Snap Poll: Ange in or out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What should Spurs do with Ange Postecoglou? (Pre Burnley)

• Sack him now

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Sack him if he loses 2-3 of the next 3

Votes: 31 10.7%
  • Keep him for next season

Votes: 241 83.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same here. Whilst i loved the early feel good factor,things aint great now.
But... He said give him 3 windows, so lets do that ,and unless we are threatened with relegation, give him the whole season.
I am not a fanboi, or whatever they are called, but a new manager every season isn't the way forward or a good look.
That’s it . In a nutshell . (Almost certainly) .

As Malcolm Muggeridge put it :

“ If you grasp that , then you grasp all “

this System (like all systems) that he bangs on about wont work without the right players - seems to me you need 4 competent full backs and 2 Forwards that are able to play with back to goal and hold onto the ball. We have 2 full backs and Richarlison - when there not playing you have to adapt and Ange doesn't seem to be able to that. Playing wingers on the correct side would also help
Funny thing is, when Conte was making bizarre team selections, I was absolutely convinced he was doing it to get himself sacked. I think most would have seen it that way. Why, I don't know, he would have only got a few months wages and could have just done his job for 3 months and not looked a cock.

But if Ange is doing it, he's on for 3 years payout. And I bet his fanbois will love him for it.

I agree but some of our fuckwit so-called supporters don't have the stomach for it. They think there's a quick fix (change of manager or/and owner) and we'll suddenly be winning trophies.

Sometimes they post things that make me feel sorry for their brains.

Quick fix? Levy has been here for 20 years. Getting him out the door isnt a sticking plaster, its the solution.

this System (like all systems) that he bangs on about wont work without the right players - seems to me you need 4 competent full backs and 2 Forwards that are able to play with back to goal and hold onto the ball. We have 2 full backs and Richarlison - when there not playing you have to adapt and Ange doesn't seem to be able to that. Playing wingers on the correct side would also help

Football used to be so uncomplicated years ago

When I played if you were quick and had a good left foot then left wing
If you were quick and had a good right foot then right wing

Not rocket science but our clueless manager doesn’t seem to get it

He plays Kulu who is pedestrian at best and is totally left footed, right wing against Liverpool at Anfield when a quick right footed winger was available!!!

And still some gobby cunts on here want him here next season

You couldn’t make it up

He plays Kulu who is pedestrian at best and is totally left footed, right wing against Liverpool at Anfield when a quick right footed winger was available!!!

You couldn’t make it up

Mate what the fuck are you even on about? Inverted wingers/inside forwards has been a popular thing for about a decade now and all the top teams play it - Robben ring a bell at all?

Just moaning about the completely wrong things because you want to go back to the 1980's with a flat 442, its not fucking happening.

People can make up their own minds. They did and its made you mad because they don't agree with you.
From my own point of view, I'm not mad at the results, I just find them interesting.

But you claim to be a reasoned, level headed poster. So, from one highly respected sensible poster to another, let me just ask a perfectly reasonable question.

If you're happy for Big Ange to take us into a new season on the back of the longest run of consecutive defeats in the club's history (hypothetical and unlikely, but that is essentially what the poll is asking) where would you draw the line if the run continued. 10 defeats, 15, ,,,I'm assuming even you must have some kind of cut off point?

You couldn’t make it up
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Kulu on the right is such a busted flush these days. So predictable.

Who are these 182 gobby cunts anyway?

You couldn’t make it up
Hi Bazali ; I see where you’re coming from , but we face a dilemma summed up thus :

« sometimes things have to change to stay the same and conversely stay the same in order to change . »

Here’s how another philosopher addressed the issue , back the 1950s.

His pronouncements are , I feel , more relevant than ever .

This is for all of us - right now and for the difficult days , months and years to come .

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=biUvH1XcVmg

Listen to what he has to say and reflect - it will hopefully help .

Last edited:
your*

Foul vote - for off-topic posting, advertising your foul vote like a coward, and atrocious spelling.

Just for clarity though, I stand by everything I said, from the riff-raff reference to my opinion on the stupidity of thinking changing manager every season is going to see us win anything.

