Should NES drop Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should the manager drop Kane

• yes

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • no

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • not yet but if things dont improve it can't be ruled out.

Votes: 34 29.8%

• Total voters
I will go no because, even at his best, Kane has had shit periods. He has always played himself into form in the past and since we don't really have much in the way of alternatives, I think we have to give him the chance to play his way into form again. And an in-form Kane helps the team more than an in-form Lucas/Bergwijn.

Half the trouble has been when Kane isnt playing well we have never subbed him, mainly because there has been no one to sub him for.

Often not the case tbf.

Right now isn't good and Jansen was a bust; I won't argue otherwise there, but Llorente had come off a 14 goal season in a poor Swansea yet he was left to rust until Kane got injured..... Even last year, we could have made better use of Vinicius.

Kane had the 'golden-boy' pass..... Maybe he'd earned it in some respects, but when he's getting subbed ON against Rochdale even though we're already smashing them, then something's wrong.

Last edited:

He certainly has the track record to appeal for perseverance. I guess the alt. mindset would state he's never looked dis-interested before.

Personally, I certainly wanna give him a fair crack against the scum.

Often not the case tbf.

Right now isn't good and Jansen was a bust; I won't argue otherwise there, but Llorente had come off a 14 goal season in a poor Swansea yet he was left to rust until Kane got injured..... Even last year, we could have made better use of Vinicius.

Kane had the 'golden-boy' pass..... Maybe he'd earned it in some respects, but when he's getting subbed ON against Rochdale even though you're smashing them, then something's wrong.
Kane's problem is more then likely the fact he is after personal goals too, which helps nobody but him

No, I don’t believe so. Sure, Kane is not the Kane of a few seasons past, but still a difference maker. Give him a shot at redeeming himself. Also, if I’m being very cynical; I’d want him to play good so we can also demand more for him and invest the money back into the squad. We know he wants out. Let’s also get out of it what we can. For Kane it’s business, we have to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom