Some positives amongst the doom & gloom

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1/
Skipp Bentancur could form a very reliable partnership in the middle of the park. Bentancur has settled in remarkably well to the PL, most takes months to adjust from Serie A. He'll love being alongside Skipp as soon as he's back from his injury.
Both quite young so potential to get even better under one of the best manager's in the world.

2/
Front 3 are playing well on the whole; Kane in particular seems hungry and back to his best. I feared he was on permanent decline with how sluggish he was at the start of the season.
Son had a shocker on Sunday, but has been clinical in most matches. Lucas' passing is improving, as shown by his game vs Southampton; while Bergwijn looks good as a super sub.

3/
Defence has been awful in recent matches, but Dier coming back could add stability and give Romero even more licence to be aggressive. Sanchez is irredeemable and Davies is unreliable; so buying the 3rd LCB option this summer lays the foundation for a quality back 3.

4/
Conte seems determined to stay and improve us. I think Spurs is actually an amazing opportunity for him. Of course it's the toughest job in his career yet; but if he succeeds it could elevate his status.

Let's not mention RWB situation though, please.

Last edited:
1) I remembered my poncho yesterday, so although I looked ridiculous, I didn't get soaked like I did Wednesday.
2) I thought I had lost my sapphire ring, but thank goodness I found it at the bottom of my bag.
3) The post-match noodles were delicious.
4) All my train connections worked, which for a Sunday, was a small miracle.

Red jalapenos & avocado is still a winning combination. :ledleylick:

Also; so long as we can keep our key players fit I think top four is still on the table.

We're still in The Cup.

Top half of the league is still a possibility.

Conte might see the season out.

We're still in The Cup.

We still have the most cosmic, rave-worthy away kit in Europe.... Probably the world.....

You'll never sing that.

1/
Skipp Bentancur could form a very reliable partnership in the middle of the park. Bentancur has settled in remarkably well to the PL, most takes months to adjust from Serie A. He'll love being alongside Skipp as soon as he's back from his injury.
Both quite young so potential to get even better under one of the best manager's in the world.

2/
Front 3 are playing well on the whole; Kane in particular seems hungry and back to his best. I feared he was on permanent decline with how sluggish he was at the start of the season.
Son had a shocker on Sunday, but has been clinical in most matches. Lucas' passing is improving, as shown by his game vs Southampton; while Bergwijn looks good as a super sub.

3/
Defence has been awful in recent matches, but Dier coming back could add stability and give Romero even more licence to be aggressive. Sanchez is irredeemable and Davies is unreliable; so buying the 3rd LCB option this summer lays the foundation for a quality back 3.

4/
Conte seems determined to stay and improve us. I think Spurs is actually an amazing opportunity for him. Of course it's the toughest job in his career yet; but if he succeeds it could elevate his status.

A wing back for either side of the pitch, a left-sided centre half and a midfielder who makes a 352 possible with Kane and Sonny up top. 4 players for the first team in the summer, it's not impossible. They have to go all in and do it. Then a backup goal keeper and a backup for Kane.

1/

2/

3/

4/

I don’t agree with all those points but appreciate the effort to find positives.

Back
Top Bottom