You're welcome.
your*

Foul vote - for off-topic posting, advertising your foul vote like a coward, and atrocious spelling.

Just for clarity though, I stand by everything I said, from the riff-raff reference to my opinion on the stupidity of thinking changing manager every season is going to see us win anything.

You're welcome.
I never said I want the manager sacked every season. Don't know where you got that from. I voted for option 2. Losing To Burnley/Sheff united is calamitous. That would be 7 defeats on the trot.
As for the spelling grammar reference....

That in itself is a form of bullying.
Now I know if we met in real life you're truncheon would stay firmly in its pouch. No need to reply Mr Cretinous 'Keyboard Warrior' Goat.

I never said I want the manager sacked every season. Don't know where you got that from. I voted for option 2. Losing To Burnley/Sheff united is calamitous. That would be 7 defeats on the trot.
As for the spelling grammar reference....

That in itself is a form of bullying.
Now I know if we met in real life you're truncheon would stay firmly in its pouch. No need to reply Mr Cretinous 'Keyboard Warrior' Goat.

I will reply because you're not going to have the final word.

We won't be meeting in real life so don't worry about that - your theory won't be tested.

My comment on the 'manager sacked' thing was clearly a general one and not aimed at you, so wind your neck in and stop making everything about you. In fact, I think your opinion is pretty fair (although I stand by giving Ange another season).

No need to reply fella unless it's specifically on the thread topic.

If the poll was a straight sack now or not, I'd probably understand the result. Even though I'd still be astounded at the margin considering not just our last 4 games but our form since November.
It's the fact there's that third option. I just can't get my head around what our fans are prepared to accept.

But hey. It is what it is. The majority have spoken . . 🤷‍♂️

Conte played Kulusevski on the right too, didn't he?

I believe that he did but I can’t remember it working for the reasons I’ve already outlined

He was absolutely awful in the first half on Sunday

A passenger that we can ill afford

I believe that he did but I can’t remember it working for the reasons I’ve already outlined

He was absolutely awful in the first half on Sunday

A passenger that we can ill afford
He did well on the right when he first turned up on loan but he's been pretty poor there since halfway through last season.

Didn't he have a pretty good game against the goons the other week though?

Hi Bazali ; I see where you’re coming from , but

sometimes things have to change to stay the same and conversely stay the same in order to change . ( quote by me 2024 ) .

Here’s how another philosopher addressed the issue , back the 1950s.
His pronouncements are , I feel , more relevant than ever . They can comfort and reassure us whilst also promoting inner reflection and contemplation.

This is for all of us - right now and in difficult days , months and years to come .

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=biUvH1XcVmgListen and reflect - it will hopefully help .

Hi John

Thank you for the civilised post and you’re a brave man bringing philosophy into this thread!

I had to sit down for a minute 😉

I’ve gone into my reasons for not wanting Ange and not going to elaborate but have you been enjoying the football that we’ve been serving since last October?

I appreciate that every team can have a bad spell and you have to work through it but we’ve been getting worse especially this year

People will point to the Villa game where we won 4-0 but in that game the first half was shite by both sides but they had an excuse in that the game was on a Sunday and they had played in Europe the previous Thursday and it showed
They then had a man sent off and we scored a couple of goals and two more late on and yes I was pleased as it was on my birthday!

But I was under no illusions that we had turned a corner and so it has proved in our last disastrous four games where most of our players didn’t know what they were doing

And it was against injury ravaged teams like Newcastle and the Chavs
Against a Liverpool team that didn’t get out of second gear
Against the Scum where, for the second time this season, we rolled over clearly showing that we hadn’t bothered to train how to defend a set piece

Oh and we shipped 13 goals in those games scoring 4

Unacceptable and I don’t see it changing

Have a good day

He did well on the right when he first turned up on loan but he's been pretty poor there since halfway through last season.

Didn't he have a pretty good game against the goons the other week though?

Did he?

I can’t remember other than he does get stuck in for a tackle which is to his credit but his mobility really lets him down

I can’t remember any good performances by our players against the Scum

Back
Top Bottom