Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saints have only lost one game at home this season. This will be a formidable trip, Ward-Prowse's set pieces are ridiculous.

I can see Conte playing the same side as today (with the exception of Davies). Our mini-break because of Covid means the legs should still be good.

Saints have only lost one game at home this season. This will be a formidable trip, Ward-Prowse's set pieces are ridiculous.

I can see Conte playing the same side as today (with the exception of Davies). Our mini-break because of Covid means the legs should still be good.

Remember when Son and Kane in-particular absolutely destroyed them there last season. Hopefully they will be daft enough to play with such a high line once again.

AwSBhB9.jpg

Gollini, Doherty, Rodon, Tanganga, Skipp, Ndombele, Dele, Gil, Kane

They are likely to start with the same team that won yesterday, but they will be knackered.
Fresh legs will win this game.
We have Winks, Dele, Bergwijn, Davies, Doherty, Rodon, N,Dombele all with fresh legs and eager to impress ( well apart from N’Dombele)
These players might not be people’s favourites or first choice but they are crucial and their fresh legs could be the difference for us.

COYS! That's Spurs, not Saint's, you fuckers!

Win this to go three behind the nomads, with two in hand.

Interesting that after yesterday's performance, Chelsea are said to be "back in the title race" but winning our games in hand would place us so close to Chelsea.

Chelsea and Woolwich play us and City over the next month two. This shit just got super interesting.

But first, let's fuck this lot up again.

It's clear, Conte plays 3-4-3 in games that we're expected to dominate and need the extra firepower, and he plays 3-5-2 in games that are harder and need more bodies in the midfield (Liverpool as a case in point). Considering it's Southampton, I'd assume we start with a 3-4-3 and move to a 3-5-2 if the game becomes a bit nervy.

Hugo
Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Skipp - Hojbjerg - Reguilon
Lucas - Kane - Son

Dier will need a rest (I admire his stamina, but he gets ran to the ground way too often, last year it also happened in september), and Sessegnon is still not ready to start from his injury.

Dele and Winks to come on, most likely Stevie for Son too.

2-0 Spurs.

It's clear, Conte plays 3-4-3 in games that we're expected to dominate and need the extra firepower, and he plays 3-5-2 in games that are harder and need more bodies in the midfield (Liverpool as a case in point). Considering it's Southampton, I'd assume we start with a 3-4-3 and move to a 3-5-2 if the game becomes a bit nervy.

Hugo
Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Skipp - Hojbjerg - Reguilon
Lucas - Kane - Son

Dier will need a rest (I admire his stamina, but he gets ran to the ground way too often, last year it also happened in september), and Sessegnon is still not ready to start from his injury.

Dele and Winks to come on, most likely Stevie for Son too.

2-0 Spurs.
But we don’t really dominate with 3/4/3 - we just get overrun in midfield. We did yesterday for the first 20 minutes. I think it hands possession and momentum to the other side.

I’d like to see us use the 3/5/2 in every game, regardless of opposition.

Back
Top Bottom