Southampton (h) - Bounce Back Time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paulinho looks overwhelmed...
MediocreFlamboyantBluebottle.gif

That airborne hang time... just like Michael Jordan.

The NEED for three points aside, today was a very entertaining match...
I gotta be honest, after all the 5-0's, 6-0's and 3-6's of yesterday, i'd feared the W0-0RST, but fuckin' hell, another 5-goal late-winner thriller at The Lane!
THE ENTERTAINERS ARE (kinda) back... papering over the cracks since 2008!!

Strange match; had the feel of a last game of the season where we didn't get involved for 30 minutes but once we did, Saints looked in trouble.

It would be great to start a game well, it would be great to move possession with more urgency but above all else it would be great if the players had a touch more belief in themselves. There are some fantastic players there but it always seems as though there is that just one element to propel us forward.

Sherwood's confidence can help, I don't think we'll improve as players technically under him but if certain players can take the self belief that Sherwood has then that will help them.

Well, that's the best game I've been at in quite a while, I can tell you. Couldn't see a cohesive team selection, but just assumed that if a player was fit, he got a shirt! Had my head in my hands for the first twenty minutes, but after that, thought we controlled the game pretty well, although my heart was in my mouth every time the ball went wide and they attacked the wings (don't think Rose or Naughton had strong games). At least this wasn't a snooze-fest, and much more exciting to come back from 2-0 down to win a game. Credit to Southampton for 'playing the game', so many teams would have put 11 men behind the ball when they went into the lead. Christian was brilliant, unlucky not to get a hat-trick, Nacer played well in the second half ( strong bugger) and Bobby contributed well overall, but he didn't really have any clear cut changes, not that I can remember anyhow.
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but sod's law, if we did make it to 4th, Man U would probably win the Champion's League. Mind you, if Le Scum finish 4th, then that would be worth celebrating!

Anyone have anywhere I can watch the game? Didn't have a chance to watcht the game. NBCSports is being really shitty and won't let me watch it through their website.

Thoroughly enjoyed the second half, showed good character to come back and fight at 2-0 down, can't say I had too much hope. Gutted Eriksen didn't get his hattrick tho and Soldado deserved a goal at the end, felt he played really well, some of his touches were beautiful.

It goes to show we can be dangerous when we want to be, just don't understand why it takes two goals to motivate our team.

Well that was shite match of the day. Showed none of the good chances we created and they then went on to say we only scored from errors completely neglecting the fact that so did they. Then spoke about Lallana instead of Eriksen?!? Why do I even watch it anymore?

love that...look at the bench (Pauli aside)

I dvred the game and at first look I was wondering why he didn't even get up to celebrate. If you squint and look closely you can see him clapping. I still don't understand how his first reaction wasn't to jump up and celebrate, it should be instinctual.

Did he have a shot though.....?

:harryhmm:
not that i remember. But to drop him after that would be very, very foolish. Id like to see Chadders and Eriksen swapped round from what we had today, even though eriksen scored twice coming in from wide i really want to see him link up with soldado properly

Back
Top Bottom