So it turns out Poch was right

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a team effort.

Poch still signed off on the likes of Nkoudou, Sissoko, Janssen, Lucas etc. When we truly needed to actually push on...
Really unfair to put Sissoko and Lucas in the same company as those other 2 you listed.

If we are being honest Foyth is more fitting in being that list but you would never do that.

Really unfair to put Sissoko and Lucas in the same company as those other 2 you listed.

If we are being honest Foyth is more fitting in being that list but you would never do that.

Foyth cost about £8,000,000 and has never been forced into a team over superior players. Relatively risk free in signing a player with potential to see how he develops.

N'kodou cost roughly the same and also was never forced into a team of superior players but you still included him.

Because with regards to Nkoudou he was forced into the squad instead of promising youth players. So many times he would be on the bench or starting cup games instead of players who actually had talent. Marcus Edwards mostly.

Because with regards to Nkoudou he was forced into the squad instead of promising youth players. So many times he would be on the bench or starting cup games instead of players who actually had talent. Marcus Edwards mostly.
You're chatting out your arse. I mean I'm sure you know that. It's the same damn thing and you know it.

You're chatting out your arse. I mean I'm sure you know that. It's the same damn thing and you know it.

Then fucking add Foyth to the list. What difference does that make?

Poch was HORRENDOUS at rebuilding a squad he for the most part inherited.

He turned our sub players into starting players and watched our squad get weaker through his wank investment and was actually happy with it.

Go look at our bench from 16/17 and most of them are now our starting players. THAT'S the problem.

He turned our sub players into starting players and watched our squad get weaker through his wank investment and was actually happy with it
Yep agreed.

Look at the bench.

5 of those ended up pretty much being our new starting players once their superior counterparts left (or declined) or in Sons case, when Poch realised what a player he had on his hands.

Instead of investing in players that'd eventually push Dier and Wanyama to the bench and preparing for life without Dembele, we just had Trippier replace Walker. Sissoko actually start a run of games and partner him with Winks.

He turned our sub players into starting players and watched our squad get weaker through his wank investment and was actually happy with it.

Go look at our bench from 16/17 and most of them are now our starting players. THAT'S the problem.
Pretty remarkable how such a wank manager achieved 4 successive Champions League finishes, ahead of schedule, on a budget dwarfed by the clubs we were displacing..
Yeah, what a horrendous squad builder he must have been. Shocking.

Pretty remarkable how such a wank manager achieved 4 successive Champions League finishes, ahead of schedule, on a budget dwarfed by the clubs we were displacing..
Yeah, what a horrendous squad builder he must have been. Shocking.

Not a single part of my post mentions Pochettino being a wank manager.

In fact, he's a pretty good manager. Flawed and stubborn, but a good manager. As you say, his top four finishes prove that. Even if a few of those seasons required other teams to underperform significantly.

... don't forget signing Louis Saha and Ryan Nelsen in the January 2012 transfer window.

:dempsey:
That was on Harry. Those two were the Redknappiest Redknapp transfers that were ever Redknapped. Levy can be blamed for a lot of transfer windows but I'll sooner slit my own throat than have people blame Levy for those two.

... don't forget signing Louis Saha and Ryan Nelsen in the January 2012 transfer window.

:dempsey:
To be fair, levy signings those 2 cheapo signings is more than he normally does in January. We didnt know it at the time, but that was 1 of the better January transfer windows under levy.

Failure to back Poch will go down as clubs biggest mistake in the last 50 years.

Aye, so close to something big and this is how it ended thanks to Levy and the board. We won't get another Poch for a long time so let's get used to the Europa league, st Totteringhams day and 'Spursy' again.

Forget winning the Champions league with Porto, forget winning Chelsea's first Premier League title, forget winning the treble with Inter - if Jose can turn this pile of crap around, he will have cemented his place as one of the greatest football managers. Unfortunately, without the financial backing, I think this will be way too big a job for him. I hope I'm wrong.

He foreseen this mess we’re in when he said that we need to rebuild, the owners didn’t back our best manager in years and we ended up with cheap and shit rejects from other clubs. Imagine having to rely on the likes of Sissoko or Dier as your midfield pivot. We’re years of investment behind Liverpool and even fucking Leicester got ahead of us. Our team is painfully average. Some are below average. Just sell the fucking cunts if the offer comes in.

I said to my dad today: thats why he persisted with the diamond. because he knew it was bad but still the best option with the players available. He would have loved to set up as he did in previous seasons but he no longer had the neccesary personel to set up like that. Thats why.

Fuuuuuuck.

Back
Top Bottom