Should we organise a protest/march outside the Tottenham Stadium against the ESL?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never have I even thought to try and organise a mass protest against my own club but this is a time when fans have to come together and do something to save the game we love. The game has been slipping away from fans for decades now - ever since clubs went PLC and the inception of the premier league, the soul of the game has slowly been removed. Year by year us fans have been made more and more irrelevant but we have continuously put up with it due to blind love for our club and a desire to be up there with the so called 'big boys'. Well it's that complacency that has allowed for this corporate monster that is now football, to decimate the english game with this bullshit ESL which attacks the purity of football and competition at it's core. Enough is enough - We, the people, need to take our game back and make a last stand before it's too late. I'm not being melodramatic here when I say this literally is our last chance.

So, I say we should organise a large scale protest outside the tottenham stadium - and I think protests outside the stadium of every one of the 'big six' clubs should be organized at the same time. We all need to unite together and do this as one. Football means too much to all of us and we can't let it die. COYS

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Government have the power to do lots of things.

They can place punitive taxation on the clubs playing outside the pyramid making it financially unviable.
They can make Super League football a protected industry, meaning no foreign investment meaning the clubs would be given a period they would have to sell. (and that includes Spurs as we are Bahamas owned) or be forced to relocate abroad.
They could deem the ESL due to no promotion/relegation a cartel, and therefore illegal.

Players have a lot of power also.

Clubs are breaching the players contracts they have filed, which states about the duties of clubs which this breaks, they could almost certainly walk for nothing if they desired.

Actually breaking news on Sky, Johnson has just met Manchester United Supporters Trust, and has told them he will drop a "legislative bomb" on the idea
Now this has made me angry !

The Government certainly has power, but intervention upon commercial business is not within their remit and they have no say over 14 other clubs who will be in the ESL so imagine if they prevented this, all they are doing is finishing off U.K. football as an elite competition.

But it’s all bullshit from them anyway. Easy to meet the Man U supporters trust, why is he not meeting the Man U board and giving it billy big bollocks ?

anyway is his government not more interested in PPE contracts for their mates, testing kit contracts for the Chinese and flattening the economy for everyone else.

Is this the same Boris Johnson who gave some blonde he was knobbing tax payer money but sits in moral judgement about lobbying ?

The same Boris Johnson who said he would eat an ID card and then wanted to bring in Vaccination passports ?

The same Boris Johnson who did nothing to stop City and never objected to Chelsea’s antics

the same bloke who was happy to use behavioural science on the whole population of the U.K. ?

Yeah. I’d trust him to save the day.

he is a massive gobshite who has no place in any of this and is only involved because some focus group or 20 something special adviser thinks it’s a vote winner.

arsehole

Last edited:
What do we want?
Europa Conference league football
When do we want it?
Naaaah!

Count me in, but mainly because I like shouting.

What is the point of the protest. Ultimately would it not be to protect UEFA, at the expense of the club you support?

UEFA taking a stand on any of this is laughable. Have we all forgotten the World Club Cup ? That they are trying to present themselves as virtuous in protecting football is mystifying in the extreme.

Any argument made that the ESL will ruin football is undermined when you see PSG and Man City playing in the Champions League Semi Finals. The existing model you want to protect and save enables that game to be taking place. Honestly is that worth saving ?

football has long since been busted. So why the protest now ?

No. Really don't see what all the fuss is about.

Football fans and Sky Sports etc. collectively allowed/encouraged/paid for:

- the Premier League
- the Champions League
- Abramovich takeover and spend
- Abu Dhabi takeover and spend
- Qatar takeover and spend
- 1000+ GBP season tickets
- Sky Sports subscriptions

yet this is the breaking point?

Do me a favour.

Yet another episode that demonstrates how so many people simply do not live in the 21st century and are also in denial about their complicity in it.

Club after club after club went to the wall, while PL and CL clubs bought players for 70, 80, 90m and paid them 3, 4, 500k a week, but there wasn't this outrage. Why not?

Seems manufactured to me.

Finally, spare me the anti-Americanism: American sports have salary caps, and different teams win; European football has no salary caps, and Bayern win the Bundesliga every year; Juve have won Serie A for 9 years in a row; and PSG Ligue 1 six years in a row.

