Southampton Away (Premier League) - 21/01/18 @4pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope he did want Llorente because if Poch is going down the Conte/Jose road where you shaft the team to make a statement to the chairman, he needs to go and take a long hard look at himself
More a case of the guy who keeps shafting the best manager we've had in years, and shafted the guys who went before him is the one that needs to take a long hard look at himself

Yeah, Id say Bale would have ripped the living shit out of Southampton today though and if I could pick one of the Tottenham era Modric or Bale, it would be the latter, every day of the week.

I agree, bale could have been the missing piece of the puzzle today, but would he have been fit to play?

His illness was BEFORE the trip to Spain you plum. You said it was bollocks that players were ill before Spain.
Are you this thick you utter fucking bellend?
Because Kane had an illness a week or so before the trip it means that some other players didn't get sick during the trip? We played 3 games since the Swansea game (Kane played all of them). Kane's sickness was first reported around sat 1st Jan....The players left last week so wtf are you talking about.
You're a clown of the highest order if you think Erisken and Lloris had viruses prior to the Barca training camp...and they still flew out and trained. Utter clown.

More a case of the guy who keeps shafting the best manager we've had in years, and shafted the guys who went before him is the one that needs to take a long hard look at himself

Whatever. If Levy bought Llorente above Pochs head (refuted by Llorente himself) then it was a silly thing to do.
That doesnt excuse Pochettino for putting ego before the good of this football club though, if this is the situation we are talking about.

You put the team first. Always.

If he looked at that shitfest today and thought Dele or Wanyama was more likely to win the game than Llorente, then I have no words.
It was a terrible, terrible managerial cock up, and as much as I like the man, today was a fucking joke.

Had to leave at 20 minutes...
:pochsulk:
What’s with Spurs dropping points to teams in the bottom quarter? Record against top 6 won’t even matter at this rate, it’ll be points dropped against the bottom half.

Had to leave at 20 minutes...
:pochsulk:
What’s with Spurs dropping points to teams in the bottom quarter? Record against top 6 won’t even matter at this rate, it’ll be points dropped against the bottom half.
I'm beginning to worry it's a mentality thing. It feels like a combination of playing away from home all year, injuries and City going out of sight so quickly means some of the player subconsciously are just going through the motions this season.

Simple fact is we lack and have done for seasons that player that can give us that little bit more in games like this and several other games that we have struggled in. That one player who can produce that single key pass or move that would give us an edge.

Difficult as it was today regarding playing conditions, the result will end up costing us something, somewhere down the line. It always has and always will until we have the finances to add that key player to the team.
I don't think Sissoco is good enough for Spurs...or Aurier...Trips is better...Lamela is no good either.... we will never win a thing until we have players with the mentality of Kane.... the work rate.... I don't know where these players are that we need but we need them soon or we will be loosing Kane...it would be unfair to keep him if he wants to win things ...he has already gave us so much.... I think Poch hasn't got a plan b.... Alli today was rubbish and has been for at least 8 games...its not all about being flash,,,

Whatever. If Levy bought Llorente above Pochs head (refuted by Llorente himself) then it was a silly thing to do.
That doesnt excuse Pochettino for putting ego before the good of this football club though, if this is the situation we are talking about.

You put the team first. Always.

If he looked at that shitfest today and thought Dele or Wanyama was more likely to win the game than Llorente, then I have no words.
It was a terrible, terrible managerial cock up, and as much as I like the man, today was a fucking joke.
If Sanchez hadn't made his mistake or Kane had put away his late chance I guarantee you nobody would be bemoaning Poch's selection or tactics right now.

Some slack needs to be given to the terrible playing conditions and the suggestion that some of the players had the two bob bits. I've been reading elsewhere online that it was our worst performance this season. I personally don't think that's true. A lot of hyperbole out there.

Awful way to start this next run of games.
2 points dropped again. Think everyone will be looking at themselves in the mirror after this one. Players and management.

Was there illness? Hopefully. Would explain a lot.

See what the United game brings. A classic Premier League season defining™️ 3 points required please Tottenham.

Will really see what our squad is all about over the next 6 weeks for sure.

Awful way to start this next run of games.
2 points dropped again. Think everyone will be looking at themselves in the mirror after this one. Players and management.

Was there illness? Hopefully. Would explain a lot.

See what the United game brings. A classic Premier League season defining™️ 3 points required please Tottenham.

Will really see what our squad is all about over the next 6 weeks for sure.

Na there wasn't any illness, we just omitted our best playmaker and our captain from the squad for a laugh I think.

I'm a big supporter of Dele but apart from one or two moments he was at his most self indulgent worst today - I don't want to see him dribbling with the ball on the counter, running into a wall of players and trying to retrieve the situation with a pointless nutmeg 40 yards from the opposition goal. He needs to keep it simple, move it fast, and save his trickery for the business end of the field.

Everyone was just off a tad. It happens and with teams at the bottom and short of confidence you have to dominate them. We didn't.

Conditions were awful and we missed Eriksen's precision but top teams should be good enough to overcome such a loss.

It is a paradox that players like Kane and Alli may cite lack of whatver if and when they choose to go and yet there are times when even they need the pressure and edge of competition to ward off any hint of complacency.

Not a loss so good but because of yesterday's results and the expected Liverpool win tomorrow will probably be 2 points to the worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom