Southampton vs Spursy Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn't work perfectly positionally but I think that's our best available eleven. Front three can rotate a lot.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Chadli, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Doesn't work perfectly positionally but I think that's our best available eleven. Front three can rotate a lot.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Chadli, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

That would be how an England manager would play us, stick out the best 11 even if it means playing players out of position. Dier and Chadli in this case would be out of position, I actually prefer Eriksen slightly on the left as he gets bullied in the middle.

Might work, our best team in terms of balance would probably be the below, although Mason has looked leggy recently. Lamela over Townsend as despite his flaws he links/presses better IMO.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio/Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane][/formation][/QUOTE]

That would be how an England manager would play us, stick out the best 11 even if it means playing players out of position. Dier and Chadli in this case would be out of position, I actually prefer Eriksen slightly on the left as he gets bullied in the middle.

Might work, our best team in terms of balance would probably be the below, although Mason has looked leggy recently. Lamela over Townsend as despite his flaws he links/presses better IMO.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio/Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Walker would certainly be in my 11 if he weren't injured. I agree that Eriksen might be best put on the LW but I feel harsh dropping Chadli after his nice goal and an overall decent performance last week. Lamela will probably play but it won't be on merit, I thought he was poor last week. But, tbf, he probably should play from here on out to see what we have in him and let him get a bit of an extended run in the team.

Walker would certainly be in my 11 if he weren't injured. I agree that Eriksen might be best put on the LW but I feel harsh dropping Chadli after his nice goal and an overall decent performance last week. Lamela will probably play but it won't be on merit, I thought he was poor last week. But, tbf, he probably should play from here on out to see what we have in him and let him get a bit of an extended run in the team.

My issue with Chadli is that like Dempsey he offers very little in terms of pressing, passing, link play but he's a bloody good goalscorer, with Eriksen slightly to the left to make room for him to shine I am not too sure Chadli would fit on the right side, I might be wrong. I do think Dembele in the middle gave us a lot more power up front and we do lack that.

My issue with Chadli is that like Dempsey he offers very little in terms of pressing, passing, link play but he's a bloody good goalscorer, with Eriksen slightly to the left to make room for him to shine I am not too sure Chadli would fit on the right side, I might be wrong. I do think Dembele in the middle gave us a lot more power up front and we do lack that.

Yeah but Lamela and Townsend offer nothing. Sure Lamela runs and presses more than Chadli but even if he wins the ball he's more than likely to give it right back.

Yeah but Lamela and Townsend offer nothing. Sure Lamela runs and presses more than Chadli but even if he wins the ball he's more than likely to give it right back.

I think we have issues with all our wide forwards.

Lamela: Presses well, works hard and seems to help with the team shape but prone to some serious brain farts on the ball and doesn't score enough. Frustrating player as there is a real star somewhere under it all.

Townsend: Great close control, acceleration and balance with ok crossing, positional intelligence and decision making poor, team always looks out of balance when he plays.

Chadli: strong, good skills with very good scoring record, often ponderous, links and tracks poorly, like Townsend can make us look unbalanced.

Eriksen: personally think as a false left he looks best as he doesn't get bullied like when in the middle but with Poch wanting a genuine wide forward maybe not the long term solution.

Nipped over to Dubai for a month, come back and Paulinho is in the starting 11 and cracking out a MOTM performance. Fuck a duck.

And what the fuck is this Koeman appreciation day? Blatant dig at Poch. Hope we fucking ruin them and their shite day.

You think Villa can leapfrog us easier than Southampton?
Not only that, I don't think Villa need to 'leapfrog us' because they are roughly at the same status level as us fighting for the '6th biggest club' spot.

Southampton are wayyyy below Villa, Everton and us. They're fighting it out with the likes of West Brom, West Ham, Sunderland and Leeds for those 10th-15th spots. All IMHO, of course :)

I'll be honest. That won't console me if we lose to them tomorrow.
Hi TLD, it won't console me either. I'll be feeling abolutely sick and it'll spoil my weekend as Spurs losing normally does.

But I also keep an eye on the bigger picture. Imagine the endless spoilt weekends Saints fans have had over the past fifty years and more. Just one trophy in their entire history, no trophies at all for the past forty years or so, we've won six since then BTW. And then they think they're as big as us, hilarious :roflmao:

Last edited:
Hi TLD, it won't console me either. I'll be feeling abolutely sick and it'll spoil my weekend as Spurs losing normally does.

But I also keep an eye on the bigger picture. Imagine the endless spoilt weekends Saints fans have had over the past fifty years and more. Just one trophy in their entire history, no trophies at all for the past forty years or so, we've won six since then BTW. And then they think they're as big as us, hilarious :roflmao:
I really don't get this whole - who's got the biggest dick in football schtick.
The past is the past.
Its like me saying I'm harder than the 18 year old kid next door - because I would have been if I was still 18.
Football is all about now, the only history is this seasons league table.

Everything else is romance and dreams, in sporting terms.

Back
Top Bottom