Spurs match day vlogger

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good luck to the lad, he's not exactly doing it as a money making exercise and is just having a bit of fun. Should maybe cut the filming inside the ground though.

As for being "embarrassing" 5-1 away to Newcastle was far worse.

Good luck to the lad, he's not exactly doing it as a money making exercise and is just having a bit of fun. Should maybe cut the filming inside the ground though.

As for being "embarrassing" 5-1 away to Newcastle was far worse.
I watched only a bit of it. The thing that stood out for me, he sings! It's the only one of these that I have seen where the person in question is singing, it's not great, but no worse than some pissed up fella on the lash for 5 hours before the game to be fair. For that reason alone I find it impossible to have a pop. Rather 1000 of him at the ground than 1000 tourists ticking off a bucket list experience whilst on holiday.

Problem with this sort of social media/vlogging is you're going to leave yourself open to ridicule. As shown by the comments on that Chavs twitter post.

We all give opposition fans stick, especially when it comes to those ArseFanTV dickheads. Some of those fans are genuine, others seem to be fame hungry attention seeking wankers.
We make fun of their opinions and reactions. Have a look at the comment section of that tweet, anti-semitism and jokes on his appearance. Woolwich and Chelsea fans are just scum, pure scum

He hasn't got Downs. But he may well have the innocence of a Downs person which, because of their innately selfless and loving nature, cannot understand when or why other people would be nasty for the sake of it.
The only embarrassments here are the scum who think taking the mickey makes them big or brave - mainly the twattterati from other clubs but including, for instance, the pillock spurs fan in the background of the video.
The aggression and hate that surrounds the beautiful game is an ongoing sadness. None of us are immune.

All I can can say is... if that was a Gooner, we'd be having a Field day at his expense...
...as it is, he's (apparently) 'one of our own' so we either have to pat him on the head and say "ahhh, in't he sweet?" or suck up the abuse that comes his/our way.

Either way, any fan (and I mean ANY FAN of any club) who would rather film their own face, ugly or not (especially if they look like James Cordon's love-child) with one wonky eye firmly fixed on looking directly at their selfie-stick camera, rather than watching the game... has NO place inside a football ground...
...and as for trying to 'tongue' the guy behind after the goal... seriously, I've gotta eat in 3 hours mate!

But knowing modern-day society, he'll probably have a million+ 'hits' on his Facetwat account, and is no doubt 2nd fave (behind Claude) for next year's Christmas #1 with a mash up of his ramblings...

not only is MODERN FOOTBALL WELL AND TRULY BROKEN... it's bordering on irreparable!

Last edited:
The solution is simple; NO SELFIE STICKS!
we'd cull most of this shit in an instant!

...honestly, if the Club were half as strict on not allowing Selfie-sticks into the ground, as they are banning pieces of torn up newspaper** then we'd be OK!

**personal experience clearly skewing my view here!

Why do people keep saying his has learning difficulties? Does anyone actually have any proof of this or do you just think "he looks a bit wrong"? The latter seems rather offensive, no?

...on any given match-day, you could argue that a fair percentage of the fanbase going into a football ground 'looks a bit wrong'... obviously, that percentage gets higher, the closer you get to London, N5!!!!

Why do people keep saying his has learning difficulties? Does anyone actually have any proof of this or do you just think "he looks a bit wrong"? The latter seems rather offensive, no?
I said I think he has Downs. I used to work with people with learning difficulties and he looks and sounds like someone who has it. If I am wrong then I apologise.

At any rate, as much as I disagree with all the filming etc at football, I really don't want to dig out another Spurs fan for filming himself if there's any chance he might have learning disabilities. It is the sort of thing those nazi Chelsea cunts would do, and no surprise they are on the case.

I don't like it - it's not a personal thing against that piece, it sort of misses the point of going to the game. You can just record your thoughts after the game, but selfies in the crowd have a few real issues. I mean you can even see other fans craning their necks to get in shot, which I find weird...

I think we over focus on how to react to the game, instead of just reacting to the game. The other week at the Chelsea game I saw us get the first and the crowd was going crazy, but there were still a huge number of fans standing there recording the reaction of the fans celebrating on camera, to me, that's missing the point. It's like going to see your favourite band and standing there watching the band on your mobile, when you should be enjoying the fact that you're experiencing something wonderful, live, in front of you and you're part of that.

I kind of hope this type of fan tv is a fad, I like talking about football once I've processed it, compare the madness of the match thread followed by the considered response. Yes if you want to capture the anxiety, joy and madness of the moment I can see the point of that, but when you can really look at the game in totality you can put the performance and events in to context.

This is like gogglebox for football and I don't think it captures what I enjoy in a matchday, but I might just be a miserable git who despises everyone, people get the wrong impression about me sometimes, I mean you burn down one orphanage full of blind children and people just tend to judge, everyone's a critic nowadays....
I went to see Louis CK a couple of years back and he made a great joke about the same thing. Parents going to see their kids first school play and all standing there looking at them through iPads recording it .
Like you're there but you may as well not be as you're missing it all, not taking it in, too focused on getting a great shot. What's the fucking point.
He also mocked the big screen . Why watch the screen at a live show, you may as well watch it on TV.

I think there is ASD in his behaviour, not something to be mocked but hardly a surprise when he puts himself out on the world wide web for all to see amongst football rivals. Part of this condition is a lack of awareness and finding it difficult to understand other peoples emotions and feelings.

Personally I would probably at least try to have a word with him should he ever be in front of me - but only because it would ruin the game to have his camera in my face, and I have no desire whatsoever to be in the backdrop of a viral shit show.

Back
Top Bottom