Some positives amongst the doom & gloom

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Europa Conference League tickets are a lot more affordable than CL ones.

Also prefer playing Thursday nights as you only have to make it through POETS day at work with a hangover.

Quite demoralised at the moment.

Honestly think we’re fucked. We won’t improve the squad to any great extent in the Summer. Paratici is a chancer. Think Conte will do his best and see out his contract but we’re just not run to win stuff.

An entertainment bowl with an add on football team.

Watching the game after knowing the result gives a different perspective. Obviously we didn't score and some defending was shocking but Wolves didn't dominate and control us like is being said. I'm genuinely excited with the quality chances we created against a highly ranked defence.

Watching the game after knowing the result gives a different perspective. Obviously we didn't score and some defending was shocking but Wolves didn't dominate and control us like is being said. I'm genuinely excited with the quality chances we created against a highly ranked defence.
Yeahhhh. Games should be judged on artistic merit, not goals. Goals are soooo yesterday.

Spurs gives him a chance to be a true managerial great.
Fair play matey. I needed a chuckle this wet and miserable lunchtime :roflmao:

For a few seconds I actually thought you was being serious!

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Good attempt OP and thank you for remaining positive but I can't see it for so many reasons.

in no particular order:

1) Conte refuses to play 3 in the middle (probably because he decided to get rid of 3 centre midfielders and realise we will be short with only 1 on the bench if this formation actually works)

2) Our right wing back situation is nothing short of diabolical.

3) We have too many brain fart players. So much so that Dier is now considered reliable.

4) Our transfer strategy in January was to get rid of players and save as much as you can on wages. Improving the squad didn't really matter.

5) we have nothing on the bench in an attacking sense other then Bergwijn. We can say Gil wasn't ready or Ndombele was lazy but it was good having some sort of option.

6) Conte like any manager has his favourites but he has demonstrated on a couple of occasions he's not fair about some of his decisions meaning the players he doesn't rate will always feel they are not being fairly treated. Examples include that European game where Sanchez was absolutely appalling and cost us a goal yet he took Rodon off. He then says he sees Rodon as a Dier alternative yet still doesn't play him and sticks with Sanchez and Davies making mistake after mistake. Even the Sess sub on Sunday. Much more sense to take Davies off if you're changing to 4-2-3-1.

3) We have too many brain fart players. So much so that Dier is now considered reliable.

4) Our transfer strategy in January was to get rid of players and save as much as you can on wages. Improving the squad didn't really matter.

So sad had to laugh

Yeah! Trophy parades must get so boring for the Chelsea fans. HAH! Jokes on them.
Well, I don't support Spurs for the trophies they have won or will win, so it's a moot point.

When I came to Madrid 32 years ago I could easily have taken that route AND gone to see my new title-winning team at a great stadium every fortnight but we all know I would have been a cunt for doing so

Back
Top Bottom