Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This current squad will never win the league or the champions league. It’s clear as day. This team is levels behind the 2016/2017 squad. Some players past their prime and some left like walker and dembele and we didn’t add top quality.

You're right.

But that's nothing to do with the players not wanting them. I reckon over 3/4s of our squad have the ambition and want to win something for this club. I don't for a second believe they see top four as a successful season (Even if it is) because they WANT to win things and they believe they can.

Unfortunately, like you, I also believe the squad itself isn't good enough or consistent enough to win a league. I DO think it's probably good enough to win a trophy but we haven't had the luck or we've under-performed when it matters.

This current squad will never win the league or the champions league. It’s clear as day. This team is levels behind the 2016/2017 squad. Some players past their prime and some left like walker and dembele and we didn’t add top quality.

Woolwich had to sell 22 of their players to bigger football clubs when they were paying off their stadium. Anyone who genuinely thinks we can go and blow £50m on an adequate Walker replacement or a prime midfield maestro for top dollar is fooling themselves for the time being.

What we should be doing is scouting clubs that have a reputation for developing quality before quality becomes mainstream. Ajax, Genk etc seem to find quality at huge value for money, our club should be investing in similar fashion to these guys instead of looking for the top, ready to go players. The debt and stadium more important than the footballing side of things at present, people need to understand that this is the case but it won't be long term as when it's done it's done and it'll set us up far healthier for the footballing sides. Frustrating but worthwhile in the long term

Woolwich had to sell 22 of their players to bigger football clubs when they were paying off their stadium. Anyone who genuinely thinks we can go and blow £50m on an adequate Walker replacement or a prime midfield maestro for top dollar is fooling themselves for the time being.

What we should be doing is scouting clubs that have a reputation for developing quality before quality becomes mainstream. Ajax, Genk etc seem to find quality at huge value for money, our club should be investing in similar fashion to these guys instead of looking for the top, ready to go players. The debt and stadium more important than the footballing side of things at present, people need to understand that this is the case but it won't be long term as when it's done it's done and it'll set us up far healthier for the footballing sides. Frustrating but worthwhile in the long term
Yeah i agree that we don’t have to sign 50M players. But we don’t sign shit. Dele was a top signing for peanuts. As was Toby and dier and many others. But our current scouting is laughable and we simple don’t do anything. That’s te frustrating part. The illusion that only expensive players will improve us. Our dept is shit.

[formation=442, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player][/formation]

Fancy a double or quits. If we don't get top 4 then I get £20. If we do get top 4 then we are all square! I would say I am 50/50 on whether we get top 4 or not now.
I think its most likely a combination of everything you said. Attitude was wrong in the 2nd half & we could do with being mentally tougher. The lack of squad depth hasn't helped us either. I think the World cup hasn't helped Dele this season & the same with lingard at united. Seems like they never got right after the world cup & the nature of football is there is pressure to get you back as soon as. But overall I think the lack of squad depth is the biggest factor. A few signings would keep thing fresh as it all looks a bit stale now in the team. It would add more competition which would ideally make people raise their game. Some can cruise through games & still be picked because they know there is no one better.
Maybe some lack motivation in the usual top 4 which means a lot to us but not so much to some players.
I am sure the likes of kane & eriksen dont value it as highly as we do.
We are still very much in the top 4 race but obviously the players will need to have the right attitude & effort.
I can see it going down to the wire. The sooner 1 of chelsea or Woolwich drift out of the race, the happier I will be!

Na no double or nothing son, we both want the team to finish top 4 + only reason I took the bet initially is because you offered over double what our odds were with the bookies at the time & it was worth a punt.

6 wins from the last 8 games is all I'm after now Scott

But poch said there was money available but no one that would improve the squad it’s fucking laughable , any cunt surely would improve the likes of Sanchez , kwp , trippier , wanyama ,llorente , Davies I could go on I’m sorry but poch talks in riddles and out of his arse a lot of times .
What good is it to have money available, when we're haggling for every fucking cent in a transfer fee. I could imagine we've pissed off many clubs with our dealings

You may be right, but you've got to have hope, otherwise what's the point?

