Sky & BT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a cost analysis here for how much it would be to watch every televised Premier League Game in the UK.

Sky Sports subscription with BT Sports both HD - £65 a month + one off £20 install fee (18 month contract)
Amazon Prime - £79 a year
BBC License Fee - £157.50 a year

That comes to £85 a month, averaged over the 18 month Sky contract.

Now the 5 games a game-week that will be on PPV are £14.95 each, That's £74.75 a game-week or £363.07 a month (assuming this going on until the end of the season, 34 game-weeks divided by 7 months until the end of the season.

So that's a possible £450 a month, or £3,150 for the whole season (plus the extra 11 months on the Sky contract) to legally watch every game available on UK TV.

A Sky Sports day pass is £9.99... that gets you 2 games on a Saturday and Sunday usually, now we have to pay £15 for just one?

They should at least give you all 5 games not televised for that price.

£15 is too much. I might have been tempted at a fiver, but no more than that. I'll stick to the stream on my firestick, I think.

I have the Now TV Sky sports mobile pass. £5.99 per month, can cancel anytime. However you can’t use it on a tablet, or stream it to a tv. You don’t get all the sky sports channels but sky sports premier league is there (so no cup games)

I won't be paying it but it is worth remembering these are the '3pm' games that were not selected for TV coverage.
There are always dodgy streams for those. Only difference now is that there is actually a legal option, albeit at a mental price.
It's the smaller Premier League teams supporters mostly impacted here. They won't be the initial TV picks so will then be all on PPV.
Be interested to see what my local pubs do. I'd spend less than that on ale during a game in my town.

I won't be paying it but it is worth remembering these are the '3pm' games that were not selected for TV coverage.
There are always dodgy streams for those. Only difference now is that there is actually a legal option, albeit at a mental price.
It's the smaller Premier League teams supporters mostly impacted here. They won't be the initial TV picks so will then be all on PPV.
Be interested to see what my local pubs do. I'd spend less than that on ale during a game in my town.
Our match against Brighton is on a Sunday evening at 7:15pm and is one of the PPV games.

This is a disgustingly low move by the money men.

Everyone is down at the prospect of a 2nd lockdown just before Christmas, shops, restaurants and pubs are closing, I have friends who have been made redundant.

And these cunts want to charge £15 a game to watch football with no fans in the stadium

get bent shitcunts

I can afford it, but just on principle, I'm not giving an organisation that treats its customers like absolute mugs any of my hard earned cash. If I can't get a stream, I'll wait until MOTD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom