Should NES drop Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should the manager drop Kane

• yes

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • no

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • not yet but if things dont improve it can't be ruled out.

Votes: 34 29.8%

• Total voters
His performances are the direct result of him being constantly lauded for being "too good" for the team, his summer tantrum, and us stupidly having no competition for his place.

Yes ideally he could be dropped for a couple of games but there's such a dearth of attacking talent behind him it'll be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Even Burnley have 3 strikers. It's ridiculous.

The only way is to find a system that works to get him scoring.

No.

Actually try to get his team-mates to, you know, create chances for him. Just every now and again. Would you want Kane on the end of things or Scarlett or Moura?!

Levy doesn’t hirer competent managers.I wouldn’t be surprised if his next failure would be spot kicks. Kane doesn’t want to be at our club he just hangs around like a bad smell drawing all our dosh.

Drop him and play (insert comedic name here) instead.

We have one striker. Can’t drop him. But his form stinks and he should be dropped.

Well done :levylol:

no because even a wantaway, demotivated Kane, is still a bigger attacking threat than everyone else.

What we should have done is swallowed some pride and sold him in the Summer and used it to buy 2 hungry 22/23 year olds who wanted to be here.

He's not playing anywhere near well enough to deserve a starting place, but could you say the same for a lot of our squad.

If not Kane, then who do we put up front? I can't see that we have much option but to start him tbh and hope to fuck he comes good. We need our attacking options ON the pitch and unfortunately that will have to be regardless of form because we did not sign a striker this summer.

Kane playing where he played in the first half yesterday was tactical, not some strop on his part. And it worked to a point, without yielding goals. I think with Bergwijn or Gil playing on the wing and removing Dele or Gio in that first half we really could have made use of the space created in a more effective way.

Second half, Tuchel makes a good change, they assume control and score from a corner and then a deflected own goal. They're a much better side than us, as well drilled a defence as there is in Europe, and none of our forwards got a sniff in the second half. Dropping Kane would be a nonsense call unless he's a problem behind the scenes.

Last edited:
My only question is - for who?
We only have Scarlett and I dont think hes ready yet
It's on levy we have no other strikers - at least if we had another viable option Kane would have to pull his finger out or would be benched

Yes, but for who? We don't have another striker. If we did, I'd accept Kane on the bench.

And play who instead?

The obvious immediate solution is Son @ CF+ 2 wide-men.

Kane playing where he played in the first half yesterday was tactical, not some strop on his part. And it worked to a point, without yielding goals. I think with Bergwijn or Gil playing on the wing and removing Dele or Gio in that first half we really could have made use of the space created in a more effective way.

Second half, Tuchel makes a good change, they assume control and score from a corner and then a deflected own goal. They're a much better side than us, as well drilled a defence as there is in Europa, and none of our forwards got a sniff in the second half. Dropping Kane would be a nonsense call unless he's a problem behind the scenes.

You're talking sense. It's not allowed here. Can an admin ban this guy?

no because even a wantaway, demotivated Kane, is still a bigger attacking threat than everyone else.

What we should have done is swallowed some pride and sold him in the Summer and used it to buy 2 hungry 22/23 year olds who wanted to be here.

Then what City should've done is stumped up the cash instead of splurging it on Jack Grealish,

Be quiet Matt. I'm telling you.

I do think his mobility is an issue now. Especially against the better sides where we need to press and be at it for 90 mins.

It would be interesting to see Son, Lucas and Bergjwin with a decent midfield behind them.

But we all know he will never be dropped.

I do think his mobility is an issue now. Especially against the better sides where we need to press and be at it for 90 mins.

It would be interesting to see Son, Lucas and Bergjwin with a decent midfield behind them.

But we all know he will never be dropped.

Yeah, it will be really interesting to see two of a front three that rarely score in the Premier League, and have all of four Premier League goals between them last season.

Wonderful proposal. Mind you, I think they'll do quite well in the Championship.

Yeah, it will be really interesting to see two of a front three that rarely score in the Premier League, and have all of four Premier League goals between them last season.

Wonderful proposal. Mind you, I think they'll do quite well in the Championship.
Well last time they played against a decent side we beat City 1-0 quite comfortably. And that was with the dynamic trio of Skipp/Dele/PEH behind them.

This week we got pumped 3-0 in case you missed it.

Kane's ability in the box isn't much use if he hasn't got the legs to get there anymore.

Back
Top Bottom