We've a three week break for the manager and the team to get this mid-season blip out of their (and our!) minds.

This Friday's draw may alter people's mind.

Fuck off you happy clapping cunt
is this based on the fact that you are a better Spurs fan, because you are 6,000Km closer?

Or because he told you a home truth that you are too narrow minded to accept?

Support is support - you either stick with the team, club , players and manager - OR you are not a supporter.

It is little wonder that football is dying when people like you think that real support is to rip the shit out of everything that the club stands for.

Do you have children who play sport? Are you one of those parents who fuck up their kids, by criticising their every effort - trying to live your pathetic useless, failure of a life through the achievements of others?

As a parent of two (active) children I have seen these parents, and it sickens me to witness their behaviour - you and the other posters like you who do nothing but tear the team, players and management apart after every reversal are no different to those utterly shit parents.

Love the shirt
Love is uncompromising

Support Spurs - or go post somewhere where people who tear the club apart congregate. It's not a difficult concept to grasp

Nice day out yesterday spoilt by the last few minutes. Met up with some mates from all over the UK and saw some old faces from the past at half time in the bar area. Pissed and pissed off sums it up.

is this based on the fact that you are a better Spurs fan, because you are 6,000Km closer?

Or because he told you a home truth that you are too narrow minded to accept?

Support is support - you either stick with the team, club , players and manager - OR you are not a supporter.

It is little wonder that football is dying when people like you think that real support is to rip the shit out of everything that the club stands for.

Do you have children who play sport? Are you one of those parents who fuck up their kids, by criticising their every effort - trying to live your pathetic useless, failure of a life through the achievements of others?

As a parent of two (active) children I have seen these parents, and it sickens me to witness their behaviour - you and the other posters like you who do nothing but tear the team, players and management apart after every reversal are no different to those utterly shit parents.

Love the shirt
Love is uncompromising

Support Spurs - or go post somewhere where people who tear the club apart congregate. It's not a difficult concept to grasp
I think you quoted the wrong post because it makes absolutely no sense in relation to mine

I think you quoted the wrong post because it makes absolutely no sense in relation to mine
your post 1325

in response to 1256 - where the moaners were told to go elsewhere if they wanted to see a money fuelled club win every game

You ripped into him - so presumably you are one of the people he was criticising, if you're not - then I'm happy to apologise

However, you have a distinguished posting history of bitching about everything the club does when it doesn't romp every game.

And where are Wolverhampton and Everton today? Yeah, that's right, far behind us. Sunderland showed ambition by signing Jack Rodwell on a £70K-a-week contract. That royally fucked them over.
We are punching above our heads financially. Just look at our revenue and compare them to the other top 6-clubs.
Wolves are just behind us. They just got promoted. Maybe it's a one season only thing, who knows but they have at least showed ambition. Every club makes a shit signing but Rodwell was already a dud so Sunderland were years to agree that deal.. if everyon keep spending like they are but not on shit players they will be above us and maybe they will not give us a chance to steal it back. Our revenue streams are lower Yes, but we don't have a stadium sponsor or sleeve sponsor or training kit sponsor. All those other top 6 teams do, why don't we ? I wonder....

Blame what you like and who you like.
The bottom line is the club did not replace Dembele, neither Winks or Sissoko are any where near his quality when comes to breaking apposition attacks or holding the ball. 9 PL losses says it all. £10m for Dembele and few deluded fans happy how good businessman is Levy.

Last edited:
VVD just did what Rose should have done yesterday. Cleared the ball out of the stadium!
I was in the camp that VVD is a decent defender and what liverpool needed but nothing extraordinary. Didnt watch todays game but after watching the previous 4-5 matches, hes got to be the best defender in the country. Wins the ball with such ease , maybe all those fuckers on bbc and others werent making it up.

My own opinion is the players are a a few years older, not as hungry and other teams have added and we haven't so the team are a little stale and can be found out to some extent. On the other subject
the language used on each other on this forum is disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom