Snap Poll: Ange in or out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What should Spurs do with Ange Postecoglou? (Pre Burnley)

• Sack him now

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Sack him if he loses 2-3 of the next 3

Votes: 31 10.7%
  • Keep him for next season

Votes: 241 83.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want us to employ the right manager. I never felt this guy was the right manager.

If he keeps Ange, he has to get rid of a lot of players. There's probably no going back on that. We could bring in a load of "Ange players" who are actually worse than what we have and he's sacked early next season. We then have no manager and potentially a worse squad.
There is no right manager for this club as far as levy still here, we had the best managers serial winners and didn't work, it's naïve to think an unknown called Ange is going to work, bring glories and trophies and win the title for the first time since 1961.

Nothing different will happen in summer TW, levy will get rid of few players and bring in few to convince the manager and shut the fans.

Does anyone think levy is going to change?! Only deluded fans.

2 days to go and there are loads of tickets available everywhere for the Burnley game. Says it all, really.

FD8ONtO.png

This is like the Brexit thread with those that support the losing side of the vote making the most noise. Accept the vote.
I am far from happy with Ange's methods but we cannot keep changing direction as soon as we have a bad run of results. If we sack him it means changing all our summer transfer plans and ending up with more square pegs to fit in round holes and another new start. I look at other clubs that have stuck with a Manager and he has turned it around and that is something we have not tried.
Yes 4 consecutive defeats is bad but had those matches been spread throughout the season we would probably still have lost them. We rarely win at Liverpool or Chelsea any season.
As to Burnley and Sheffield Utd, with morale obviously low they will not be as straightforward as they might have been a few weeks ago. However as posted on the Burnley match thread they are going to have a lap of honour after the game, this could turn toxic if we lose.
I normally switch to wanting the Manager out before the sack comes, with Martin Jol being the last exception. I believe to some extent had those early results not been as good that Ange would not be under so much pressure now.

For all those who are surprised at the poll result so far:

It's not necessarily that 85% of us have absolute faith in Ange and are certain he will succeed, it's more that we have tried chopping and changing the manager every time we have a bad patch for several years now, and it never improves us. (I'm not saying that should not have happened - in some cases, Conte for example, it was inevitable, but Ange is much more calm and doesn't appear to have totally lost the players at all (or set fire to the club...)). Meanwhile, more successful clubs are mainly those who have stuck with their managers, including through difficult unsuccessful times in their early years. So some of us simply want to see whether or not some stability will help improve us.

Now of course that doesn't mean that you could just stick any old sod in the job, give them 5 years and they'll definitely succeed - but if the board have chosen to go with Ange, who note has provided us with some great football at times, certainly more 'the Tottenham way' than anyone else since Poch, then I feel it would be wise for us to give him a proper chance and a bit of stability rather than throwing our toys out of the pram because we've lost a few games. (I know our form has been poor pretty much all of this year so far, but it was excellent before that, hence we are in 5th place, which most thought very unlikely at the start of the season (some so much so that I believe they promised to quit the forum permanently even we even finished top half! Looking forward to seeing the back of some people...)).

I'm not certain that Ange will succeed, but I am certain that if we sack our manager every time we have an extended bad patch, and before they've even had a year in the job, then we will become less and less attractive to potential managers, and will become worse and worse as a result. That's why I voted to keep Ange.

Last edited:
2 days to go and there are loads of tickets available everywhere for the Burnley game. Says it all, really.

FD8ONtO.png
How it should be. The high number of Season Ticket holders masks this. I can recall back in the days of the majority paying at the gates that after a particularly poor set of results we only got 19000 for a league match against Blackpool. Not sure which year but I think early seventies.

For all those who are surprised at the poll result so far:

It's not necessarily that 85% of us have absolute faith in Ange and are certain he will succeed, it's more that we have tried chopping and changing the manager every time we have a bad patch for several years now, and it never improves us. (I'm not saying that should not have happened - in some cases, Conte for example, it was inevitable, but Ange is much more calm and doesn't appear to have totally lost the players at all). Meanwhile, more successfu clubs are mainly those who have stuck with their managers, including through difficult unsucessful times in their early years. So some of us simply want to see whether or not some stability will help improve us.

Now of course that doesn't mean that you could just stick any old sod in the job, give them 5 years and they'll definitely succeed - but if the board have chosen to go with Ange, who note has provided us with some great football at times, certainly more 'the Tottenham way' than anyone else since Poch, then I feel it would be wise for us to give him a proper chance and a bit of stabilitity rather than throwing our toys out of the pram because we've lost a few games. (I know our form has been poor pretty much all of this year so far, but it was excellent before that, hence we are in 5th place, which most thought very unlikely at the start of the season (some so much so that I believe they promised to quit the forum permanently even we even finished top half! Looking forward to seeing the back of some people...)).

I'm not certain that Ange will succeed, but I am certain that if we sack our manager every time we have an extended bad patch, and before they've even had a year in the job, then we will become less and less attractive to potential managers, and will become worse and worse as a result. That's why I voted to keep Ange.

Outstanding post! Best post on this forum in many a year.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

It doesn't matter what we think.

If Ange is sacked by the miser it will be after a transfer window has closed and enough season tickets have been sold to cover the best paid chairman in the Premier League's bonus payments.

Im definitely not in a cult. But if we finish fifth, that's not too bad at all for a first season, doesn't warrant a sacking. If we totally implode and lose the last three games, then a sacking is fair enough.
If you voted 'keep him for next season', you definitely are in The Cult, but as with all Cult victims you won't admit it to yourself for several years. Then you can be interviewed for a documentary about how you survived The Cult.

If you voted 'keep him for next season', you definitely are in The Cult, but as with all Cult victims you won't admit it to yourself for several years. Then you can be interviewed for a documentary about how you survived The Cult.
Might have to do some more AI images if you don’t calm down 🤪😈

And there's an option that says sack him if we lose 2 of the next 3 (we'll give him a pass on City for obvious reasons)

So, that means if we was to lose 7 games in a row for probably the first time in our 140 year history. Including.

Home and Away defeats to our Neighbours (ozzie pun intended) 😵‍💫
Woolwich who'd had 4 tough competitive matches in two weeks since our last game and Chelsea with 14 first team injuries and a bench full of school kids.
A 4 - 0 arse rape by injury ravaged Newcastle, and back to back defeats against virtually relegated Burnley and long relegated Sheff Utd........
86% would still think he deserved another season

Wow!!!!

Only at Spurs, eh :mourloopy:
We didn't lose away to the filth.

Back
Top Bottom