The late Sunday announcement of 12 clubs "with more to be announced and further details" all screamed that some journo somewhere had something definitive and they were going to scoop it.

Whoever that bastard is probably saved things, because, as you say, otherwise they likely wait longer and have everything in order. It happens in the middle of the summer, there'd be grumbling, protests, etc. But the initial shock and furor passes, the ESL clubs all go on a summer spending spree and everyone kinda accepts it before August rolls around.

That's why I really thought they'd hold the line.
If you were to be ultra cynical you could see this as a huge 'scam' perpetrated by the big clubs in order to force UEFA to give them everything they wanted ...

Let's face it the whole debacle is weird, there has been zero attempt by the mysterious ESL to promote their idea, to tell us it's benefits, to sell it to us in anyway. No owners, chairmen, players have come out with statements in support, no documents or financial projections have been released, in fact apart from telling us "their are 12 teams already involved" what have we been told that isn't just media created gossip and pure speculation?

Now just a few days later with no financial cost, sure they got dogs abuse but they get that anyway, not only have they got UEFA to release the planned 2024 European Football structure, it would appear that structure falls in line with what UEFA just a few weeks ago had refused to concede, namely the big clubs are pretty much guaranteed entry just as they are now, the big clubs will be seeded on long term co-efficient effectively guaranteeing the same seeds every year, the big clubs will get to play home and away in a league format, again almost ensuring that the odd 'giant-killing' will not stop the same top sixteen making up the vast majority of every seasons final sixteen, and crucially that the money generated will be shared based on performance again almost guaranteeing that the vast majority goes to the big clubs.

In short the "big clubs" have got exactly what they wanted a European Super League in all but name dominated by an elite few who will suck up nearly all the cash generated, and they achieved that by creating the "ESL" which now appears to have been little more than a paper exercise.

Have we been scammed? looking at that one could easily believe that we have ......

Last edited:
May get the bus down. If no one there it is no bother, all this talk of KFC has got me wanting a chick king. I get the shits every single time I eat fried chicken, but maybe this time it will be different...🥲

Is it me ........or is anyone else left slightly underwhelmed by the rather hysterical reaction. As if something pure has some how suddenly been sullied. Have all these people clutching their pearls not been paying attention. This is English top flight soccer like everything else in this country from Bio medical sciences, manufacturing base, cultural institutions, defence procurement, health care if it moves these greedy twats have sold it. The horse bolted and the stables have been burned to the ground years ago. We have criminals and head choppers in charge of a game stolen by sky and now the yanks want to steal it from them. Couldn’t really care less. The only mistake these people made was not bunging the biggest thef Johnson first.

I'm really hoping the other clubs ban the six evolved next season from Europe and hand out the ECL EL places from them down wards. But moral outrage is a farce and the free market capital kings donning capes to the rescue is hillarous.

I'm going to use my Skywalk ticket to fling myself off the cock, screaming, "This is the death of football".

I'll be there. Going to abuse the printer at work and make some signs to share out. Need to vent, Fucking ENIC/Levy out - overstayed your welcome and you need to do one.

I fucking love America.

A lot of UK and EU citizens, especially on this forum, run America down, but that's only because they're jealous - they desperately tell themselves that their lives in rabbit hutches aren't so bad, but they'd move to America in a heartbeat if they had the skills and wherewithal to do so.
The American dream just bollocks.
It's a complete mess . It's projects a constant bloated image of success through the media while it is in chaos , which it's flag waving uneducated unwashed lap up .
Trump fans , racial divide , few can afford continued medical care , juvenile patriotism, archaic gun laws , obesity, improvised inner cities, white flight , and millions below the poverty line .
It's best days are behind in it , the 50's was it's golden age built on its economic success in WW2.
While many live well , many others are totally fucked .

Last edited:
It's a complete mess . It's projects a constant image of success through the media while it is in chaos.
Trump fans , racial divide , few can afford continued medical care , juvenile patriotism, archaic gun laws and millions below the poverty line .
It's best days are behind in it , the 50's was it's golden age built on its economic success in WW2.
While many live well , many others are totally fucked .

Yeah....but KFC counterbalances all that.

Back
Top Bottom