got a decent attacking plan for the team.

My only question is - for who?
We only have Scarlett and I dont think hes ready yet
It's on levy we have no other strikers - at least if we had another viable option Kane would have to pull his finger out or would be benched
The kid isn't ready but at this point I'd give the boy a chance and rather play a player that wants to be here that puts in the effort over one that doesn't.

Yes, but for who? We don't have another striker. If we did, I'd accept Kane on the bench.

Maybe we could try a new tactic as our squad is almost as weak as the dishwater served out of the vending machine at work, 10 players, don't bother with a striker, who knows it might catch on

kane has liability. He seems to avoid getting in the box and prefers hanging on the wing or midfield. He cost us the Champions league final . He’s just a very naughty (spoilt) boy. He must be dropped and Scarlet put in his place against Woolwich. Next NES must be sacked. Mason should be put in as a caretaker manger.

No, just instruct him to play further forward and Nuno has to work with the team to create more chances for Kane.

Fucks sake we already have so few goalscorers and yet I see people wanting Kane dropped and Bergwijn and Lucas in the team instead. World's gone mad.

Back
Top Bottom