Snap Poll: Ange in or out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What should Spurs do with Ange Postecoglou? (Pre Burnley)

• Sack him now

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Sack him if he loses 2-3 of the next 3

Votes: 31 10.7%
  • Keep him for next season

Votes: 241 83.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want us to employ the right manager.
I never felt this guy was the right manager.
Yes, for a short while I started to feel like I misjudged him. But well before this enormous slump I started to say I found our style boring and unsustainable. Long before it.

There's a huge crossroads now for Levy. If he keeps Ange, he has to get rid of a lot of players. There's probably no going back on that. We could bring in a load of "Ange players" who are actually worse than what we have and he's sacked early next season. We then have no manager and potentially a worse squad.

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

The poll might be in his favour now but have a poor first 5 or 6 games next season and patience will wear thin pretty quick.
In which case it'll be yet another season written off. We might be able to get a decent manager in this summer, no chance we'll get one in October. Or if we do it'll be someone who compromises on our style of play, like Conte or Mou. And so begins another cycle of crap, with a squad build for possession football but managed by a short term pragmatist.

Exactly. Changing the manager every fucking season isn't working, and it does not take a genius to see that.

If things don't improve by the end of next season, if there's no progression then I'd absolutely support sacking Ange.

I'd give him 4 windows and 2 seasons, and anyone who disagrees can tongue my butt.
I generally agree, though there would come a point next season if things are a shitshow where we would be better cutting our loses. Say we are 16th after 20 games. Sack him. For me next season has to be an improvement on this one. That doesn't necessarily mean 4th. Finishing 5th or 6th, but having a strong second half and a deep cup run or two for example, would be significant improvement and the right direction of travel to justify a third season.

In which case it'll be yet another season written off. We might be able to get a decent manager in this summer, no chance we'll get one in October. Or if we do it'll be someone who compromises on our style of play, like Conte or Mou. And so begins another cycle of crap, with a squad build for possession football but managed by a short term pragmatist.

Jeremy Strong Yes GIF by SuccessionHBO

I hope that Ange will be our manager in the next season.
For me he is a good manager and he deserves to be able to continue working at THFC to move the team forward!

I trust him!

These sort of manager comparisons without context are pointless. Frank Lampard had a better win rate in his first year than Arteta, Klopp, and Ange. So did Erik Ten Hag, and so did Conte with us. In hindsight all of those clubs would have been much better off getting rid of those managers in the first summer.

On the subject of Ange, his points tally is fine but that's not the problem. It's the fact he got half of them in the first 10 games - before you can realistically implement any ideas - and have been trending down ever since. The more time on the training pitch he gets with the squad the worse we get.

Our form since mid October has us roughly 12th. We get worse week on week and he shows no evidence of being able to stop the rot.

His managerial decisions are utterly baffling, he completely neglects the best performing youth academy in the country. He's only had 40 games to contend with this season but our squad looks knackered.

He has the best back 5 since Poch's 2017 side but we ship goals for fun.

He plays the same way every week regardless of which players are available or which team we face.

He's incapable of making in game tactical adjustments. He's already talking about players not buying into his methods and needing new ones.

That's why.
for me continuously playing Son as centre forward - which he cant do
playing full backs who can barely play full back let alone adapt to playing as an inverted full back is also a big red flag. After watching Emerson flailing about at Chelsea and then Ange plays him against Liverpool 3 days later. That shows tactical incompetence of the highest order. He wont adapt or change to whoever Tottenham are playing - its the same stuff every match and its easy for the opposition to play through. This squad should be hammering the likes of Burnley but, we wont. We may win because of Burnley's failings not Ange's Tactical awareness or lack of but, it wont be a 5-0 drubbing more like 3-2

What a nick!

Its Beautiful Reaction GIF

I generally agree, though there would come a point next season if things are a shitshow where we would be better cutting our loses. Say we are 16th after 20 games. Sack him. For me next season has to be an improvement on this one. That doesn't necessarily mean 4th. Finishing 5th or 6th, but having a strong second half and a deep cup run or two for example, would be significant improvement and the right direction of travel to justify a third season.

Yeah that is fair enough

for me continuously playing Son as centre forward - which he cant do
playing full backs who can barely play full back let alone adapt to playing as an inverted full back is also a big red flag. After watching Emerson flailing about at Chelsea and then Ange plays him against Liverpool 3 days later. That shows tactical incompetence of the highest order. He wont adapt or change to whoever Tottenham are playing - its the same stuff every match and its easy for the opposition to play through. This squad should be hammering the likes of Burnley but, we wont. We may win because of Burnley's failings not Ange's Tactical awareness or lack of but, it wont be a 5-0 drubbing more like 3-2

Totally agree

I couldn’t believe it when Royal was picked at LB against Salah
Not Emerson’s fault but the clown that selected him!

Then we had the right winger Kulu selected who shouldn’t be near either wing let alone the right where he uses his right foot just to stand on as he lumbered forward let alone actually crossing into the box

While our real right winger BJ was played on the left where he is least effective

Then we started with Son up front hating it when everyone knows he’s best on the left

Clueless management but yes let’s give him another half season and see what happens!

Lmfao 🤣

Let's see what the temperature is exactly on Ange.

Poll closing around the time of the Burnley match.

It goes without saying that:

1. the club need to back him with good signings this summer and
2. if the losing streak continues into the autumn and/or he totally loses the dressing room, then he'll be toast regardless.
The club always back the managers from Poch to Jose and Conte.

Last edited:
Totally agree

Then we had the right winger Kulu selected who shouldn’t be near either wing let alone the right where he uses his right foot just to stand on as he lumbered forward let alone actually crossing into the box

While our real right winger BJ was played on the left where he is least effective

Then we started with Son up front hating it when everyone knows he’s best on the left

Clueless management but yes let’s give him another half season and see what happens!

Lmfao 🤣

I never thought I'd say this but stick to the politics thread please Baz. You know more about that than you do about football management.

Or find another club coz Big Ange is here to stay.

:troll::levyeyes:

If he keeps Ange, he has to get rid of a lot of players. There's probably no going back on that. We could bring in a load of "Ange players" who are actually worse than what we have and he's sacked early next season. We then have no manager and potentially a worse squad.
this is the problem with keeping a manager longer than he should be kept. long term damage.

Totally agree

Lmfao 🤣
this System (like all systems) that he bangs on about wont work without the right players - seems to me you need 4 competent full backs and 2 Forwards that are able to play with back to goal and hold onto the ball. We have 2 full backs and Richarlison - when there not playing you have to adapt and Ange doesn't seem to be able to that. Playing wingers on the correct side would also help

I agree but some of our fuckwit so-called supporters don't have the stomach for it. They think there's a quick fix (change of manager or/and owner) and we'll suddenly be winning trophies.

Sometimes they post things that make me feel sorry for their brains.

Same old 🤡's in every thread

Back
Top Bottom