Sporting (H) - UCL - 26/10, 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmm. Seems a natural move to go back to 3-4-3 and bring Lucas into the side.. but we haven't really seen any of Skipp, Bentancur or Bissouma pair successfully as a two. Skipp made some decent runs forward yday but I'm just not confident in him in a cm2 at the moment, touch, willingness to get on ball and work out of possession just doesn't look there to me at the moment. You'd love to see replacements for Lloris or Dier but it would be a shock to see either not start. Really need Romero to be fit, back three and Lloris were horrible with the ball y'day and the wingbacks are all short on technique. Give Gil a run second half.. bad form he got no mins in two dismal performances after a fun sub performance vs Frankfurt. If Sanchez has to start I'd like to see Gil and Emerson over Doherty and Lucas.

Realistically, I'd like to see 3-4-3 - Lloris; Romero, Dier, Davies ; Doherty, Bentancur, Bissouma, Perisic; Lucas , Kane, Son.

Agreed to watch this in a Portuguese Cafe with my Portuguese and Sporting lisbon fan colleague..

I fucking love humiliation I do!

urgh.. Superbock is 80p a bottle though .. and my word the pastel de nata are delightful.
Expect I will get absolutely wankered and join in the Lisboa chants

3-5-2 isn’t working. Back to 3 up top, go for the juggler. Win and we qualify, we could even top the group if results go our way.
Need the team to perform like a collective lion. Tamer performances shouldn't be accepted. None of this clowning around at the back. Someone needs to take charge back there, open their trap. Ease into the knockout stages with a win. Don't want to be walking a tightrope of qualification on the last game of the group stage. Need to win, and win big. Top the group.

Last edited:
Need the team to perform like a collective lion. Tamer performances shouldn't be accepted. None of this clowning around at the back. Someone needs to take charge back there, open their trap. Ease into the knockout stages with a win. Don't want to be walking a tightrope of qualification on the last game of the group stage. Need to win, and win big. Top the group.
If we go into the last game without progression already confirmed it's not a tight rope, it's a skydive sans parachute...

I’ve got a ticket for this one; my first game this season and my first time in the south stand. I’m not sure I want to go now though! :contefacepalm:

> rages that Conte doesn’t play 3-5-2
> Conte plays 3-5-2
> thinks 3-5-2 is shit after just two games

Typical TFC poster
Anyone who thinks the problems are down to arbitrary formation descriptions is an idiot.

Switching between either doesn't alter Emerson being dreadful at football, or a chronic lack of creativity in central midfield, or Son having been Space Jammed...

Anyone who thinks the problems are down to arbitrary formation descriptions is an idiot.

Switching between either doesn't alter Emerson being dreadful at football, or a chronic lack of creativity in central midfield, or Son having been Space Jammed...

I liked what I saw from our MF until our defense fell to pieces yesterday.

That's why I'm so fucked off.... It felt like we pissed away an otherwise improved peformance that could have been built upon. Now that chink of light likely gets disregarded by those at the wheel as the memory of the overall performance/result prevails.

Back
Top Bottom