Should we sacrifice the PL for Europa League?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we sacrifice the PL for Europa League?

• Yes

Votes: 37 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters
I think this is a bit weak given Zagreb are the best team we've faced in this competition so far. I'd have Hojbjerg, Son, Lo Celso Reguilon in there.
Fine with resting Kane.

I think Mourinho will have one eye on Woolwich.

I think he has confidence in his Europa League side.

FFS.
Are you really paying any attention to Spurs at all, or just a pie in the sky theorist.

Rodon is not registered for Europe
Yes you're right, sorry my bad.

That's really bizarre though, as we did have the opportunity to register him for the K/O stages (for group stages he was bought too late). I wonder why we decided not to register him. Frankly I'd have him above Sanchez and Tanganga.

Team selection can only be made on a match by match basis. I never agreed with Poch in resting players for certain cup matches but to reverse the policy is not sensible either. Jose has to look at the players in training and decide who needs resting when. Now if we are say a goal down from the first leg then we need a strong team for the 2nd leg but that does not mean all of the team need resting. Injuries and suspensions also come into it. Resting Son & Kane for the same match is not sensible.
Those that remember 1991 will recall that Gazza missed many league matches at this time of the year but always seemed to be fit for the F A Cup which without him we would never have got to the final.

I'd normally say yes but tbh, I'd say we have a better chance in cup games than league games to get CL next season.
I'd also rather not be in the Ropey League next season so pushing for the CL and just missing out would be worse.

We have to, the Europa league is by definition a competition an English side should win every season as we have the best sides around 3-8th in European leagues, only really Sevilla can get in the way

You basically get pub sides we can look world beaters against every round until quarter finals

Back
Top Bottom